5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone installed these grill lights from Bullseye Custom Autos?

Kinalyx

Reaction score
Just a heads up if you ordered a set for the limited grille, they may already be connected to "brackets" or a backing for installation, you do not need this on the limited if you dont want it. After working on mine today, he decided that the light bars are a near 100% perfect fit in the openings and just used double sided molding tape to secure them. They look awesome, i would take pics but the truck is crazy dirty from driving 2.5 hours each way to their shop for the install. Hopefully i can get a video of them tomorrow night, maybe get some sort of car wash done to get rid of the bugs and whatnot.

Shawn

Solracer

Reaction score
Just a heads up if you ordered a set for the limited grille, they may already be connected to "brackets" or a backing for installation, you do not need this on the limited if you dont want it. After working on mine today, he decided that the light bars are a near 100% perfect fit in the openings and just used double sided molding tape to secure them. They look awesome, i would take pics but the truck is crazy dirty from driving 2.5 hours each way to their shop for the install. Hopefully i can get a video of them tomorrow night, maybe get some sort of car wash done to get rid of the bugs and whatnot.

Shawn
Awesome! Thanks! I got a pair of tinted ones for my night edition limited grill.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Been on the fence...they certainly look cool but do they offer much additional light?

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
So just installed them on mine, They are not wired yet, that will be tomorrows project.
I will say, if you are not mechanically inclined, getting the "filler" panels off below the headlights, to get to the grille bolts, is not an easy task, and you can easily damage the filler panels. Luckily, I know a tech that worked in the plant on these trucks and was able to get them off in about 15min total(unfortunetly with a little scuffing to the panels, however it should be hidden when back on, so im not worried about it). Its also more work if you have flares. Both the flares, flare clips can also be damaged if you are unsure of how to get them off.
  • Heres where things may start to vary from the install video depending on the grille. I have a laramie G/T. I have the Active Grille Shutter. My grille has a large plastic "baffle" that funnels air directly into the AGS, bolted to the grille itself. This baffle need's to come completely off inorder to release the tabs to slide the lights into place. If you take your time, its easy.
  • In the instillation video, it appears he has an all chrome Bighorn Grille. The chrome Big horn grilles will cover both ends of the plastic backing the light is mounted on. With the painted laramie grille, you will see the plastic on the outside ends. For me, not a big concern because the area of the grille where the plastic backing is visible, is also black. With that said, the lights are solidly locked into place on my grille. I have no play in the lights. I can move the outside ends of the lights slighty up, but once the grille is snapped back together, i cannot move the inside ends at all.
  • When running the wires, you have to feed them around the outside of the AGS, obviously you can go through the shutters. If you dont have AGS, this wont be an issue.

I do NOT believe this will work on the Limited/Longhorn Grille. The designs are completely different. If they do happen to fit, someone needs to make a new installation video for each grille because Im pretty sure the lights will not sit or sit securely the same way.
9872eff0-e311-4919-91a4-76c1964dc410-Ram_1500_Limited_1.jpg
2021-ram-1500-limited-longhorn-10th-anniversary-edition-front.jpg

I bolted the grille back in for the night as I don't want anyone walking away with it, but im going to take it back off tomorrow, when I do the wiring. My OCD wont allow me to just throw the wires in, I need to make it look like a clean/factory install. Ill take more thorough pictures at that time.
284346382_384835250355755_175667889988567997_n.jpg

titan3636

Reaction score
So just installed them on mine, They are not wired yet, that will be tomorrows project.
I will say, if you are not mechanically inclined, getting the "filler" panels off below the headlights, to get to the grille bolts, is not an easy task, and you can easily damage the filler panels. Luckily, I know a tech that worked in the plant on these trucks and was able to get them off in about 15min total(unfortunetly with a little scuffing to the panels, however it should be hidden when back on, so im not worried about it). Its also more work if you have flares. Both the flares, flare clips can also be damaged if you are unsure of how to get them off.
  • Heres where things may start to vary from the install video depending on the grille. I have a laramie G/T. I have the Active Grille Shutter. My grille has a large plastic "baffle" that funnels air directly into the AGS, bolted to the grille itself. This baffle need's to come completely off inorder to release the tabs to slide the lights into place. If you take your time, its easy.
  • In the instillation video, it appears he has an all chrome Bighorn Grille. The chrome Big horn grilles will cover both ends of the plastic backing the light is mounted on. With the painted laramie grille, you will see the plastic on the outside ends. For me, not a big concern because the area of the grille where the plastic backing is visible, is also black. With that said, the lights are solidly locked into place on my grille. I have no play in the lights. I can move the outside ends of the lights slighty up, but once the grille is snapped back together, i cannot move the inside ends at all.
  • When running the wires, you have to feed them around the outside of the AGS, obviously you can go through the shutters. If you dont have AGS, this wont be an issue.

I do NOT believe this will work on the Limited/Longhorn Grille. The designs are completely different. If they do happen to fit, someone needs to make a new installation video for each grille because Im pretty sure the lights will not sit or sit securely the same way.
View attachment 131242
View attachment 131243

I bolted the grille back in for the night as I don't want anyone walking away with it, but im going to take it back off tomorrow, when I do the wiring. My OCD wont allow me to just throw the wires in, I need to make it look like a clean/factory install. Ill take more thorough pictures at that time.
View attachment 131234
Thanks for the info. That’s the only reason I haven’t ordered yet for my limited. Worried about getting the panels below the lights off without damage.

Kinalyx

Reaction score

View attachment 131242
View attachment 131243

View attachment 131234
As i stated above, I have a limited, and have these installed already. I had bullseye install them for me. Since i was the Guinea pig they found a better way of mounting them in the limited grille vs the others. Mine do not have a backing, they are double sided taped directly to the fins of the grill in that spot. I dont have any pictures, as ive been crazy busy since leaving their shop. Trust me, these lights fit in the limited grill just fine.

As for the lower panels below the lights, as far as ive seen, the easiest way to do this is to remove the outisde so its loose from the truck, then just use a ratchet behind them to get the 3 bolts out of each side, then remove them with the grill and pull them off from there.

Im definitely not going to say this is an "easy" install, but IMO, the limited might actually be easier, as far as i know, the grill just needs to come off so that you can get the wiring situated, since theyre just taped on.

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
As i stated above, I have a limited, and have these installed already. I had bullseye install them for me. Since i was the Guinea pig they found a better way of mounting them in the limited grille vs the others. Mine do not have a backing, they are double sided taped directly to the fins of the grill in that spot. I dont have any pictures, as ive been crazy busy since leaving their shop. Trust me, these lights fit in the limited grill just fine.

As for the lower panels below the lights, as far as ive seen, the easiest way to do this is to remove the outisde so its loose from the truck, then just use a ratchet behind them to get the 3 bolts out of each side, then remove them with the grill and pull them off from there.

Im definitely not going to say this is an "easy" install, but IMO, the limited might actually be easier, as far as i know, the grill just needs to come off so that you can get the wiring situated, since theyre just taped on.
Right, I missed your post when I posted. But with that said, My post still somewhat holds true.
They had to completely change the mounting for your limited grille. There is still one more type of limited grille. Then as you said, you were the Guinea Pig.

With that said, here is my install.
This is what I was talking about yesterday. The Bighorn/Basic chrome grille, covers this end.
20220603_194203.jpg

Heres the AGS baffle that needs to be unbolted and unclipped, in order to loosen the retaining clips for the grille to slide the lights into place.
20220604_114454.jpg

Here they are installed, and a quick vid.
20220604_145636.jpg

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Soo, not sure who else have bought these, but i have complete failure in both lights. Originally, I had the set 2 weeks before the driver side DRL went out. So I disconnected it so it wouldnt flicker and so the truck didnt look bad with just one light working. With that said, the ambers still worked. Here I am almost a month later and I now full failure in both lights.

It just so happens that today was the day I noticed and today happens to be the day that Bullseye sent out an email stating the first batch had quality issues with the solder. They did say they are sending out new kits to those who purchased during the first batch.

Not sure if anyone else is having issues, but figured Id share.

Kinalyx

Reaction score
Soo, not sure who else have bought these, but i have complete failure in both lights. Originally, I had the set 2 weeks before the driver side DRL went out. So I disconnected it so it wouldnt flicker and so the truck didnt look bad with just one light working. With that said, the ambers still worked. Here I am almost a month later and I now full failure in both lights.

It just so happens that today was the day I noticed and today happens to be the day that Bullseye sent out an email stating the first batch had quality issues with the solder. They did say they are sending out new kits to those who purchased during the first batch.

Not sure if anyone else is having issues, but figured Id share.
Ive had the same issue, first 1 had strange "breaks" in the light where there would be gaps and only part would light up at certain times. now 1 is completely out and the other is mostly out. Great to see Matt "MrBoom" come forward and get out in front of this and take responsibility. I have messaged him asking for a new setup.

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I’m definitely going to order these, they look sweet! Is there really no way to install these without taking the entire grille out? It seems kinda excessive to me. Would this idea work?: Take that black plastic backing they give you (or some other black plastic sheet), put high temp 2 part epoxy on the edges, slide it thru the hole in the grille and stick it on to the back of the hole. Let it harden. Then use double stick foam tape to tape the light to the plastic? In my head it makes sense and would be super easy but let me know if my idea is flawed please!

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
I’m definitely going to order these, they look sweet! Is there really no way to install these without taking the entire grille out? It seems kinda excessive to me. Would this idea work?: Take that black plastic backing they give you (or some other black plastic sheet), put high temp 2 part epoxy on the edges, slide it thru the hole in the grille and stick it on to the back of the hole. Let it harden. Then use double stick foam tape to tape the light to the plastic? In my head it makes sense and would be super easy but let me know if my idea is flawed please!

Only way to run the wiring is by taking the grille off especially if you have the AGS. Once you know how to do it, it really doesnt take long. Its even easier if you dont have flares.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Only way to run the wiring is by taking the grille off especially if you have the AGS. Once you know how to do it, it really doesnt take long. Its even easier if you dont have flares.
Hmm dang that’s unfortunate, I was hoping there was an easier way. Maybe I’ll buy them and give it a shot and if not I’ll take the grille off like it says to. Thanks

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Hmm dang that’s unfortunate, I was hoping there was an easier way. Maybe I’ll buy them and give it a shot and if not I’ll take the grille off like it says to. Thanks
The grille has a baffle that feeds the air into the AGS. There is no way to feed the wires through the foam that seals the AGS and baffle. Images below you can see the foam around the edge of the AGS, and you can see the marks on the baffle where it seals to. When the grille is on, there is no way to get your arm/hand/tool between the AGS and baffle to run the wires where it needs to go.

20220604_114454.jpg 20220604_114449.jpg

Last edited:

Solracer

Reaction score
Anyone else get the email from Bullseye? Sounds like they know how to provide customer service.

Good Afternoon,

This is Matt, the owner of BCA just reaching out with a little update regarding your order and some issues I/we have noticed with a previous batch of DRL lights that we received. We believe that the last batch had some poor soldering joints and that caused some issues with the DRL’s when being installed if the strips were bent too much. The other issue I/we have noticed is with our previous tinted offering that those had a Higher fail rate than what I deemed acceptable. I know that removing the grille is a pain so in order to try to lower the fail rate I worked directly with the manufacturer to tint the molded lenses themselves instead of paying our painter $50 a pair to spray tint them. Between better soldering and the molds being tinted I do believe this will eliminate a great deal of failures moving forward.

If you have already had any type of failure and received a set of replacements, keep those and do as you wish. You will be sent a replacement pair anyway. If you haven’t had any failures, well thank goodness. With all that being said, I/we are getting all the new light strips made into kits and will be sending those to you as well. All customers should receive replacements by month's end. You are only going to be sent the lights themselves with new connectors to attach to the power/ground/turn signal wires. We aren’t going to send new brackets. Keep those, leave them mounted in the grille, and remove the old lights. That will eliminate a little bit of work on your end as well as lower the risk of over bending the lights and possibly damaging them.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email back to THIS email. Thank you for being a customer and supporting our small business.

Also, made a quick video in regards to the new drl lights, how they look compared to the older ones. Here is a link to update:

BOOM
🎯
MR/MRSBOOM (Matt & Kristen Meredith)
Bullseye Custom Autos | Leander, TX
FB/IG: @bullseyecustomautos

610SRTGang

Reaction score
Right, I missed your post when I posted. But with that said, My post still somewhat holds true.
They had to completely change the mounting for your limited grille. There is still one more type of limited grille. Then as you said, you were the Guinea Pig.

With that said, here is my install.
This is what I was talking about yesterday. The Bighorn/Basic chrome grille, covers this end.
View attachment 131325

Heres the AGS baffle that needs to be unbolted and unclipped, in order to loosen the retaining clips for the grille to slide the lights into place.
View attachment 131326

Here they are installed, and a quick vid.
View attachment 131327

Is this the smoke version?

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
So I just got done talking to the owner of this business and he is very busy right now with exchanging the first generation of these to everyone that ordered the first batch regardless if they had/have problems or not. He has since beefed up the cord to a thicker version and changed the tint method for better quality. I ordered the tinted version for my Laramie and he gave me a discount code for others to use for 10% off if they use this code with their order.
Code: SH10

Users who are viewing this thread