5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grocery hook under rear seats missing

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep the rear seats most of the time and they have never flopped down. My '22 Limited does not have the hooks but I do have the underseat storage.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How do you guys keep the seat from falling over. My truck has them but when I have the seats up and I brake they go back down
Mine don't fall back down. It sounds like yours needs to be adjusted.
Do you have reclining rear seats?
They're about 2" wide, stick out about 1/2", and they're mounted to the very back of the seat bottom. It's unlikely they would keep anything from fitting under your seat.

I have the under seat storage and I have the hooks.

The hooks work great, otherwise the grocery bags would just slide around on the floor.
It would for my first aid kit, it's hard plastic and barely fits under the seat (with the under seat storage folded up)

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I’m going to have to bring it up at the dealership then. Unless anyone knows how to tighten them I’ll do it myself

Duran

Reaction score
What are they for and how are they used out of curiosity

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have them on my truck. Think I have used the driver's side hook once. For grocery store trips, I have the Husky storage bins in the bed.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
My 21 Limited has them and I have the under seat storage. Those hooks come in real handy.

TXRAMLaramie

Reaction score
Another data point- my 22 Laramie does not have the hooks. Doesn’t have reclining seats either. It does have the under seat storage piece that folds up/down.

So far I’ve found the under seat storage area pretty useful for keeping groceries from rolling around the rear floorboards.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I also would find them very useful. A pity they are missing on my '22 Limited so I hope someone here has the part number so I can order them and let the dealer fix them or I install them myself.

Jidster

Reaction score
My 22 Laramie G/T has reclining seats, the storage area expander, but no hooks. The manual says it has them, but they aren’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clv22p

Reaction score
Seems like it’s officially gone for the 2022 models. No one with a 2022 has had them.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The thing that really sucks about the deletion of content they're doing is that the "credit" they apply comes no where close to covering the true cost of those options to the buyer. For example, a guy in the Laramie Hoods thread said they deleted his sport hood, even though he ordered the Sport Appearance package, and they credited $295. $295 won't even come close to buying the sport hood later. On my truck, they deleted the under seat storage, and also deleted the power inverter and outlets. They credited $40. I can't even go to Harbor Freight and buy an inverter for $40, much less the wiring, etc. So it just really sucks that you pay all this money for a truck that should have certain features and you get robbed.

Clv22p

Reaction score
The thing that really sucks about the deletion of content they're doing is that the "credit" they apply comes no where close to covering the true cost of those options to the buyer. For example, a guy in the Laramie Hoods thread said they deleted his sport hood, even though he ordered the Sport Appearance package, and they credited $295. $295 won't even come close to buying the sport hood later. On my truck, they deleted the under seat storage, and also deleted the power inverter and outlets. They credited $40. I can't even go to Harbor Freight and buy an inverter for $40, much less the wiring, etc. So it just really sucks that you pay all this money for a truck that should have certain features and you get robbed.
LED headlight and foglight delete credit is $495. :unsure:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They credit the cost for that option when ordering. It doesn't cost as much for the factory to install the items as it would do buy and install yourself because you aren't getting the credit for the cost of the parts you remove. One of the few exceptions is the trailer brake controller. IIRC, it was like a $200 option, but you can buy it and install it for under $150.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They credit the cost for that option when ordering. It doesn't cost as much for the factory to install the items as it would do buy and install yourself because you aren't getting the credit for the cost of the parts you remove. One of the few exceptions is the trailer brake controller. IIRC, it was like a $200 option, but you can buy it and install it for under $150.

Yeah I understand how it works. My point was that it screws the buyer. The buyer can't buy a sport hood and have it painted for $295, or install all the inverter outlets for $40.

Users who are viewing this thread