5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone installed these grill lights from Bullseye Custom Autos?

Solracer

Reaction score
I emailed him last week. Seems like he's doing his best to make things right. Sending out new units to those who haven't even had issues yet.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
I emailed him last week. Seems like he's doing his best to make things right. Sending out new units to those who haven't even had issues yet.
Not many businesses that do that anymore. That's quality care I wish every business had.

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Well, 2nd set is finally installed, 3 months later lol. Had to completely remove the grille again as the hole in the backing plate was two small to pull the harness sleeve through to do a quick cut and reconnect. So with that said, if these fail, there will not be a 3rd set. Ill just pull them and run without them.

310522168_775218553574291_4853634862477751787_n.jpg

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
love the look but geez they seem like more trouble then they are worth..

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. The company has been doing right by their customers with replacements, but it's been a lot of replacements. Not a very good look.

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score

My thoughts exactly. The company has been doing right by their customers with replacements, but it's been a lot of replacements. Not a very good look.

The issue is the quality. We are pretty sure these are cheap Chinese lights. You can literally buy the EXACT same lights themselves on Amazon for $20. It appears all the company is doing is adding the plastic backing plate, lengthening the wires and in some cases tinting the lenses, and building the kits.

The idea is there, but its not like they designed the lights for long term use or quality, which is the main issue with these.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
@BobbyLeeSniper - you are correct. @Solracer posted their video of how they prep and package the lights and that's pretty much what they do.

The problem is the quality of the LEDs from China. I've gone through numerous $20 LEDs from Amazon and they were all crap. Bullseye seems like they found a somewhat reliable supplier. I've had my Bullseye LEDs installed since August and after going through mud and many car washes I haven't had any issues (knocks on wood).

The issue is the quality. We are pretty sure these are cheap Chinese lights. You can literally buy the EXACT same lights themselves on Amazon for $20. It appears all the company is doing is adding the plastic backing plate, lengthening the wires and in some cases tinting the lenses, and building the kits.

The idea is there, but its not like they designed the lights for long term use or quality, which is the main issue with these.
Anyone else get the email from Bullseye? Sounds like they know how to provide customer service.

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
@BobbyLeeSniper - you are correct. @Solracer posted their video of how they prep and package the lights and that's pretty much what they do.

The problem is the quality of the LEDs from China. I've gone through numerous $20 LEDs from Amazon and they were all crap. Bullseye seems like they found a somewhat reliable supplier. I've had my Bullseye LEDs installed since August and after going through mud and many car washes I haven't had any issues (knocks on wood).

Im on my 2nd set. Im on a couple ram pages on FB and Ive seen some people on their 3rd or 4th, Handful of people have switched to Rough Countrys after the 2nd set of bullseye.
Maybe they finally have it figured out, but only time will tell. I also see newer options starting to pop up as well which is great.

ATVJOE

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd set. These also are giving me trouble. They work great for about a week then garbage. Not worth taking the truck apart every other week to put in new and improved set in that also will go bad.

610SRTGang

Reaction score
Has anyone else run into it throwing codes for 4wd, traction control, forward collision warning off(if equipped). The fuse they have you tap is the dtc fuse and when we initially plugged it in it threw all the codes. We then cleared them and drove fine 1 or 2 times... And now the same lights are on again...

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Has anyone else run into it throwing codes for 4wd, traction control, forward collision warning off(if equipped). The fuse they have you tap is the dtc fuse and when we initially plugged it in it threw all the codes. We then cleared them and drove fine 1 or 2 times... And now the same lights are on again...

That doesnt sound like the correct fuse. But Ill double check mine tomorrow. LOL i dont have the install instructions anymore.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Its not that bad, but watch a couple youtube on grill removal first. The worst part is the wheel fender thingys if you have them. (Sorry had a few)

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Nope, try turning fuse, maybe in the wrong way

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
I've had mine for over 4 months now and weekly truck washes and still running good

j2ttu

Reaction score
I ran into this issue when I was installing some other lights. Exact same problem. My issue turned out that I incorrectly installed the fuse tap for my lights.
I removed the existing fuse, and placed the fuse tap there fine, but I didn't add an additional fuse to the fuse tap. Once I had the two fuses on the fuse tap, no problems.

610SRTGang

Reaction score
Just an FYI. fuse spot 37 works. I have run into an issue where the truck is saying the driver side turn signal is out and it is working... but then the indicator light in the gauge cluster flashes rapidly... i will keep you in the loop if i find out what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread