5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Android Auto Coming Soon?

s8er01z

Reaction score
At least they're really quick to fixing them.
Only for you Ram guys and a few other select vehicles it seems. They stopped giving the Durango people updates the same year they gave us Uconnect 5 (2021).

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only for you Ram guys and a few other select vehicles it seems. They stopped giving the Durango people updates the same year they gave us Uconnect 5 (2021).
Sorry, my comment was sarcasm. I didn't think I needed to tag it as such.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s my bad, I’m so bitter over this Uconnect nonsense that I don’t always take a deep breath before assuming and posting.
Yeah, that's why I went with an aftermarket Android screen. Still has a few quirks, but full screen Android Auto.

g00fy

Reaction score
So I saw in a recent coming soon propaganda video from ram, one of the 2025 trucks is getting a newer available 14" display. I'd assume that thing will have full screen Android auto, if not it'll be tremendously embarrassing for ram and uconnect.

The question is will that just be a new display running a new version of UC5 on the existing module with an adjusted resolution output. Or will they debut a new uconnect 6 on a new module and force us to upgrade if we want full screen AA.

If it's using an existing UC5 module with tweaked resolution output, I suspect we'll eventually see that update trickle down, if not, we're probably SOL.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I saw in a recent coming soon propaganda video from ram, one of the 2025 trucks is getting a newer available 14" display. I'd assume that thing will have full screen Android auto, if not it'll be tremendously embarrassing for ram and uconnect.

The question is will that just be a new display running a version a new version of UC5 on the existing module with an adjusted resolution output. Or will they debut a new uconnect 6 on a new module and force us to upgrade if we want full screen AA.

If it's using an existing UC5 module with tweaked resolution output, I suspect we'll eventually see that update trickle down, if not, we're probably SOL.
With the amount of minimum effort Ram is putting in I would guess it doesn't have fullsreen AA anyways.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How lame, even Subaru, who has sucked with tech, is rolling out an update that looks like full screen AA for my FILs 2020 Outback
It's ultra clear Ram is not adding this.
If you really want it then just buy one of those 3
$30-40 carplay adaptors and connect with wireless AA to it.
Or are you just renewing the fact Ram doesn't update functionality to their vehicles post launch? Your 2019 has UC4, not even my 22 with UC5 has it and as far as I know they have no reason to add anything to UC4 so your chances are even worse than mine.

23RAM

Reaction score
How lame, even Subaru, who has sucked with tech, is rolling out an update that looks like full screen AA for my FILs 2020 Outback
That's not full screen - it's about half screen like RAM except the map is more in the center with info above and audio, paging, and climate controls below. That's essentially the home screen for my setup.

smashweights

Reaction score
It's ultra clear Ram is not adding this.
If you really want it then just buy one of those 3
$30-40 carplay adaptors and connect with wireless AA to it.
Or are you just renewing the fact Ram doesn't update functionality to their vehicles post launch? Your 2019 has UC4, not even my 22 with UC5 has it and as far as I know they have no reason to add anything to UC4 so your chances are even worse than mine.

Does a wireless dongle make AA full screen?

That's not full screen - it's about half screen like RAM except the map is more in the center with info above and audio, paging, and climate controls below. That's essentially the home screen for my setup.
Oh no, you haven't seen the way it looked before. Much worse than that and the bottom half is even less useful than the UConnect bottom half options. See attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213-235151.png
    Screenshot_20231213-235151.png
    681.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

23RAM

Reaction score
Oh no, you haven't seen the way it looked before. Much worse than that and the bottom half is even less useful than the UConnect bottom half options. See attached
I'm sorry I didn't see how good or bad it was before. But that does not negate the fact that the image posted shows an AA screen that is not remotely close to full. I would like to see AA & CP full screen on all platforms, even though I don't use them, but please don't toss garbage and expect us to eat it up. It might be an improvement, I'm not sure, but no it's not fullscreen.

If you want to goad others, go chat with @Darksteel165 ....he/she/it has lots to say on something...sometimes it's funny...
🙄

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
full screen would be amazing BUT when the split screen setup (Coolwalk as they call it) of Android remains 1 bigger part at the left and 1 smaller part at the right, it is still worthless.
It would be nice if you could have e.g Waze on the top part and another app on the bottom part and not side2side.

Users who are viewing this thread