5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Memes or Pictures or Political, Rants, etc.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Instead we’re shooting them with $400,000+ Sidewinder missiles. Guessing somebody in the Defense Department has stock in the company that produces them.

First shot at the one over Lake Huron was a miss so they had to take a second shot. Expensive mission for something the size of a small car.
😲

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Instead we’re shooting them with $400,000+ Sidewinder missiles. Guessing somebody in the Defense Department has stock in the company that produces them.
What happened to Yankee ingenuity? :oops: Can't someone fit a couple solar panels and electric fans on a blimp? Remote control with like a cellphone and raspberry pi so we don't have to send living beings to high altitude? Dangle a few big treble hooks on nylon rope to snag things and just drag them to the ground? Sounds to me like something that could be done for maybe half the cost of a single missile. How do we not have drone craft capable of doing this? Am I the only one having these thoughts? 💁‍♂️

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What happened to Yankee ingenuity? :oops: Can't someone fit a couple solar panels and electric fans on a blimp? Remote control with like a cellphone and raspberry pi so we don't have to send living beings to high altitude? Dangle a few big treble hooks on nylon rope to snag things and just drag them to the ground? Sounds to me like something that could be done for maybe half the cost of a single missile. How do we not have drone craft capable of doing this? Am I the only one having these thoughts? 💁‍♂️
I was thinking why not shoot the balloon with the whatever guns are on the aircraft. That would puncture the balloon and it would strimmer down and keep it mostly in tack.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking why not shoot the balloon with the whatever guns are on the aircraft. That would puncture the balloon and it would strimmer down and keep it mostly in tack.
That would at least be cheaper than sidewinders. Still burn about a ton of jet fuel and it would just make the balloon leaky. It would eventually come down somewhere, and sooner, but not much control over exactly where.

Users who are viewing this thread