5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Android Auto Coming Soon?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Same as @Jimmy07, I had to change the year to 2023 to get all of my surround view icons back, specifically the left/right mirror cameras as I don't have trailer surround view turned on. In my case, the radio lost its apps / menus until I did a factory reset of the radio but other than that the update was pretty painless.

The bad news on the AA front, it still only takes up half the screen so no improvements there.
it is in the GUI that it is not made for full screen AA, only full screen CP
I hope a newer version then 26.17 will be released soon.

g00fy

Reaction score
That actually turned out to be a false alarm. After sitting for a day, everything started working correctly, although AlfaOBD does need to be used to change the BCM model year to 2023 only for the trailer surround view option.

Same as @Jimmy07, I had to change the year to 2023 to get all of my surround view icons back, specifically the left/right mirror cameras as I don't have trailer surround view turned on. In my case, the radio lost its apps / menus until I did a factory reset of the radio but other than that the update was pretty painless.

The bad news on the AA front, it still only takes up half the screen so no improvements there.

Good to know though that if full screen AA comes to the 2023 firmware and not the 2022, it can be loaded into a 2022 Uconnect without much hassle.

smgorham

Reaction score
I have a 2023 and when my daughter tried AA it was the silly widget screen on the bottom.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I have a 2023 and when my daughter tried AA it was the silly widget screen on the bottom.
yes, but we talk about having Waze or another app displayed full screen, like with Apple CarPlay.

Good to know though that if full screen AA comes to the 2023 firmware and not the 2022, it can be loaded into a 2022 Uconnect without much hassle.

let's hope so the firmware version of the 2023 will also work on the 2022.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Any updates for 2022 models? I had a uconnect update forced on Saturday but still can't use full screen AA.

irishwake63

Reaction score

Pretty huge news for those of us who were surprised by the lack of screen real estate being used by Android Auto.

It would appear the ball is now in UConnect's hands to bring this to our head units!
I would be happy if just the regular 8.4 stays working I have an appt tomorrow to diagnose the u5 on its 3 replacement getting old biggest piece of garbage out there

g00fy

Reaction score
I heard the 2023 T25.48 firmware is getting pushed out to the 2022's OTA. I know that won't enable Full screen AA since I've been running it for a few months, but I'm really wondering what the road map is for the UC5. Is the UC5 going to be around for a while and be properly supported, or is it already being neglected in favor of a UC6 that hasn't been announced yet but might debut in the 2025's?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
when will the 2025's be released?
Also I've heard from version 26.15 or 26.17 and this version is a 25?

Rammmer

Reaction score
I had a UC software update this week on my 22, no full screen. How long is this going to take?

Rammmer

Reaction score
Is it really that hard for Ram to do this? What could it take, one programmer spending a few days to get it working?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it really that hard for Ram to do this? What could it take, one programmer spending a few days to get it working?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Not even that. They would just need to update Android Auto on the head unit. Google has already released full screen Android Auto. Too bad someone hasn't figured out how to jailbreak it.

jcop111

Reaction score
Mac424,

There are no full screen with the Android phones just yet. We will take this feedback to discuss with our partners for future strategic implementation.

William
Ram Cares
So what's the deal this thread I'm reading has been since 2019 this issues its currently July 29 2023 and nothing
You looked into this for a good 10 months and nothing ?? What's the update

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So what's the deal this thread I'm reading has been since 2019 this issues its currently July 29 2023 and nothing
You looked into this for a good 10 months and nothing ?? What's the update
It's not an issue.
It's working as designed and will not be changed until a newer version of the software is created, ie UC6.

Users who are viewing this thread