5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Rebel -12 Offset, Duratrac 33's 275/70/R18

U

User_21361

Just got new wheels installed. I haven't seen a lot of posts on these so I wanted to get something out here.

Fuel Rebel wheels 18x9 -12 offset in Anthracite
Stock Duratrac wheels - 275/70/R18

The wheels pushed the tire out by 1.25 inches. It has a much more aggressive stance. I also love the color contrast from the all black stock wheels. The big unknown was how would they work with weather tech mud flaps. The good news for me is that they clear by about 1/2 inch at full lock. The bad news is that I definitely will rub with 35's. the PNW has constant rain, so ditching the mud flaps (especially on a black truck) was not ideal. I'll stick with the 33's for now and maybe upgrade if I go with a full lift instead of a level.

1588973007448.png

EbAvery

Reaction score
Awesome looking truck, looking to do exact same thing with fuel Shoks. So you just have a leveling kit?
I have a completely stock suspension and concerned if it will rub

U

User_21361

Yeah just the level. No rub, but very close

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

EbAvery

Reaction score
It’s close on the mudflaps, not the body I’m assuming? How did you level it, not very experienced lift/level kits.

Jhall

Reaction score
Just got new wheels installed. I haven't seen a lot of posts on these so I wanted to get something out here.

The wheels pushed the tire out by 1.25 inches. It has a much more aggressive stance. I also love the color contrast from the all black stock wheels. The big unknown was how would they work with weather tech mud flaps. The good news for me is that they clear by about 1/2 inch at full lock. The bad news is that I definitely will rub with 35's. the PNW has constant rain, so ditching the mud flaps (especially on a black truck) was not ideal. I'll stick with the 33's for now and maybe upgrade if I go with a full lift instead of a level.

View attachment 55416
Awesome setup. I just ordered the Rebel in a 20x9 with a +1 offset and 33x12.5. I’m told it should fit without rubbing. If not I guess I will be leveling the front lol!

U

User_21361

It’s close on the mudflaps, not the body I’m assuming? How did you level it, not very experienced lift/level kits.
Correct, close to mud flaps. I have Bilstein 5100s on the front. Removing the mud flaps would probably get me and extra 1/4-1/2"

EbAvery

Reaction score
Awesome just order fuel shoks. Also went ahead and order bilsteins 5100, really loving the look of the leveled rebel. Did you just have the stock springs switch over to the 5100?

U

User_21361

Awesome just order fuel shoks. Also went ahead and order bilsteins 5100, really loving the look of the leveled rebel. Did you just have the stock springs switch over to the 5100?
Yes. The install was pretty fast and cheap at a local garage

Bigalh79

Reaction score

View attachment 55416
Did your wheels come with hub centric rings? I ordered a set of 18x9 -12 fuel wheels and I wasn't sure if it came with them or do you have to order them? The wheels look good!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally on my Level 8's the hubs are like 108mm. I didn't get rings as the wheels are lug-centering, so as long as you put the wheels on well you're set.

sirbojangles

Reaction score
Awesome setup. I just ordered the Rebel in a 20x9 with a +1 offset and 33x12.5. I’m told it should fit without rubbing. If not I guess I will be leveling the front lol!
It will fit I'm running the exact same set up 20x9 with a +1 offset and 33x12.50 and It does not rub at all.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Did your wheels come with hub centric rings? I ordered a set of 18x9 -12 fuel wheels and I wasn't sure if it came with them or do you have to order them? The wheels look good!
When I got my wheels they cane with some plastic gun centric spacers. I quickly went online and got aluminum ones made to same specs as spacer needed that was plastic.

Bigalh79

Reaction score
When I got my wheels they cane with some plastic gun centric spacers. I quickly went online and got aluminum ones made to same specs as spacer needed that was plastic.
Do you have a link to the ones you bought,I ordered my wheels but haven't got them yet.

Jhall

Reaction score
It will fit I'm running the exact same set up 20x9 with a +1 offset and 33x12.50 and It does not rub at all.
I’m wondering if I will need to have the speedometer reprogrammed going to this size of tire. I know it’s not much different in size but keep thinking it wouldn’t hurt to pick up the RC programmer.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the ones you bought,I ordered my wheels but haven't got them yet.
Us wheel adapters. They will ask for inner and outer dimensions. Made of aluminum. Came in about 10 days too.

Bigalh79

Reaction score

View attachment 55416
How did they balance your wheels? I got my fuel wheels 18x9 -12 and they said that they couldn't balance them correctly because of the brake caliper was to close.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
How did they balance your wheels? I got my fuel wheels 18x9 -12 and they said that they couldn't balance them correctly because of the brake caliper was to close.
Why would that matter if the tire is off the truck? They remove tires from truck to balance the wheels.

U

User_21361

The weights are mounted inside the wheel near the outer side wall, if that makes sense. They don't come close to the brakes. It took me about 5 min to even find the so they are very well hidden.

7cc6de162b07728c1c1ca425409f8c0c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread