5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glass or Plastic

Nibis

Reaction score
Anyone know if the part above and below the rear sliding glass window is glass or plastic?

Attachments

• 20200502_183244.jpg
    20200502_183244.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 47

Nibis

Reaction score
Shoot, I noticed a little over spray from the LineX

KRField

Reaction score
Shoot, I noticed a little over spray from the LineX

You can remove it with a razor blade, like the ones for window scrapers. Before using the blade round the corners off real good with sand papers. Then spray some glass good with a glass cleaner and run each side of the blade at an angle 20 times or so each side. This deburrs the edge. Then spray a liberal amount of spray detailer on the plastic and gently scape the LineX off with the blade at roughly a 30 degree angle of less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nibis

Reaction score
Its on the plastic part below the sliding window, there was a tiny amount on the glass, that was easy to remove. I'd be nervous trying to scrape it off plastic with a razor blade

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Its on the plastic part below the sliding window, there was a tiny amount on the glass, that was easy to remove. I'd be nervous trying to scrape it off plastic with a razor blade
I wouldn't. It's black on black... No one but you will know it's there.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The instructions KRField posted are spot on. I've used a razor blade on paint in the exact same manner to remove really stubborn contaminants that clay wouldn't get off. Just follow the instructions, be gentle, and you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread