5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garage door buttons

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For mine 5year old system I dont press it on the head unit. I press the learn button on wall. It has never worked for me by pressing the learn button on the head unit.
All I have is a garage opener button on the wall and the remote the leasing office gave me.

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
I have an old garage door opener on my side of the garage. My wifes is only 2 years old. I had a hard time with my side. I was trying to use a newer garage door opener remote that I use to open my side, and it would never program to the homelink button. Finally I tried to use an old remote I had laying around and it programmed right away. For me, it was the newer remote that seemed to be the issue.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Curious, what is your mpg average? I have a 2019 Laramie 4x4 with no e-torque. I also thought start/stop was available without e-torque?
Look and click on my sig for MPG. Just need to point out that mine is very atypical, as I have an extremely short commute which kills my MPG on all the vehicles I’ve had.

Cheers,

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
\

Hit the learn button on the wall and it should sync. Do you have a homelink controller ?
Only thing on the wall is one garage open button. That’s all. No learn button. Only learn button is on the garage opener on top of the ceiling. This is an apartment garage.

th3duke

Reaction score
Only thing on the wall is one garage open button. That’s all. No learn button. Only learn button is on the garage opener on top of the ceiling. This is an apartment garage.

Not sure how else you can program it without hitting the learn button on the garage opener.

RenoRam

Reaction score
Just got around to programming Homelink and it worked just like the video shows. Took 2 minutes.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So apparently I got it to work. Instead of holding the fob button down, I kept pressing it over and over. Then the homelink found it.

Neokane

Reaction score
I was able to program my homelink by just pressing the remote and the home link button on the visor.
The issue is, it takes 3-5 presses of the button to close the garage door. Has anyone else had this issue?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My thoughts and a bullet proof way I've done this with all my vehicles:

1. press and hold buttons 1 and 3 together until the light starts to flash (could be 10-20 seconds and this will clear the HL memory)
2. learn the remote button into HL as instructed until the led starts to flash
3. Put the garage door opener into LEARN mode
4. Within 30-seconds, go into the truck and press the HL button you programmed earlier for 3-seconds...release and press again for 3-seconds...release and press one last time (the door should now be moving up and down when using the HL button)
5. Never had an issue if you follow these simple steps

Neokane

Reaction score
My thoughts and a bullet proof way I've done this with all my vehicles:

1. press and hold buttons 1 and 3 together until the light starts to flash (could be 10-20 seconds and this will clear the HL memory)
2. learn the remote button into HL as instructed until the led starts to flash
3. Put the garage door opener into LEARN mode
4. Within 30-seconds, go into the truck and press the HL button you programmed earlier for 3-seconds...release and press again for 3-seconds...release and press one last time (the door should now be moving up and down when using the HL button)
5. Never had an issue if you follow these simple steps

I will give this a go and see how it turns out!

Users who are viewing this thread