5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grocery hook under rear seats missing

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did a search on this forum but didn't find any info about it. But I have a 2022 Limited and I noticed that I do not have the hooks under the folding back seat.
On this 2019 Big horn it is even there. See picture

W1G3OzM.png

Any idea why this is missing on the upper trim models? And any info or tips how to retrofit this or how to add something similar?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 21 Limited doesn't have them.
My 13 F150 did, and they sure were handy.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Grocery hook? That’s what my wife’s vehicle is for. No grocery getter here.😆

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
My 21 Limited does have two. One on each side.

so yours have and the one from @Scap doesn't...so it is just a random installation or is it an option in one of the packages?

Perhaps someone has the partnumber as I think this is an easy retrofit

HemiDude

Reaction score
My Big Horn had them, my Laramie doesn't. Not sure the rhyme or reason, maybe it's whether or not you have reclining seats?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 2019 picture you posted doesn't support this theory but is it possibly part of the underseat storage option now?

HemiDude

Reaction score
It must have been removed from the higher trims due to the chip shortage! :cool:

Any guess how long it'll be before simple items get eliminated in an effort to save money and the excuses that'll be given for them being gone?
Lol right! It's amazing that they have enough "chips" to keep supplying power window switches and visor lamps 😂

Clv22p

Reaction score
Maybe it’s another thing removed from the 2022 model. Anyone confirm having them with a 2022 model?

Dewey

Reaction score
I looked today. None on mine.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 22 limited doesn't have that and good thing too it would get in the way. I keep my under storage closed and I have a hard plastic first aid kit shoved under the seat, if that plastic was there it wouldn't fit.

I would assume people with the under storage kit doesn't get the hooks, and it comes standard on the limited.
Just like the video shows they don't have the under seat storage on the big horn.

I really don't know why you would even want it there is legit a million places to put stuff in these trucks it's bonkers. Putting the rear seats UP to hang bags?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
My 22 limited doesn't have that and good thing too it would get in the way. I keep my under storage closed and I have a hard plastic first aid kit shoved under the seat, if that plastic was there it wouldn't fit.

I would assume people with the under storage kit doesn't get the hooks, and it comes standard on the limited.
Just like the video shows they don't have the under seat storage on the big horn.

I really don't know why you would even want it there is legit a million places to put stuff in these trucks it's bonkers. Putting the rear seats UP to hang bags?

They're about 2" wide, stick out about 1/2", and they're mounted to the very back of the seat bottom. It's unlikely they would keep anything from fitting under your seat.

I have the under seat storage and I have the hooks.

The hooks work great, otherwise the grocery bags would just slide around on the floor.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember thinking my truck should have had these. I could see them coming in handy. I have the under seat storage.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
No reason why they don't have them other than a supplier shortage. Parts shortages on more than just chips have resulted in quite a bit of discontenting from many 21/22 vehicle builds from all sorts of manufacturers.

They are useful, with the seats up and the under seat storage/organizer thing setup or down, they do help in keeping bags from moving around.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
How do you guys keep the seat from falling over. My truck has them but when I have the seats up and I brake they go back down

Users who are viewing this thread