5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Tank Size - Is it Accurate?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having issues looking it up. Says 'contact administrator'.

It would be cool to be able to get even another 30 miles out of a tank. Would make my trips to the cabin and hunting grounds without a fuel stop. I'm always so close to home when that "Low" comes on. And it's usually 23 gallons to fill it. I just assumed..
If it’s 23 gallons to fill it, and your truck was running when you pulled in, then you know it’s a 26!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm having issues looking it up. Says 'contact administrator'.

It would be cool to be able to get even another 30 miles out of a tank. Would make my trips to the cabin and hunting grounds without a fuel stop. I'm always so close to home when that "Low" comes on. And it's usually 23 gallons to fill it. I just assumed..

Are you entering it with all caps and no spaces?

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
Yes I am. I have the window sticker but it doesn't appear to list capacities.

Here is my VIN 1C6SRFMT4KN917932

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
You don’t have eTorque.

So you have the 26 gallon tank
Yes, I do not have eTorque. Thanks for the clarification of tank size.

I will test actual DTE in the next month or so when I head to the cabin. I'll bring a 5gal can in the bed just in case.

bikesnbeer79

Reaction score
You don’t have eTorque.

So you have the 26 gallon tank
Are you saying that all NON-Etorque trucks have 26 gallon tanks? I'm looking at the window sticker right now of my '21 big horn NON-etorque, and it shows having a 33 gallon tank.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying that all NON-Etorque trucks have 26 gallon tanks? I'm looking at the window sticker right now of my '21 big horn NON-etorque, and it shows having a 33 gallon tank.
No, he's saying that 26 gallons is the standard tank size if you don't have eTorque. You can upgrade to 33 gallons, eTorque or not.

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
23 is eTorque
26 is non-eTorque
33 is optional

I just learned that.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I am. I have the window sticker but it doesn't appear to list capacities.

Here is my VIN 1C6SRFMT4KN917932

Just checked and my 21 will come up but a previous ram I had isn't currently. May be a server issue or something like that on their end.

Users who are viewing this thread