5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Memes or Pictures or Political, Rants, etc.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That would at least be cheaper than sidewinders. Still burn about a ton of jet fuel and it would just make the balloon leaky. It would eventually come down somewhere, and sooner, but not much control over exactly where.
Well, they are burning jet fuel anyway. As far as guns making it "leaky".... An F-16 has a M61A1 20mm Gatlin cannon that rips out somewhere around 6k rounds a minute. I think it would do more than poke holes.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, they are burning jet fuel anyway. As far as guns making it "leaky".... An F-16 has a M61A1 20mm Gatlin cannon that rips out somewhere around 6k rounds a minute. I think it would do more than poke holes.
They were practicing for when our fighters go to Ukraine

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking why not shoot the balloon with the whatever guns are on the aircraft. That would puncture the balloon and it would strimmer down and keep it mostly in tack.
That was tried once before on another balloon, the fighter emptied its magazine and never brought it down.

6of36

Reaction score
Two train derailments in 4 days? Hmmmmm

View attachment 151665

Edit: I couldn’t put my finger on where I’ve heard the following things in a close timeframe: Gov’t, train toxic spill, ufos. That is a plot in the movie Close encounters of the third kind. Is that happening in real life right now?
Another train derailment today in Michigan. Yet Lieden think we should all be riding trains instead of driving.

Dewey

Reaction score
$439,000 Sidewinder missile to take down a $12 balloon.

Sounds like a great use of taxpayer funds…….

Here are the “Domestic Terrorists”😆

B8C8D519-1141-4E62-8951-066735AF4330.jpeg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The sound of those unloading in the foothills of AFG will haunt me forever. It made me feel deeply unsettled every time it unloaded on a target. I can’t imagine how the enemy felt.
In the summer of 1988, I was along on a joint maneuver (US Army / USAF) in West Germany. We popped a smoke grenade in a field and out of nowhere two A-10’s rose over a hill and completely unloaded on us (practice rounds). It was absolutely terrifying and exhilarating. On that day, I also got to ride in one of the very first HMMWV’s released to the military for general service. It was a good day for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/