5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Android Auto Coming Soon?

All I want is a way to force wired or wireless android auto. I lived rurally so around the property I have WiFi and repeaters. So I like having the WiFi on as I don't get cell service up here, maybe 1 bar occasionally in some spots.

This is the first vehicle I've had with wireless AA and I'm pretty surprised I can't chose to enable or disable it, or a connection preference. If I remove my phone from it's docked connection it's a fiasco because for some reason it just constantly wants to reconnect to AA even if I force it to not reconnect. Same with my viofi dashcam. It just disconnects and goes back to AA.

But I've also noticed the AA is a cluster of displays even on the 8.4". With about an inch on both top and bottom being static stuff like my seat heater indicators that I specifically bought the 8.4" to have the physical HVAC controls of and avoid screen interactions with. So useless space...

Just kinda is what it is I guess.
That's a setting in your phone. You have it set not to automatically connect to AA. Turn off that toggle. On my phone, whether it's plugged in or not, AA won't launch unless I choose to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back