5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grille and headlight removal

Kaydee

Reaction score
Sorry I'm late to the party. Here's the info you requested in case someone else needs it. I also included the torque specs for when you're putting it back together.

The more reputable independent shops will have access to a subscription service where they can get to the service information for a variety of manufacturers. You can access Mopar products here:

Thank you so much for sending this this will help me in the future and putting it all back together again and if only I started a day later haha but I didn't so I had to toil through a lot of it. But this information will be priceless again thank you

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Kaydee

Thanks for this great thread!

How did you remove the fascia under the headlight?

I removed the flare and wheel well liner along with the bolt that connects the fascia to the fender. The clips on the fascia that insert in the fender won't come out. Ok looks like there are locking tabs in the bracket on the fender but I tried releasing them but the fascia still would not budge. Any tips? Thanks.

Kaydee

Reaction score
@Kaydee

Thanks for this great thread!

How did you remove the fascia under the headlight?

I removed the flare and wheel well liner along with the bolt that connects the fascia to the fender. The clips on the fascia that insert in the fender won't come out. Ok looks like there are locking tabs in the bracket on the fender but I tried releasing them but the fascia still would not budge. Any tips? Thanks.
That was difficult procedure for me also . The fascia slips in between the plastic block riveted onto the fender edge but it was seeming too hard to remove.you need to remove more tabs on the fender flairs and stick a soft wedge back closer to the cab between the fender and flare to hold them away to give you more room to wiggle them out. Slide out bottom first.dont bend back and forth on the facial as this will loosen the plastic block on the rivets and make the reinstalled facial joint not as tight. Firm with both hands force straight out on the bottom edge of facial then work up to top..this part does just tightly slide out 20180916_073759.jpg

Kaydee

Reaction score
That was difficult procedure for me also . The fascia slips in between the plastic block riveted onto the fender edge but it was seeming too hard to remove.you need to remove more tabs on the fender flairs and stick a soft wedge back closer to the cab between the fender and flare to hold them away to give you more room to wiggle them out. Slide out bottom first.dont bend back and forth on the facial as this will loosen the plastic block on the rivets and make the reinstalled facial joint not as tight. Firm with both hands force straight out on the bottom edge of facial then work up to top..this part does just tightly slide out View attachment 4786
Hope that helps a bit. This is view of the plastic block

Kaydee

Reaction score
No sorry you misread that the wedge just holds the fender flares away from the fenders to give you more room. The front fascia just has to be pulled out straight from that plastic block but no wedges there
I wish I had a picture of the flange on the fascia but it really is just a slip in joint in behind that plastic block. So just start forcing the lower part out of the slip joint first and once you get a little movement there hopefully you can work up and remove the whole piece

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No sorry you misread that the wedge just holds the fender flares away from the fenders to give you more room. The front fascia just has to be pulled out straight from that plastic block but no wedges there

Ah! I see a locking tab in that fender bracket. I think this is my problem

41A3D749-4380-4D20-9927-C3785F41F1B6.jpeg

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The fascia wiggles but does not want to break free lol. This seems to be my issue.

C956E0F6-DFA8-4C6A-BCCC-F300B628ECB8.jpeg

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I don't remember seeing that on my plastic block is there a way you can pull up on that tap or wedge it up if that is a release tab

Yeah i tried wedging it but the slip joint still doesn’t budge. I’m going to get a long screwdriver and see if I can push the the slip joint up with the wedge in between the fascia and fender to see if that releases it.

Can you confirm that’s the location of the slip joint on the fascia? I’m pretty sure it is but haven’t seen it haha!

Kaydee

Reaction score
All I know is when I put it back together all it does is slide in between that long plastic block and the flange on the metal fender and that's how I removed it. It's a tight fit probably because the paint wasn't fully cured and it bonds a little bit or sticks a bit when you're trying to release the fascia from the fender just tug as hard as you can straight out at the bottom of that fascia you wiggle as you're pulling. Just not hard enough to break anything

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I know is when I put it back together all it does is slide in between that long plastic block and the flange on the metal fender and that's how I removed it. It's a tight fit probably because the paint wasn't fully cured and it bonds a little bit or sticks a bit when you're trying to release the fascia from the fender just tug as hard as you can straight out at the bottom of that fascia you wiggle as you're pulling. Just not hard enough to break anything

I think I need to fly you to CA lol!

The fascia wiggles side to side but not out and away. I think my clips are engaged in the fender block.

Thanks for your advice. I keep pulling lol.

8CD1CF63-F1D2-44B6-A8B9-899F369E012E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread