5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hail damage

Pertzbro

Reaction score
I'm an agent in Iowa - it wont be totaled. What company you with?

Go get 2 estimates. Ram Dealer and Independent Body shop. I'm sure they're slammed and will be for some time. Might as well file a claim on your house roof too - you'll have damage there too.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm an agent in Iowa - it wont be totaled. What company you with?

Go get 2 estimates. Ram Dealer and Independent Body shop. I'm sure they're slammed and will be for some time. Might as well file a claim on your house roof too - you'll have damage there too.

I have Auto Owners Insurance. They are coming out tomorrow to take a look. Already filed claims on both truck and house. First ones in my life, but these are no brainers based on damage to each. AOI said they don't require me to go to a certain place for the truck, so its my option.

KY2021Laramie

Reaction score
Freak hail storm came through on Friday and nailed my truck. Hood and roof (no sunroof) are riddled. Lots of other dents as well. Bak flip cover dented to crap.

Claim filed and I'm waiting for adjuster. Anyone go through this? Wondering what to expect for damage total. Surely won't be enough to total it, right? 2019 Limited optioned out with only 36K miles. I've literally never had to go through insurance in my life.
I just went through this with my 2021 Ram here in Kentucky. Claim only came out to $1500 but the repair shop had to add a supplement and it went to $6500. Obviously I only paid my deductible and it took a while to get it into a repair shop. But I just got it back Tuesday looks good as new and I got a new tonneau cover out of it so I’m not complaining.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
My previous truck was a '15 GMC Canyon and hail got the hood, roof really good and a few dings on the fenders, bedsides and tailgate. Paid my deductible and insurance took care of PDR on all of it. Came out looking just like new again. The entire process was very painless. State Farm had an adjuster at the local body shop, setup under a tent. Then scheduled with the PDR guys who had 3 tents going at the body shop as well.

Zogg44

Reaction score
I just got mine back from Caliber Collision yesterday after hail repair, the 3rd vehicle we had repaired this year after a hailstorm in April. $4600 total, not nearly as bad as OP's but very noticeable. They did a great job with the PDR and trim replacement on all my vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread