5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Anyone fit a Queen size mattress in the Bed?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have a sleep number....if you have volunteered to move the assembly, consisting of mattress and foundation, you are fooked.
The mattress itself is attached to the foundation. They can be separated, but it is a bit tedious to unzip the cover, remove the padding and bladder to access the fasteners.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for the vote of confidence lol. It's a sleep number bed I think. Maybe doing it as a favor for a friend. So I just want to make sure I'm prepared
Lol if you are the only one with a truck in your group of friends and family it will be many more favors to come.
You'll start getting creative.
But yea always carry straps. Easy to carry, and use.
One of those harbor freight tools moving blankets always comes in handy. I alwasy carry one in my truck.
A bed extender is always your friend

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Lol it’ll fit a Queen mattress easily. I got a cal king, both box springs, a dresser, nightstand, bed frame with headboard and footboard all in the bed of mine! Actually might’ve had the nightstand in the back seat but still

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can reposition the tailgate cables to the upper "strikers" to allow the tailgate to rest in a mid-position to help keep the mattress from sliding.

Shuga

Reaction score
We have a sleep number....if you have volunteered to move the assembly, consisting of mattress and foundation, you are fooked.
The mattress itself is attached to the foundation. They can be separated, but it is a bit tedious to unzip the cover, remove the padding and bladder to access the fasteners.
Idek what I'm moving, they told me it was a "like a sleep number bed" and showed me a photo for a split second. :/

Shuga

Reaction score
Lol if you are the only one with a truck in your group of friends and family it will be many more favors to come.
You'll start getting creative.
But yea always carry straps. Easy to carry, and use.
One of those harbor freight tools moving blankets always comes in handy. I alwasy carry one in my truck.
A bed extender is always your friend
No one has asked me to use my truck in two years of ownership. I offered for this LOL. I'll get a moving blanket.

Shuga

Reaction score
You can reposition the tailgate cables to the upper "strikers" to allow the tailgate to rest in a mid-position to help keep the mattress from sliding.
That's a good idea, But my tailgate did fall off once randomly so I'm a little worried haha.

Shuga

Reaction score
Lol it’ll fit a Queen mattress easily. I got a cal king, both box springs, a dresser, nightstand, bed frame with headboard and footboard all in the bed of mine! Actually might’ve had the nightstand in the back seat but still
Do you have a photo lmaoo, I can't even picture that!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have a photo lmaoo, I can't even picture that!
No I wish! I also had a full sectional sofa with the cushions, a desk with drawers, and little cabinet in it on another occasion lol. They hold a ton of stuff if you pack it smart. Well also I have the 6’4 bed so that helps a little bit but either way the tailgates down

Shuga

Reaction score
No I wish! I also had a full sectional sofa with the cushions, a desk with drawers, and little cabinet in it on another occasion lol. They hold a ton of stuff if you pack it smart. Well also I have the 6’4 bed so that helps a little bit but either way the tailgates down
Mr Long bed you're not in this convo haha

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it’s a more complicated bed, I would tell them to maybe rent a small single axle trailer for ease of loading/unloading or heck, even a Home Depot box truck can be rented as low as $20 plus fuel. Also I’d tell them to text you the photo they flashed you with the dimensions of the bed L/W/& don’t forget height. Plan as much as possible to make it as easy as possible.

Maybe the Home Depot rental will get you out of this mess. 😆

Users who are viewing this thread