5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frustrated by warranty restrictions due to limited Mopar options.

Astubbs9

Reaction score
I recently bought a warranty on my 2021 ram, bighorn from the dealer and am frustrated by the fact that Mopar doesn’t offer a 2” leveling kit that will remain covered under my 100,000 wrap warranty.

Does anybody know of options? I know Mopar has the 2” lift kit but that maintains the factory rake (which I don’t want), not to mention it’s $1,300 for just the parts vs. $75 for a Motofab spacer set for the front only.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The only concern you should have is if something happens to your suspension after lifting which would be doubtful if done correctly with reputable parts. The remainder of your purchased warranty would still cover everything else.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Warranty coverage can only be denied if it is reasonably proven that what you did, or the part you used, caused the failure or damage in question. Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. 1975.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Warranty coverage can only be denied if it is reasonably proven that what you did, or the part you used, caused the failure or damage in question. Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. 1975.
This right here. And a dealer tech saying "Well you installed this lift kit so your warranty is voided" is not reasonable proof. They have to legitimately PROVE that it caused the issue.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
This right here. And a dealer tech saying "Well you installed this lift kit so your warranty is voided" is not reasonable proof. They have to legitimately PROVE that it caused the issue.
All of this is exactly correct. However, the dealer could DRAG this out and deny a claim regardless and force you to hire an attorney to prove your case. At that point, it's just not worth it. The MM Act is great...but it will not prevent dealers and manufacturers from screwing with you and most, if not all of us, don't have the time or resources to fight city hall ;)

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All of this is exactly correct. However, the dealer could DRAG this out and deny a claim regardless and force you to hire an attorney to prove your case. At that point, it's just not worth it. The MM Act is great...but it will not prevent dealers and manufacturers from screwing with you and most, if not all of us, don't have the time or resources to fight city hall ;)
yes...it's true, no law will prevent someone from breaking a law if they want to...

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With how advanced these vehicles are becoming, you're going to have to fight them for most things. I can't even replace my headlight bulbs FFS. $1200 because a light goes out is what pushed me to spend $1600 for an 8 year warranty.

Astubbs9

Reaction score
I appreciate all the input and feedback. I see so many new trucks lifted and feel like it’s a normal thing. Hopefully there would never be an issue to deal with. It’s the biggest purchase outside of our home so I guess it just makes me nervous! But I’m sure I will be getting the RC 3.5” lift in the near future as a result of this thread. Thanks again!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fine print in the service contract also explicitly states that “Oversized tires” will void coverage too

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The OEM 32 inch tires are huge lol, anything bigger than that will cause major damage :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread