5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going back to this forum... See you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raygun9

Reaction score
Was wondering about that.
Yeah been over there before and 5th Gen info is very lacking.
Ramforumz fizzled out a long time ago. Ramforum is great, for a gen4 (like everyone said). I will say there is a guy on there with a handle of Burla who knows more about the 5.7 engines and oil than anyone you will ever meet IMO.

All that being said agree with everyone, for gen5s this is the place to be.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't there actually a Ramforumz.com ?DODGE RAM FORUM
May come as a surprise, but I'm actually banned from all the "Z" forums due to past history on ChargerforumZ. Not that I did anything on that forum specifically, but I was a moderator on the non-Z Chargerforums, and the people running the Z forums automatically banned anyone associated with the "competition". Granted I could just use a different email and username.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
May come as a surprise, but I'm actually banned from all the "Z" forums due to past history on ChargerforumZ. Not that I did anything on that forum specifically, but I was a moderator on the non-Z Chargerforums, and the people running the Z forums automatically banned anyone associated with the "competition". Granted I could just use a different email and username.
Yeah I know nothing about that particular forum. When it was mentioned here by someone previously I remembered there was an actual forum lol

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't realize why this thread existed until now. I poked in the other thread a bit and I thought it was pretty funny. Some people started fights but a solid 80% seemed good.
Oh well it's gone and I didnt get to finish going through the million pages of political memes.

I auctally thought it was pretty cool the mods were letting that thread stay... All good things come to an end.

I guess the other political thread needs to be locked now too? Or what was the official reason it got shut down?

I also find it odd OP has been banned (maybe not because of this thread?) , and his first post edited. It's 2023 on the internet, if someone wants to post to another website I fail to see the problem, even if it's in a whiny way...

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't realize why this thread existed until now. I poked in the other thread a bit and I thought it was pretty funny. Some people started fights but a solid 80% seemed good.
Oh well it's gone and I didnt get to finish going through the million pages of political memes.

I auctally thought it was pretty cool the mods were letting that thread stay... All good things come to an end.

I guess the other political thread needs to be locked now too? Or what was the official reason it got shut down?

I also find it odd OP has been banned (maybe not because of this thread?) , and his first post edited. It's 2023 on the internet, if someone wants to post to another website I fail to see the problem, even if it's in a whiny way...
When some people were proven wrong or couldn’t make others conform to their opinion they would get offended and thing ls could go off the rails. Then some would just post random articles which meant nothing. It was fun while it lasted.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Not that it needs to be explained, but if you look at the OP's title, it (mostly) explains it. He asked to have his account deleted if anyone must know. He took his ball and went home. Us lowly mods can't delete accounts so it (maybe) gets swept up by the higher powers at some point. The edit was removal of a competing site's forum page. It's very uncool to announce your departure, let alone post a competitors page when you do so. I must say, I think we're pretty lenient here, particularly compared to most other truck (and non truck) forums 99% of the time, but unfortunately sometimes things get out of hand and we end up taking (and giving TBH) some abuse trying to moderate. We're all human and doing the best we can.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When some people were proven wrong or couldn’t make others conform to their opinion they would get offended and thing ls could go off the rails. Then some would just post random articles which meant nothing. It was fun while it lasted.
The thread was fine for the most part, even with the random arguments. But the thread started to get a little too extreme. When we have to regularly take down posts that could present legal problems for the site, then you know it's time to end the thread. One of the ways I look at it is like this: If a random member was being investigated by the FBI or Secret Service, and they came knocking at our door (5th Gen Rams), would we be able to defend ourselves for allowing the content we allow? Poking fun at politicians, fine. Whining about politics, fine. Stating that a certain politician should be hung, not fine. Not fine at all.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got this screenshot of my profile from the oldest car Forum I'm a member of :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 153372
Lol, that looks like something I would do. I used to like using the “shut up woman get on my horse” song’s horse as an avatar. There was one point where I hosted a website that looped the video endlessly. Here’s the vid (not my account):

Ram2134

Reaction score
Damn…. I know that Jan 6. thread started before I commented but boy I hope I didn’t add fuel to the fire. 🤣🤣🤣 That thread gave me a ton of laughs just off pure ignorance alone.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Damn…. I know that Jan 6. thread started before I commented but boy I hope I didn’t add fuel to the fire. 🤣🤣🤣 That thread gave me a ton of laughs just off pure ignorance alone.
In all fairness, someone with an opposing view might think the same thing about your view, so why project that they are ignorant when you may not truly know? That thread was for conversation, so you could have presented your views in a conversational manner.

Ram2134

Reaction score
In all fairness, someone with an opposing view might think the same thing about your view, so why project that they are ignorant when you may not truly know? That thread was for conversation, so you could have presented your views in a conversational manner.
Well…Based on the few post I read, the “opposing views” were not based on reality, or facts for that matter. So it doesn’t really affect me if someone opposes my views, I mean we do live in America right? They projected ignorance onto themselves sir. I actually was trying to gain some type of understanding, but as usual with conspiracy theorist, logic and common sense ALWAYS gets tossed out the window.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Well…Based on the few post I read, the “opposing views” were not based on reality, or facts for that matter. So it doesn’t really affect me if someone opposes my views, I mean we do live in America right? They projected ignorance onto themselves sir. I actually was trying to gain some type of understanding, but as usual with conspiracy theorist, logic and common sense ALWAYS gets tossed out the window.
Ahh yes, the "conspiracy" theory catch phrase lol

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Lol, that looks like something I would do. I used to like using the “shut up woman get on my horse” song’s horse as an avatar. There was one point where I hosted a website that looped the video endlessly. Here’s the vid (not my account):
Thanks..... That friggin song is now stuck in my head!! 🐴 🤣

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh yes, the "conspiracy" theory catch phrase lol
I've noticed you always take offense to that term. While it can be used in a derogatory way, it doesn't have to be taken as such. It accurately describes a theory that someone is hiding something. Sometimes there are actual conspiracies, sometimes not. If you're a conspiracy theorist, wear that hat.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got this screenshot of my profile from the oldest car Forum I'm a member of :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 153372
I can't even log into the oldest forum I am part of. Was a moderator there as well. Forgot my password, and the Yahoo email account I used to register hanr been used in years and forgot that password as well. Probably been 4 years since I've been there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread