5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad i bought my Ram last April

midntrdr

Reaction score
My wife’s Durango has the gas filler neck issue, super annoying. Not sure if it will work on the ram, but flip the handle upside down. Looks silly but works.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They may have been back then. But the original post mentioned no good deals right now, The employee pricing and cash bonuses equal over 18% on this limited I'm buying..

That's not a normal deal for that truck right now is the point. Again, the norm earlier this year was 24-25% off

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
They may have been back then. But the original post mentioned no good deals right now, The employee pricing and cash bonuses equal over 18% on this limited I'm buying..
Mine came in at 18.3% which I was very pleased with as well.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yea, it was this pump but not that pump. Was a nightmare, so glad that vehicle is gone!

Just got my 2021 1500 Big Horn Crew w/L2 Package about 4 weeks ago, sticker was about 53k and i got it for 50k. This is from a dealer I have used for almost 20 years and bought probably 15 vehicles from during that time. That was with all possible discounts, best they would do. That was grabbing it within 24 hours of it rolling off the delivery truck before someone else did. They told me they had other interested and it wasn't a sales pitch. My normal sales guy retired this year, i had to give this new guy the "Please pull up my account in your computer and look at my history with your company...Your holding this truck for ME!" So its a sellers market right now.
Wait...sticker was $53K and you got it for $50K and you're happy??? That's well over factory invoice where most folks get way below invoice. A $53K sticker should be had for about $48K or less.

Blahargoue

Reaction score
My wife’s Durango has the gas filler neck issue, super annoying. Not sure if it will work on the ram, but flip the handle upside down. Looks silly but works.
Nothing seems work on mine. Different angles, different pumps, different stations and so forth. Two things I find interesting. I had zero fillup issues for the first 5000 miles of ownership. Then suddenly it wouldn't take fuel.

The other interesting thing is that I live in a rural higher elevation County in CA. We are exempt from the normal stringent CA emissions regulations for vapor recovery systems on gas pumps. Nearly all stations in Calaveras County uses them except for one old station that still has two none vapor recovery nozzles. No issues filling up there. Full flow with pump set wide open. So there is no blockage to the tank.

But, the capless filler necks have a second flapper door below the outer flapper door. It looks to me like the second door is mounted about 3/8" too far below the primary door and vapor recovery nozzles just don't seem to extend far enough into the filler neck to fully open the second flapper door. The non vapor recovery nozzles are longer than the vapor recovery pumps and does open the second door.

I measured the depth difference with my Audi, my neighbor's Silverado and my sister's BMW. They are all 3/8" shallower. I'd be inclined to disable the second door but since the truck is new, I don't want to mess up any chance of a warranty repair. To me it is clearly a design flaw.

midntrdr

Reaction score
Nothing seems work on mine. Different angles, different pumps, different stations and so forth. Two things I find interesting. I had zero fillup issues for the first 5000 miles of ownership. Then suddenly it wouldn't take fuel.

The other interesting thing is that I live in a rural higher elevation County in CA. We are exempt from the normal stringent CA emissions regulations for vapor recovery systems on gas pumps. Nearly all stations in Calaveras County uses them except for one old station that still has two none vapor recovery nozzles. No issues filling up there. Full flow with pump set wide open. So there is no blockage to the tank.

But, the capless filler necks have a second flapper door below the outer flapper door. It looks to me like the second door is mounted about 3/8" too far below the primary door and vapor recovery nozzles just don't seem to extend far enough into the filler neck to fully open the second flapper door. The non vapor recovery nozzles are longer than the vapor recovery pumps and does open the second door.

I measured the depth difference with my Audi, my neighbor's Silverado and my sister's BMW. They are all 3/8" shallower. I'd be inclined to disable the second door but since the truck is new, I don't want to mess up any chance of a warranty repair. To me it is clearly a design flaw.
It’s not every pump, but when it happens this fixes it.

Attachments

• 8408B6C4-1B44-4690-B7B4-EDC8E9475C73.jpeg
    8408B6C4-1B44-4690-B7B4-EDC8E9475C73.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 27

Bigtone

Reaction score
That's not a normal deal for that truck right now is the point. Again, the norm earlier this year was 24-25% off
No disrespect, but yes, anyone can get that much off right now with employee pricing and the popup cash bonus everyone is talking about.

BigD

Reaction score
Yea, it was this pump but not that pump. Was a nightmare, so glad that vehicle is gone!

Just got my 2021 1500 Big Horn Crew w/L2 Package about 4 weeks ago, sticker was about 53k and i got it for 50k. This is from a dealer I have used for almost 20 years and bought probably 15 vehicles from during that time. That was with all possible discounts, best they would do. That was grabbing it within 24 hours of it rolling off the delivery truck before someone else did. They told me they had other interested and it wasn't a sales pitch. My normal sales guy retired this year, i had to give this new guy the "Please pull up my account in your computer and look at my history with your company...Your holding this truck for ME!" So its a sellers market right now.
Wow, that's crazy. We have almost the exact same truck but mines a 2020. Sticker on mine was $52,010. I paid $40,750 plus got a free roll up cover. Bought mine 4/18/20. I was gonna wait until this fall to buy. So glad I didn't.

BowDown

Reaction score
No disrespect, but yes, anyone can get that much off right now with employee pricing and the popup cash bonus everyone is talking about.

No you can't, go look at the MSRP thread.
Now, maybe this dealer is pricing this good hut how many trucks does he have?
Again, you hit a good deal and others have too but that's not the norm right now and 18% off isn't 24-25% off. While that dosen't sound like much, that's still a few thousand dollars.

BowDown

Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy. We have almost the exact same truck but mines a 2020. Sticker on mine was $52,010. I paid $40,750 plus got a free roll up cover. Bought mine 4/18/20. I was gonna wait until this fall to buy. So glad I didn't.

Exactly the point I'm making, my limited was 48k before ttl in March. From March till now, its been about 58k + ttl at best. A dealer called me and offered 54k otd in July or about 1500 more than March truck month prices and I took it.
Prices haven't been close to truck month since, every once in a while, someone gets a good deal but I haven't seen many 24-25% off MSRP since.

The only upside to me not buying during truck month is that intrest rates are better now. I paid a but more but the lower rate offsets the price increase

U

User_3336

Bigtone said:

No you can't, go look at the MSRP thread.
Now, maybe this dealer is pricing this good hut how many trucks does he have?
Again, you hit a good deal and others have too but that's not the norm right now and 18% off isn't 24-25% off. While that dosen't sound like much, that's still a few thousand dollars.

I agree BowDown, anyone boasting they got 24-25% off MSRP needs to be posting their bill of sale to prove it. Its simply not the norm.

Bigtone

Reaction score
Please don't confuse me with an earlier poster. I stated I'm getting about 18% off sticker, not 25%. I negotiated with 4 dealers in Eastern PA and southern NY, all 4 had the employee discount pricing. It is advertised all over on TV ads, and on their web sites. It's a legitimate discount of around 12-14% alone.

Wsmith

Reaction score
It must be hit and miss with the area you live in. I bought my 2020 in June. Periodically I check the local dealers websites just to make myself feel bad if I see a good deal. Around here I have seen no good deals. Even the fake internet pricing is higher than it was in June, by quite a bit.

BobK

Reaction score
I see those great deals offered on 2020's which no one near me had anything in stock. On the 2021's I havent seen any deals like that at all. And they had like a couple coming in here and there and they were selling them as fast as they were coming in, so they have no reason to discount them. Supply and Demand.

BigD

Reaction score
Just for fun I was checking out online what's available in Minnesota. For $40k all u can get is a quad cab Bighorn with a wimpy V-6 !! Even a Warlock quad 6 banger is $35k !!

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I got a killer deal on my Laramie with like $17k in options.
The employee pricing thing is a nice touch. Allowed me to get a lot more vehicle than I normally would have been able to justify price wise.
I had my concerns about late 20 and 21 vehicles due to potential issues with Covid manufacturing. I guess time will tell though

BigD

Reaction score
I got a killer deal on my Laramie with like $17k in options.
The employee pricing thing is a nice touch. Allowed me to get a lot more vehicle than I normally would have been able to justify price wise.
I had my concerns about late 20 and 21 vehicles due to potential issues with Covid manufacturing. I guess time will tell though
What's a killer deal ? How much ? What state u live in ?

Users who are viewing this thread