5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grille and headlight removal

d_wiley51

Reaction score
Actually I'm painting it myself. I was never in the business but I have done a lot of custom motorcycles and extra painting work on our other cars.. I used to spray furniture and Cabinetry for years and at least know how to use a gun. Automotive paint is a lot trickier especially when you're doing a three coat like base Pearl and clear
Did you have any issues removing the fascia to get the grille off? I have a 2019 Limited and attempted to remove the grille today but could not get the two front fascia off

Attachments

• 4AE1CB24-6262-4EB9-9563-C52275A989BE.jpeg
    4AE1CB24-6262-4EB9-9563-C52275A989BE.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 25

d_wiley51

Reaction score
Here is another gotcha. There is a tab near the bolt clip on the fender bracket. It did not release and I snapped it. Well hopefully the crazy glue holds it lol. See pics below. You can see the corresponding hole on the fascia side. This is probably why it can be a struggle. View attachment 4808 View attachment 4809 View attachment 4810
I’m attempting to remove my front grille also. Is there something you could have done to prevent breaking the tab? I’m having the same problem and I feel like something is going to break if I pull any harder.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m attempting to remove my front grille also. Is there something you could have done to prevent breaking the tab? I’m having the same problem and I feel like something is going to break if I pull any harder.

The trick is to disengage the “nub” (bottom pic) that locks into the tab on the fascia (upper pic).

Maybe try some wiggling and pulling away at the same time. I pulled HARD to get it to release.
d1d0eb26cb7ef97281ccfc037aec212a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d_wiley51

Reaction score
The trick is to disengage the “nub” (bottom pic) that locks into the tab on the fascia (upper pic).

Maybe try some wiggling and pulling away at the same time. I pulled HARD to get it to release.
d1d0eb26cb7ef97281ccfc037aec212a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread