5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grab a 24 or wait for 25s. Differences.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like the Ram box in standard on the Limiteds now. They also come with 3.92s. Looks lime the Standard Output has the other rearend gearing while the High Output models come with 3.92 standard. I wonder what their reasoning behind that is. Any ideas?

I'd seen that earlier on limiteds, my only caveat to all those new std features is, is this an early incomplete draft of the truck lineup. I'm hoping so.
The only thing I can think of is that they used bigger (lazier) turbos on the HO and need the gear to help spool them up, I also noticed (IIRC) the the HO's towing capacity was less than the SO I so that thinking makes sense but that really shouldn't be the case. I really think it's a premium thing (ramboxes, 4x4 and 3.92) and you effectively build one truck with for tungsten/limited saving time on the assembly line and forcing customers into a more expensive truck.

Im hoping these guides are just early and incomplete and things change or are more clear closer to 2025 production

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Up until the day the announcement came out about the new rams having updated engine I was fully committed to buying a 2024 limited with the elite package. I love the patriot blue and the indigo interior.
2025 info comes out and wouldn't ya know it they ax the patriot blue and only offer the indigo/sea salt interior in the Tungsten.
With what we know right now it appears the difference on the books between the 24 and 25 limited is the following.
Engine
Safety system improvements.
updated infotainment system (14" screen & guts)
Updated 10" passenger monitor
limited now come stock with rambox
Color heads up display

Knowing the standard problems that plague the hemi, Lifters and manifolds, and knowing the interior faults (possible leaks). I'm not sure it's not worth buying a 24 like i want. I mean sure the 25 with new more powerfull engine seems nice but I'm not sure i want to be that test mule ya know.

What does everyone think? This is my first new truck in almost 20 years.
I have the Patriot Blue with Elite Pkg - GET IT! You will love it for a long time and have the V8

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
I do like a lot of the changes on the 2025. I always hated how hard it was to get certain safety features on the Ram that other brands are putting in standard. The big thing I have seen, at least from what I have seen is that the rams have standard LED headlights and automatic high beams; In the past you had to get a mid level Laramie for those options. They now come with blind spot monitoring, lane keep assist, and adaptive cruise. Each of these were harder to get in the past (especially adaptive cruise). These are now standard and I really think that is a good thing. I know most people on here are not happy about the hemi going away and getting replace with the hurricane. I am actually kind of excited for this new engine and what it can do.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Ill be picking mine up on the 27th. If you beat me there, make sure they dont give you mine :)

barrak

Reaction score
I got two of those $1500TDMs both with a dealer heading. One in November and another one in December. After building a truck on the site, Id contacted both dealers with inquiries that put me in their system, so that must be the magic step.
Note that you can only use one of them per purchase transaction, and even though they have a 30 day expiration, an order locks it in.
That's how I received mine... with a specific dealer heading. I used the coupon code at a different dealer with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread