5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

69Safari

Reaction score
BUT, in the meantime Zeigler gets bashed for no good reason.

I actually wrote the GM and the sales manager of Mark Dodge about your post. I'm sure I'll never get an acknowledgement....

AARON, **TRANSPARENT**???????????????? He freaking lied to you, and got called out by another forum member. You wanna buy a truck from this dealer, go ahead!
I bought my maxed out 2021 Limited Longhorn from Aaron at Mark Dodge and ended up with 21% off MSRP. He mentioned the LDS warranty but did not push it hard.
BUT, in the meantime Zeigler gets bashed for no good reason.

I actually wrote the GM and the sales manager of Mark Dodge about your post. I'm sure I'll never get an acknowledgement....

AARON, **TRANSPARENT**???????????????? He freaking lied to you, and got called out by another forum member. You wanna buy a truck from this dealer, go ahead!
I bought my maxed out 2021 Limited Longhorn from Aaron at Mark Dodge and ended up with 21% off MSRP. Sale was eazy peezy over the internet. Aaron is a straight shooter. He mentioned the LDS warranty but did not push it hard.

Nikdfish

Reaction score
Just purchased an 8/85K max care from Ziegler, via the website, for my 2020 Laramie Longhorn (w/10350 miles). With PAYINFULL code it was $1330 w/$200 deductable.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just purchased an 8/85K max care from Ziegler, via the website, for my 2020 Laramie Longhorn (w/10350 miles). With PAYINFULL code it was $1330 w/$200 deductable.
Sounds like a deal! :) (Zeigler)

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Well done. Ziegler rocks. Got my 8/85/200 for almost the same price ($1375) except I was around 24,000 miles. it was quoted at $1475 I believe, so I called to see if they would lower it.. they did. Always worth a phone call.

SirManny4

Reaction score
Well done. Ziegler rocks. Got my 8/85/200 for almost the same price ($1375) except I was around 24,000 miles. it was quoted at $1475 I believe, so I called to see if they would lower it.. they did. Always worth a phone call.
I must be doing something wrong. Cause mines are higher than that. I may have to call.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong. Cause mines are higher than that. I may have to call.
To be fair I got it right before the truck hit 24000. So maybe that’s why the price was a bit lower. There are price increases every 12k miles at 12000, 24000 and 36000. So I made sure I bought it before the price bumped up at 24k.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
To be fair I got it right before the truck hit 24000. So maybe that’s why the price was a bit lower. There are price increases every 12k miles at 12000, 24000 and 36000. So I made sure I bought it before the price bumped up at 24k.
Which attempt was that? :)

SirManny4

Reaction score
Yeah I called and that was explained so it makes sense. I just have heartburn because I purchased my lifetime unlimited miles max care for my Durango for less than what they want for 8yrs/85k miles and it had 29k miles on it when I purchased it as a CPO. But I got it now.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I got my Mopar Maximum Care from Granger, a 7yr/60K with $100 deduct for $970 out the door.

I work from home, so mileage isn't a big deal to me, but years are. I choose 7 years (from delivery date) because that's right around when I suspect I will be looking at the next gen full-size trucks as a replacement, about 4 more years from now.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
I got my Mopar Maximum Care from Granger, a 7yr/60K with $100 deduct for $970 out the door.

I work from home, so mileage isn't a big deal to me, but years are. I choose 7 years (from delivery date) because that's right around when I suspect I will be looking at the next gen full-size trucks as a replacement, about 4 more years from now.
Yeah, he's about $50 cheaper. Personally, I like the online configurator, like Zeigler has, where I can do it myself, and pay online, without calling and emailing someone. I had the contract within an hour of paying.

Last edited:

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Crazy that you are getting that price as mines is asking for almost $3200
What specific configuration are you attempting to get a quote on? Are you using the promo code "PAYINFULL" on the Zeigler site?
Year, Model, State, current Miles, Plan wanted/miles/time requested, deductible?

SD Rebel

Reaction score
FINAL FEE??

$970 out the door, it was $920 before fees, which is the dealership fee. Still cheaper than anywhere else I compared to.

The process was also easy and smooth, I did like the more personal communication just to make sure I was getting what I wanted.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
$970 out the door, it was $920 before fees, which is the dealership fee. Still cheaper than anywhere else I compared to.

The process was also easy and smooth, I did like the more personal communication just to make sure I was getting what I wanted.
dealership fee for WHAT?

SD Rebel

Reaction score
dealership fee for WHAT?
For selling the service, they have to make money on these services. Dealerships like Zeigler and Granger are selling Mopar Maximum Care at heavy discount compared to Mopar itself and most local dealerships.

The profit ratio is quite high, Granger is only charging $50 above costs to sell you MaxCare, whereas Zeigler is charging $100.

I don't think there is any other dealership selling Mopar extended warranties for less money than Granger.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
For selling the service, they have to make money on these services. Dealerships like Zeigler and Granger are selling Mopar Maximum Care at heavy discount compared to Mopar itself and most local dealerships.

The profit ratio is quite high, Granger is only charging $50 above costs to sell you MaxCare, whereas Zeigler is charging $100.

I don't think there is any other dealership selling Mopar extended warranties for less money than Granger.
I've dealt with Zeigler for 8+ years now, between the FORD and MOPAR side. $50 or even $100 over cost is not a "high profit ratio" at all.

Users who are viewing this thread