5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Android Auto Coming Soon?

thekeithlane

Reaction score
Esp since it did not work when the truck was purchased, so mad about features that were never an option in the purchase... Can I get mad my 1500 doesn't do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds? it must be Ram's fault right?

I don’t know - I feel like its fair to complain. And I don’t think your 0-60 comparison works. While it has a beautiful large screen, Ram has about the worst native software in vehicles Ive been in.

There are so many well engineered parts to this truck and so much I love - then this full screen was rushed out.

I completely missed it on purchasing the truck because I couldn’t imagine it not there. Is he a little extreme? Sure. Uconnect 4 blows though.

Also a side note - thanks for your help in the thread in regard to batteries.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know - I feel like its fair to complain. And I don’t think your 0-60 comparison works. While it has a beautiful large screen, Ram has about the worst native software in vehicles Ive been in.

There are so many well engineered parts to this truck and so much I love - then this full screen was rushed out.

I completely missed it on purchasing the truck because I couldn’t imagine it not there. Is he a little extreme? Sure. Uconnect 4 blows though.

Also a side note - thanks for your help in the thread in regard to batteries.
I haven't had any issues with my UC4 12.1" display. I'm not expecting features to work that it wasn't programmed for though.

And most people like the Uconnect experience over GM OnStar and Ford Sync

Goodboy

Reaction score
I've been an Android user from the first android phone... But I honestly haven't been happy with android for a while now... And after seeing a iPhone paired to my truck and carplay filling up my whole screen I'm thinking it's time for a change.

Going to miss that back button though 🤣🤣🤣

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've been an Android user from the first android phone... But I honestly haven't been happy with android for a while now... And after seeing a iPhone paired to my truck and carplay filling up my whole screen I'm thinking it's time for a change.

I'd rather switch car brands.

n8zcc

Reaction score

I don't have any complaints with Android. I had both at the same time before I retired. My work phone was Apple. They both do the same thing but just a little different. I wouldn't switch simply because of what is displayed on the 12", sometimes you want something because you can't have it but when you get it, no big deal.

I would like the ability to control how much of the screen is used for navigation. Right now, I have it set up where the top half is navigation and the bottom half is media. I certainly don't need to have half the screen for media but a 2/3rds for navigation and 1/3rd for media would work.

My other issue with going to Apple is the number of apps I've purchased, I don't want to give them up nor do I want to repurchase them. I'm staying with Android.

Goodboy

Reaction score
Well my first day with Apple and I like it.

Don't get me wrong I didn't go with Apple because of my truck but being on Android sence it's beginning it was time for a change.

Having full screen apps in my truck is awesome! I've only tried apple maps so far and I actually like how it works and looks. Spotify is a game changer full screen and siri works great so far.

So sad that android and uconnect couldn't figure out how to do full screen but iOS isn't as bad as I thought

PMantle

Reaction score

No back button is a deal breaker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread