5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas tank size

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
They leave a 6 gallon reserve. My 26 gallon takes 20 when the light comes on

Someone here knows the answer, it's a specific combination that determines the 23 gallon. Some say its eTorque, others say no. It will say on the window sticker if you still have it
It’s not eTorque. My build has the 26 gallon tank.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Just have 2 15gal gas tanks and ur set to go..

Attachments

• 2376FC05-A89D-44AF-8178-37A3A339D2CE.jpeg
    2376FC05-A89D-44AF-8178-37A3A339D2CE.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 40

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fuel tank size depends on trim level and cab/bed configuration. Etorque has nothing to do with fuel tank size. Maybe at one time it did, but if it ever did it doesn't now. Configure one for yourself if you don't believe me.
From another thread: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...orque-hemi-23-gallons-or-26.19911/post-274233 which says in part:
“Edit- even on the '19 Build & Price website (which has admittedly never been 100% accurate) the Hemi ET lists a 26 gallon tank as included.

Edit 2- I now see that the 26 gallon tank only appears to be standard w/ Hemi ET on quad cabs. Crew cabs they are optional or nonexistent depending on trim.”

1611707637229.jpeg

It does look like ET is at least 26 gallons, for 2020 anyways..

OtterRam

Reaction score
My 2019 V6 BigHorn Crew had a 26 gallon tank, my 2020 Laramie Hemi Crew with ET has a 23 gallon tank.

Whenever I went to ram truck webpage to build a truck, the 26 gallon showed as a free upgrade. Either it was different for the dealerships actually ordering (I just can’t imagine anyone would order a 23 gallon tank with a free 26 gallon option) or ram trucks website for building trucks was just having errors 100% of the time.

Either way - my 23 gallon tank is annoying but I would hate to go through the hassle of trading in a truck for a new truck just to make less stops at the gas station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
From another thread: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...orque-hemi-23-gallons-or-26.19911/post-274233 which says in part:
“Edit- even on the '19 Build & Price website (which has admittedly never been 100% accurate) the Hemi ET lists a 26 gallon tank as included.

Edit 2- I now see that the 26 gallon tank only appears to be standard w/ Hemi ET on quad cabs. Crew cabs they are optional or nonexistent depending on trim.”

It does look like ET is at least 26 gallons, for 2020 anyways..
Same for 2021

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
23, 26 or 33 gallon. Check window sticker.
Window sticker doesn't always give the tank size. Mine says nothing about tank size. The build sheet is the definitive source, other than crawling under the truck to look for a sticker.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@Royalist_Ram, window stickers will NEVER show the fuel tank size unless it is an option on the vehicle. You have to check the build sheet...your dealer will give it to you if you ask for it.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Royalist_Ram, window stickers will NEVER show the fuel tank size unless it is an option on the vehicle. You have to check the build sheet...your dealer will give it to you if you ask for it.
"...window stickers will NEVER show the fuel tank size unless it is an option on the vehicle."

Plain and simple truth!

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045561 miles.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Window sticker doesn't always give the tank size. Mine says nothing about tank size. The build sheet is the definitive source, other than crawling under the truck to look for a sticker.
"...window stickers will NEVER show the fuel tank size unless it is an option on the vehicle."

Plain and simple truth!

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045561 miles.
If you have a 33 Gallon Tank, it will always say that on the window sticker. So if it doesn't say that, you already eliminated 1 out of the 3 options. That's means it's either a 23 or 26. Limited 5.7's only have the 26 Gallon.

"26 gallon tank is standard in the configuration while the 33 gallon is optional.

The 23 Gallon is standard on HFE, V6 quad cabs and Hemi eTorque 4x4 Crew Cab Short beds on Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel, and Laramie models.

The 33 Gallon is optional across the board with the exception of HFE and upcoming Reg cab short box trucks." - Jared B.

2019 Feature Guide-4.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you have a 33 Gallon Tank, it will always say that on the window sticker. So if it doesn't say that, you already eliminated 1 out of the 3 options. That's means it's either a 23 or 26. Limited 5.7's only have the 26 Gallon.

"26 gallon tank is standard in the configuration while the 33 gallon is optional.

The 23 Gallon is standard on HFE, V6 quad cabs and Hemi eTorque 4x4 Crew Cab Short beds on Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel, and Laramie models.

The 33 Gallon is optional across the board with the exception of HFE and upcoming Reg cab short box trucks." - Jared B.

THAT IS WHAT I SAID! If it is an OPTION...it WILL be on the sticker. Not an option, you will not be told on the sticker if you have a 23 or a 26.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
THAT IS WHAT I SAID! If it is an OPTION...it WILL be on the sticker. Not an option, you will not be told on the sticker if you have a 23 or a 26.
First off you don't have to type in all caps, i read what you said. Secondly, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but not everything that is on the sticker is an option. Most of the time if you include more options on a build, the items on the standard features list will be shorter, to include room for the options. Some of the time it will include the fuel tank size in the standard feature list, go look at a window sticker on one vehicle and then another, the standard features are not always the same even if they are both 2020 Laramie V8 Crew Cab 4x4s for example. My point is, fuel tank size may be notated on the window sticker even if its not an "option".

Edited

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
First off you don't have to type in all caps, i read what you said. Secondly, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but not everything that is on the sticker is an option. Most of the time if you include more options on a build, the items on the standard features list will be shorter, to include room for the options. Some of the time it will include the fuel tank size in the standard feature list, go look at a window sticker on one vehicle and then another, the standard features are not always the same even if they are both 2020 Laramie V8 Crew Cab 4x4s for example. My point is, fuel tank size may be notated on the window sticker even if its not an "option".

Edited
No...I do. I get it and fully understand all that you said. We are talking about a fuel tank here...not other types of "standard equipment". As stated, you should never see a fuel tank size unless it is an option.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No...I do. I get it and fully understand all that you said. We are talking about a fuel tank here...not other types of "standard equipment". As stated, you should never see a fuel tank size unless it is an option.
OP can review the PDF Image and link provided, all the info is there; or just look underneath the truck.

Grouper

Reaction score
I have the 33 gallon tank. I just refueled with 38 miles of range showing on the cluster. At approximately 15 mpg, that would be roughly 2.5 gallons remaining.

Twenty eight gallons filled the tank. So there's definitely some kind of buffer in there.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the 33 gallon tank. I just refueled with 38 miles of range showing on the cluster. At approximately 15 mpg, that would be roughly 2.5 gallons remaining.

Twenty eight gallons filled the tank. So there's definitely some kind of buffer in there.
Someone stated the buffer is 6 gallons.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If six gallons is what it is, I don't mind it (Although I've put 30-31 gallons in mine on a few occasions). My '71 Chevy C15 had an accidental early low fuel warning system. Because the gas tank was behind the driver's seat, when you could hear the float banging into the bottom of the tank on turns, you knew you had about 10 miles left!

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045573 miles.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Heres a local new truck link. When you get to the web page it says you can get the window sticker. On this diesel it shows the optional 33 gallon tank, as others have been saying.
(I don’t own or work for Kville but hey if they want to flip a Benjamin my way for posting their ad, fine with me!)

I checked some more base level BH models and no, there’s nothing listed on the Mulroney (window sticker) about gas tank size at all, thus it’s whatever is standard. Strange that they don’t tell you though, I mean they tell you it has a “capless fuel fill”, why not the tank size? 🤔

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just checked my build sheet from FCA and says I have the 26 gallon tank...and then a little further down it says 5 additional gallons of gas. What is that and where is it hiding??

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just checked my build sheet from FCA and says I have the 26 gallon tank...and then a little further down it says 5 additional gallons of gas. What is that and where is it hiding??
The 5 gallons is what it comes with from the factory

Users who are viewing this thread