5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grocery hook under rear seats missing

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I understand how it works. My point was that it screws the buyer. The buyer can't buy a sport hood and have it painted for $295, or install all the inverter outlets for $40.
Supply chain issues suck. If you don't like the options on the truck, don't buy it. If you accept the truck missing option you want, then you can't really complain about he missing options, because it was good enough to purchase it.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Supply chain issues suck. If you don't like the options on the truck, don't buy it. If you accept the truck missing option you want, then you can't really complain about he missing options, because it was good enough to purchase it.
Exactly!! Precisely why I refused the first trick and reordered. In my case I couldn’t have added the options afterwards.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Exactly!! Precisely why I refused the first trick and reordered. In my case I couldn’t have added the options afterwards."

If only it worked that way. In reality what you're talking about doing is waiting another 2 to 3 months or maybe longer to get another truck and then it may have the same or other things deleted.

This isn't the blame of the consumer. Ram should handle it. If Company A can't supply widgets to you, contract with Company B.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"Exactly!! Precisely why I refused the first trick and reordered. In my case I couldn’t have added the options afterwards."

If only it worked that way. In reality what you're talking about doing is waiting another 2 to 3 months or maybe longer to get another truck and then it may have the same or other things deleted.

This isn't the blame of the consumer. Ram should handle it. If Company A can't supply widgets to you, contract with Company B.
Like I said if you are willing to accept the truck missing some of your desires options then complain that they are missing, how is it Rams fault? Yes, it would suck having to wait longer, but so you think the wait would be any different if Chrysler/Ram just waited until they could get the option you want added before even shipping it?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Like I said if you are willing to accept the truck missing some of your desires options then complain that they are missing, how is it Rams fault? Yes, it would suck having to wait longer, but so you think the wait would be any different if Chrysler/Ram just waited until they could get the option you want added before even shipping it?
it is not that you all know every possible option or configuration before you buy a truck. You think like: I am going to buy a Limited. I see some reviews on youtube about a 2020 and 2021 version, that it has this and that option, and then you get your 2022 car and you see things are lacking...

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It actually does work that way! And you are correct that you have to wait for another truck to be built and keep your fingers crossed.

In my case, due to all the supply issues, I waited 6 months for my first order, then 3 months for the second order. A pain in the butt, sure.....but I'm driving the exact truck I wanted!!

Given the current build turn around times, I would not hesitate to cancel and reorder to ensure I got what I wanted and paid for.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it is not that you all know every possible option or configuration before you buy a truck. You think like: I am going to buy a Limited. I see some reviews on youtube about a 2020 and 2021 version, that it has this and that option, and then you get your 2022 car and you see things are lacking...
Then you either didn't pay attention to the 2022 before purchase to see option you were anticipating being absent, or or just accepted them being missing because you could live without them. Either way, it's on the buyer for either accepting the truck missing option, or not making sure it had all the options they wanted.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
lol, watched youtube and gambled your money and acceptable a vehicle you didn't confirm had what you wanted?
Funny about things lacking, the 2022 was a partial redesign, they went from UC4 to UC5 which at least to me is a major thing.
When I ordered mine I didn't know they changed, but I tested the UC5 and it was good enough for me so I kept it. If I didn't like something I wouldn't of gotten the truck
Then you either didn't pay attention to the 2022 before purchase to see option you were anticipating being absent, or or just accepted them being missing because you could live without them. Either way, it's on the buyer for either accepting the truck missing option, or not making sure it had all the options they wanted.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^
I wanted to get a Laramie GT with the heads up display. It was on Youtube all over the place but it couldn't be ordered. So I had to choose GT package, or heads up display.
I went heads up display and then moved to a Limited as without the GT package there was no reason to stay a Laramie (and it was fully loaded anyways so nearly the same price).
None of this surprised me when I went to pickup my vehicle.

Scottygolf

Reaction score
Thanks for posting guys. I have a 2021 Limited and I had no idea, went and checked and I do have them. Very handy. Not sure they will get much use as I typically put them on my wife's lap and say here, hold this! Never an issue. Good info for a run to the Depot!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have these
very handy

Also a collapsible tote box for all the crap that doesn't fit under the driver side rear seat bin and I don't want in the bed crossover box. Pass side is taken up by the sub.

Found one that kinda sorta fits on the center hump (yea HD cab still has a hump) if I need to haul pax.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Grocery hook? That’s what my wife’s vehicle is for. No grocery getter here.😆
I thought they were for holding moonshine.

slivoman

Reaction score
Bringing an old post back alive, has anyone found the part number for these? I am sure its an easy add

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bringing an old post back alive, has anyone found the part number for these? I am sure its an easy add
I think it was determined the seats that have them have additional bracing where the hooks attach that aren't in the seats without them from factory

slivoman

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. That sucks as my new 23 is missing this feature and I loved it on my 19

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Miss it too on my 22.

I bought the hooks like shown below. But then it is always rubbing the seat leather back. When the hook is at the underside of the seat, it doesn't matter. But it is what it is...

Users who are viewing this thread