5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone added a trailer brake controller to a 2025 yet?

azzx

Reaction score
I added the switch to the dash. However, where the control box should be mounted under the dash is different. There is a square black plastic box mounted where the bracket for the control box should be mounted.
Sorry - did not take a picture.
Called a few dealers, but they have not installed one in 2025 yet.
also, cannot find the wires.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I added the switch to the dash. However, where the control box should be mounted under the dash is different. There is a square black plastic box mounted where the bracket for the control box should be mounted.
Sorry - did not take a picture.
Called a few dealers, but they have not installed one in 2025 yet.
also, cannot find the wires.
Trailer brake module isn’t under the dash anymore, it’s on the back wall of the cab.
Here’s the connector for it, and it’s location:
IMG_0653.jpeg
IMG_0654.jpeg

azzx

Reaction score
wow
What is involved to get to this?
On my 2019 Laramie, I found a way to drop the seat back. I cant find anything so far on how to drop the seat back on my 25 Big Horn
Same controller?

I bought the controller from an on-line dealer that claimed it is for 2025.
looks same as the older models
Below is what I ordered

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
wow
What is involved to get to this?
Same controller?

I bought the controller from an on-line dealer that claimed it is for 2025.
looks same as the older models
Below is what I ordered
It’s definitely not the same controller as pre-2025’s. There’s nothing in that link I can see, what is the part number on the one you bought?

Also, from what I can decipher from the schematics, part numbers and sales codes, it appears there are three different part numbers for the 2025’s- one that is just a pass through for the 7-way trailer connector lighting circuits (which you probably have), one for trailer brake function only, and one that’s serves as the trailer brake controller and TTPMS combined.

Call your dealership parts department, and give them your VIN and have them tell you what part number “trailer tow module” is installed on your truck.

azzx

Reaction score
Called the dealer, and they said 82215278AF
The parts guy said it is the same part # is the previous models

azzx

Reaction score
Is it the same for all 2025 trims? I have the big horn. The reason I am asking there is an option for trailer PCKG with trailer reverse control
Not sure if the dealers have much info on 2025 yet!

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Called the dealer, and they said 82215278AF
The parts guy said it is the same part # is the previous models
It’s not. Trust me, I’m not guessing here. The 2025’s have an entirely different canbus architecture, and almost nothing from 2019-2024 would work on a 2025.
Is it the same for all 2025 trims? I have the big horn
Not sure if the dealers have much info on 2025 yet!
Yes. The first place to start is by calling the parts department with your VIN, and ask them to look up what part number the trailer tow module is that your truck was built with. They will be able to see that.
Then need to find out which trailer tow module you would need to swap it out with for the trailer brake controller version (it looks like it would be 68569520AB).

Once that’s squared away, you would need to have the dealer flash in the XHC sales code (if it’s even available for your VIN), and run a procsi alignment.

azzx

Reaction score
Thanks -
will find out on Thurs. when I go to the dealer for this.
This is what the on-line Mopar parts dealer sent me -- it costed twice as the other part numbers!!

Attachments

• IMG20240528154212.jpg
    IMG20240528154212.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 12

azzx

Reaction score
Well Jimmy, you are correct.
Went to my dealer this morning (I printed the diagram you posted above) to show them.

Bottom line, the dealer has no clue what the correct trailer brake controller part is - let alone the location.
they did validate that there are no wires for the controller under the dash and a place to mount it.

They are supposed to call RAM's mother ship and get more info.
I would appreciate any more info if you have it so I can educate the dealer!

ZK840

Reaction score
I’m attempting to connect my prior Curt brake controller from 2020 RAM to my new 2025 without towing package. I didn’t find any loose wiring harness beneath the dash like before, but I did find a connector behind rear seat drivers side. Is this it? IMG_0553.jpeg

azzx

Reaction score
The correct controller is 82219240AA -- per ram tech support it may be released in 2 months. Yes the location has moved behind the back seat on 2025.

Good find - this maybe it! won't know until the new controller hits the dealers

Thank you

johnnyf123

Reaction score
I just ordered the controller from my dealership for my 2025 Ram DT Big Horn I6 Hurricane P/N 82219240AA (on backorder). This is not the same pn as the 19-24 1500s. There is a gateway mounted in the 25 where the controller goes in the older Rams. According to my parts guys all of the wiring is there for my truck so we'll see what I get when it comes in.

johnnyf123

Reaction score
I just picked up the kit...it comes with the switch and new data matrix...it also comes with a pinned out wiring harness...taking it to the dealership on Thursday for installation
20240615_082430.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread