5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Length Racing Stripes

Sherran

Reaction score
Has anyone put full length racing stripes (bumper to bumper) on their 5th gen Ram 1500?

I am getting mine done on Saturday and will post pictures. The guy that is doing them is charging $425 - I've never done anything like this before so I'd like to think it's a good deal. I am getting them added down the hood and front bumper (not grille), roof, and tail.
Below I have posted some inspirational pictures that I showed him so he knows what I want. I've asked him to not add pinstripes on either side of the two racing/rally stripes as I don't prefer that look.
20200724_204904.jpg 20200724_204955.jpg

I will also quote 2 people who have also given some inspiration.

DarkKn1ght

Reaction score
I am getting mine done on Saturday and will post pictures. The guy that is doing them is charging $425 - I've never done anything like this before so I'd like to think it's a good deal. I am getting them added down the hood and front bumper (not grille), roof, and tail.
Below I have posted some inspirational pictures that I showed him so he knows what I want. I've asked him to not add pinstripes on either side of the two racing/rally stripes as I don't prefer that look.
View attachment 66710 View attachment 66711

I will also quote 2 people who have also given some inspiration.

I'm excited to see how your truck turns out. Are you going with the 2 plain stripes or will you have thin pin stripes on the outside of the thicker stripes?

Sherran

Reaction score
I chose not to do the pin stripes yet until I do more modifications to it. I will take pictures later tonight when its not 110 degrees outside. I really like it! I also went with two stripes on the side above the front wheels

Sherran

Reaction score
Here you go!

I did not want a large gap between the stripes so we just aligned it with the edge of the RAM logo on the grille. They are 1.5 inches apart.

I added stripes today. I've never had anything done like this before so I was unsure of the color I should go with. I really like the color in the shade, but in the sun - I don't know yet, only time will tell!
There are stripes on the roof but even standing on the other truck I couldn't get a decent picture
There should be stripes under the license plate frame, but we had a really hard time getting it off. I think there are some damaged screws. When it's not 500 degrees outside we will be putting the stripes down there too.
Also, the hood deflector looks weird on it now so I'm kind of sad about that :(
View attachment 66941 View attachment 66942 View attachment 66943 View attachment 66944 View attachment 66945 View attachment 66946 View attachment 66947 View attachment 66948

Users who are viewing this thread