5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Granite crystal metallic thread

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^ yep we definitely need pictures I’m super curious do the front window switches get swapped around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rocsolid

Reaction score
Looks like you guys get a dead pedal as well.
Yes we do.

RAM need to bring them to Australia factory made. The company that does the conversion has only been doing them for 5years now and still can't do agood job. Lots of issues which is making a bad name for RAM here.

Rocsolid

Reaction score
That's a pretty good looking conversion, but why not just leave it as a left side drive? It would be much cheaper, right?
If you left it left hand drive, how to you go through drive through coffee, fast food etc. Plus if you think just get out of the truck, you can't when it's raining or you are in a rush.oh plus carpark station when paying is a big one.
That's a pretty good looking conversion, but why not just leave it as a left side drive? It would be much cheaper, right?

Clv22p

Reaction score
Anyone in the Nashville area have a GCM grill to trade for a black night edition? I’d like get a matching grill.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you left it left hand drive, how to you go through drive through coffee, fast food etc. Plus if you think just get out of the truck, you can't when it's raining or you are in a rush.oh plus carpark station when paying is a big one.
I didn't think about that, but I rarely go through drive thru's. When I was a kid, my buddy wanted to get food but I wasn't hungry. I backed into the Burger King drive thru, so he could order and pay for his own food. 😁

Clv22p

Reaction score
Is it actually legal to have a left hand drive vehicle there? I was thinking it was required to be swapped to RHD to be able to registered and driven on the roads.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it actually legal to have a left hand drive vehicle there? I was thinking it was required to be swapped to RHD to be able to registered and driven on the roads.
We can drive RHD vehicles here, I don't see why they couldn't have LHD there.

Abesosa

Reaction score
Anyone in the Nashville area have a GCM grill to trade for a black night edition? I’d like get a matching grill.

You have a night edition limited?

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clv22p

Reaction score
You have a night edition limited?

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s a Bighorn

Rocsolid

Reaction score

Yes we can have lefthand drive cars, but it has to be a certain age. More your classic old cars. All new cars need to be converted.

The guys that do the RAM have done a great job with the dash, but are **** with the steering, wiper blades and electric side of things.

RAM need to bring them factory made. We pay a huge price tag to gethem converted.

I went through an independent conversion shop and got a good conversion done. Plus I got a diesel motor and the importer for RAM Australia don't bring them in. Only hemi etorque.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does the steering go thru the a/c area? Opposite rack, brake booster?

Rocsolid

Reaction score
How does the steering go thru the a/c area? Opposite rack, brake booster?
I can only speak for mine.
So the AC unit is stripped and rebuilt and placed on the left-hand side.
Steering rack is made of billet and designed for right hand side, the main steering shaft is relocate to the righthand side.
Brake booster is swapped over to right hand side.
Wiper blades are swapped also to work opposite way to left-hand drive vehicles.
The whole dash is mirror to left-hand drive.
The side view mirrors have re adjusted for the angle for the righthand side driver to see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread