5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grille and headlight removal

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is another gotcha. There is a tab near the bolt clip on the fender bracket. It did not release and I snapped it. Well hopefully the crazy glue holds it lol. See pics below. You can see the corresponding hole on the fascia side. This is probably why it can be a struggle. 3622D356-5FCC-47E8-A7A8-77FB393F715D.jpeg CFA4B6C8-2B86-40EB-8719-C0A7A138ECFB.jpeg 72A7EAC7-DE51-4713-8D46-3F1DA4732E22.jpeg

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here are the details (driver side). Top pic is the bracket on the fender side. Bottom pic is the fascia.

FC3D1904-4DF4-4739-90E0-6037CEF530D9.jpeg B492C4EB-B14C-4EA8-849F-D492FA126BF4.jpeg

Last edited:

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still need to wrap up the drivers side. Letting the glue cure. All worth it in the end. Thanks @Kaydee
0D2788A8-FB08-476D-B5BF-10020D89A053.jpeg

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well glue didn't hold so I just used a body panel clip in the hole where the bolt was to hold the fascia to the fender. Works fine since the flare and wheel well liner also provide support.

Kaydee

Reaction score

I think I need to fly you to CA lol!

The fascia wiggles side to side but not out and away. I think my clips are engaged in the fender block.

Thanks for your advice. I keep pulling lol.

View attachment 4793
I was going to ask you how it went but see you got it out. Congrats.... Its hard to explain procedures sometimes.... Good for you

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to ask you how it went but see you got it out. Congrats.... Its hard to explain procedures sometimes.... Good for you

Thanks for your help and quick replies! That really meant a lot to know that is should come out without having to unbolt anything else. That tab on the corner of the bracket near the bolt is a doozy though. Damn FCA and their overengineering LOL.

Kaydee

Reaction score
Thanks for your help and quick replies! That really meant a lot to know that is should come out without having to unbolt anything else. That tab on the corner of the bracket near the bolt is a doozy though. **** FCA and their overengineering LOL.
funny, I thought you had said you had removed that bolt already.... I remember it and got it from the inside holding the fender liner out of the way... also I have a lift so easier to see I guess... too bad it broke but as you said wheel flares will hold it in place

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
funny, I thought you had said you had removed that bolt already.... I remember it and got it from the inside holding the fender liner out of the way... also I have a lift so easier to see I guess... too bad it broke but as you said wheel flares will hold it in place

Oh, yes I removed the bolt and it still didn't budge. It was the little tab next to the bolt that did not release easily.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How where you able to remove the locking tabs. I’m having a hell of a time with this

Takes some lifting and slight bending of the fascia where the tabs are. The fascia is plastic so it will flex. Hard to describe but I held on to the lower part of the fascia (only place wherenyou can really grab) and flexed up (towards the tab) and pulling away with some wiggling. Feels like it will break. Trick is to lift fascia clip over that small tab that sticks up.

Be careful too because I broke my driver side tab on the fender bracket. Wasn't a big deal because there is other support for that section.

Last edited:

Ram_this_av

Reaction score
I have these two pins though that I can’t get lose. Some kind of push pin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 45

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have these two pins though that I can’t get lose. Some kind of push pin
Ignore those. They hold the bracket that is attached to the fender. You don't want to mess with those otherwise you will have a large gap between the fender and fascia.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the driver side fascia. The red circle is the location that needs to get released first. Once you get this the others come out easily.

F489F88D-3C89-4D53-BF41-843F1C5CA137.jpeg

Ram_this_av

Reaction score
This is the driver side fascia. The red circle is the location that needs to get released first. Once you get this the others come out easily.

View attachment 5087
See I don’t have that tap! I have two of those damn pins and they are holding in the Davis because I can feel them move as I try to pull this is driving me nuts! I wouldn’t think they would do anything different with the 2019 rebel

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See I don’t have that tap! I have two of those **** pins and they are holding in the Davis because I can feel them move as I try to pull this is driving me nuts! I wouldn’t think they would do anything different with the 2019 rebel

Those attach the bracket on the fender. Don't mess with those.

d_wiley51

Reaction score
I recently had the black bumper installed. I attempted to use your instructions to remove the grill today and could not get the fascia off. It felt like I was going to break something by pulling so hard. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• A2FB54A4-60FA-4ECD-9F04-BE02867BB28A.jpeg
    A2FB54A4-60FA-4ECD-9F04-BE02867BB28A.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 44

Users who are viewing this thread