5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had a Nice NEW camper for a few hours

Bigbags85

Reaction score
This afternoon my wife and I went to pick up our new camper! We were excited even though we weren't going to use it much this season. Stopped at my parent's house to show the kids (they were watching them) and took it home. Never unhooked it from the truck and about 6hrs later drove around because my dad wanted to check out the reverse steering. We got back to my street and were pulled over on the side of the road stopped with blinkers on waiting for this car to pass us so we could back it into the driveway when said car decided he would rather rear end us then drive around us! I am still in disbelief. The truck did tow like a dream for the idk 50 miles that we had towed so far though.

Attachments

• PXL_20220624_210004880.jpg
    PXL_20220624_210004880.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 566
  • PXL_20220625_011240780.jpg
    PXL_20220625_011240780.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 568
  • PXL_20220625_011300421.jpg
    PXL_20220625_011300421.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 566
  • PXL_20220625_011306941.jpg
    PXL_20220625_011306941.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 569

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quality of driver sucks nowadays…they are either multi tasking behind the wheel, or in a rush to get to nowhere. That hurts to see…just a bit of patience woulda prevented all of that. 🤦🏻‍♂️

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This afternoon my wife and I went to pick up our new camper! We were excited even though we weren't going to use it much this season. Stopped at my parent's house to show the kids (they were watching them) and took it home. Never unhooked it from the truck and about 6hrs later drove around because my dad wanted to check out the reverse steering. We got back to my street and were pulled over on the side of the road stopped with blinkers on waiting for this car to pass us so we could back it into the driveway when said car decided he would rather rear end us then drive around us! I am still in disbelief. The truck did tow like a dream for the idk 50 miles that we had towed so far though.

Is your wife's maiden name Murphy by any chance......
Mine is, and my luck has gone to hell since I married her

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The good news? You no longer have to worry about the first dent, ding, or scratch.

But, yeah...what a dingus of a driver.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Quality of driver sucks nowadays…they are either multi tasking behind the wheel, or in a rush to get to nowhere. That hurts to see…just a bit of patience woulda prevented all of that. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Started riding motorcycles 50 years ago. My perspective on changes to driving habits.
1. Had smokers, but not so much pot, today I can smell it in traffic while on the bike.
2. No cup holders, how many consume their coffee (or other) in the vehicle.
3. Eating! More people on the drive thru than at the counter.
4. Cell phone talking - the good old days.
5. Cell phone texting - WTF, red light is now the place to check or answers texts.
6. Congestion (depends on where you travel).
7, Women - they don't drive like the mom's of my day. Some didn't drive at all. Wonder what the insurance company data shows on this one.
8, Vehicle performance. Three speed on the column, no power steering or brakes. Today's family sedan is a power house of performance.
9, Affluence - mom and pop buying their young (strong possibility of dumb) and inexperienced new driver child a car with performance above and beyond their level of ability and maturity.
10. Road conditions (aka pot holes/maintenance). Again depends on where you live. NYC metro area is heavily traveled and the roads take a beating with use and winter salting.
11. Attitudes, not my fault, prove it.
12. Baby boomers (1946-1964) aging.
13. The latest with the price of gas going up is the under 20 mph gas savers.
14. And let's not forget Amazon, UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, landscapers, construction, parents (or other) picking up kids and my favorite "door dash" (where do you get that permit/license to be inconsiderate to other drivers).

Feel free to add any additional criteria.

I discourage anyone from taking up motorcycle riding without a strong passion. One of the best BMW MC salesman gave up the street because of being rear ended while stopped in traffic twice, once being propelled over the car in front of him. He still does track days - it's safer or maybe more predictable.

Very sorry to hear of the damage to your motor home. My wife's Accord was rear ended at day 8 of ownership. Wouldn't have happened if the driver in front of her did not make an illegal left into the local post office.

Best wishes on the repair and insurance.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Yeah this kid was flying you can see in the video we were dead stopped and he hit us not 3 seconds after that.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Started riding motorcycles 50 years ago. My perspective on changes to driving habits.
1. Had smokers, but not so much pot, today I can smell it in traffic while on the bike.
5. Cell phone texting - WTF, red light is now the place to check or answers texts.
7, Women - they don't drive like the mom's of my day. Some didn't drive at all. Wonder what the insurance company data shows on this one.
8, Vehicle performance. Three speed on the column, no power steering or brakes. Today's family sedan is a power house of performance.
9, Affluence - mom and pop buying their young (strong possibility of dumb) and inexperienced new driver child a car with performance above and beyond their level of ability and maturity.
10. Road conditions (aka pot holes/maintenance). Again depends on where you live. NYC metro area is heavily traveled and the roads take a beating with use and winter salting.
14. And let's not forget Amazon, UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, landscapers, construction, parents (or other) picking up kids and my favorite "door dash" (where do you get that permit/license to be inconsiderate to other drivers).

I discourage anyone from taking up motorcycle riding without a strong passion. One of the best BMW MC salesman gave up the street because of being rear ended while stopped in traffic twice, once being propelled over the car in front of him. He still does track days - it's safer or maybe more predictable.

Very sorry to hear of the damage to your motor home. My wife's Accord was rear ended at day 8 of ownership. Wouldn't have happened if the driver in front of her did not make an illegal left into the local post office.

Our road has a speed limit that slows about halfway down the street that most never bother to acknowledge on top of all that. I am actually surprised that he stopped I think his first thought was to run he ended up about 300yds away. I was yelling to the people in my driveway to get in another car and ready to chase him down but he did eventually get out of the vehicle.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score

As a fellow motorcycle rider I can concur on all accounts. Stay safe

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I stopped riding motorcycles (on the road) because of all this. I’m not getting paralyzed or killed because of some POS of a human is watching a tik tok video.

Jako

Reaction score
I stopped riding motorcycles (on the road) because of all this. I’m not getting paralyzed or killed because of some POS of a human is watching a tik tok video.
Some statistical insight to MC accidents. I'm in the 2nd leading age group for deaths. I do take into account my own personal accountability whenever I get on the bike. Not one 1656165749914.png . I remember the numbers of fatalities going up as the baby boomers started buying the MCs in their later years. How many buy and ride above their ability? Learned on a 1970 Triumph Bonneville (45 hp), transitioned 20 years ago to BMW K bikes (125 hp). I currently ride a BMW K1300S with 175 hp. I did 2000 miles of easy riding getting familiar and comfortable with the 1300. At this point I won't test ride the newer 1000s with even more capability.

A college friend will only ride in the dirt also. He decided to become an orthopedic surgeon instead of research afte he required medical care from an accident while parking his motorcycle.

Dewey

Reaction score
Wow that sucks. Sorry you have to deal with this. So exciting getting something new only to have some idiot ruin that moment.😡

Reminds me of a few years back. My neighbor just bought a brand new camper, parked it along our lot line and a tornada came thru and destroyed it a few days later.

DE7B3E00-5A85-48CF-A413-725D5012D71F.jpeg

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Wow that sucks. Sorry you have to deal with this. So exciting getting something new only to have some idiot ruin that moment.😡

Reminds me of a few years back. My neighbor just bought a brand new camper, parked it along our lot line and a tornada came thru and destroyed it a few days later.

View attachment 133100
Oh no!

Users who are viewing this thread