5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Window Tint % Preference

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I ended up tinting my Limited with 5% on the fronts, 15% on the rear and back windows. With a 5% visor strip on the front windshield. As an added bonus, I also got the panoramic sunroof at 5%!

My installer here in Mississauga, Ontario said he was extremely nervous about doing the front windshield. He said the electronics cost $1700 alone (CAD) and that doesn't include the labour to replace. He said it's best to go with a visor strip and avoid the trouble of getting the 95% on the windshield. I ended up agreeing with that. If the installer doesn't feel confident, I have no confidence either.

With that being said and having it on for 5 days, the 5% is extremely dark during the nights when driving on unlit/country roads. A simple solution would be to roll down the windows but if you live in a cold/snowy region, that won't be realistic.

I would suggest 15% to be on the safe side in terms of visibility and prevent being pulled over for tint. I drive cautiously and respectfully on the road so typically officers don't have a reason to pull me over.

Of course, local laws differ. 35% is considered acceptable under the Highway Traffic Act in Ontario and we do not have yearly "state/provincial" inspections.

Country road driving is why I kept it at 20%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy92

Reaction score
Hey guys first post
I just got my bighorn windows tinted yesterday in LLumar ceramic %15 all the way around and ceramic %80 clear on the windshield. I got to say the windshield makes a huge difference on the a/c issue and overall comfort in the cab. It was $540 out the door and 3 hrs. I branch up the issue with the liquid behind dash and they used a soak shield to block moisture from going past windshield so that was a fix for that.
Will post pix shortly!!

Shaggy92

Reaction score

Brenden A

Reaction score
I did 35% all the way around and considering doing a clear 95% on the front windshield.
View attachment 34633
I did 50% Llumar CTX Nano Ceramic on the front windshield. This is my first vehicle with the windshield being done. I was nervous about going too dark. The installer had 35% on his car windshield and it looked good but like i said, I was concerned mainly with night driving. I absolutely love the 50%. The heat reduction beat my expectations. I have no issues while driving at night. The installer also told me that for the price he would not recommend anything less than 50%. Hopefully this gives you some insight to the topic.

jkratze1

Reaction score
I had Suntek CIR30 ceramic since last year on the front driver and passenger windows. I just had it removed and had Suntek CIR20 ceramic applied in its place. I like the 20% better since it matches the rear perfectly.

cir20_20190905_132500 (3).jpg

Last edited:

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had 3M Crystalline 70 (legal % in SC) done on the windshield and 3M Color Stable 20 (had to pay cash for the illegals) on the 2 fronts and it matches the rears quite well. The Crystalline on the front makes a big difference in blocking the hot Carolina sun and has a lifetime warranty. Very pleased.

JRD

Reaction score
I just had 3M Crystalline 70 (legal % in SC) done on the windshield and 3M Color Stable 20 (had to pay cash for the illegals) on the 2 fronts and it matches the rears quite well. The Crystalline on the front makes a big difference in blocking the hot Carolina sun and has a lifetime warranty. Very pleased.
What part of SC are you in? I live in the Upstate and I’m about to get my windows done but wasn’t sure if you had any recommendations. Some of the people are here look like a blind person did their window tint

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What part of SC are you in? I live in the Upstate and I’m about to get my windows done but wasn’t sure if you had any recommendations. Some of the people are here look like a blind person did their window tint
I’m around the Florence area so not too close I would think. I would look for a authorized 3M installer in your area. I know what you mean about the blind person thing and a lot of people would rather save a few bucks and get a crap job done.

flynfish

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a tint themselves? If so, how did it turn out?

Reaper_6A

Reaction score
35% on front driver and passenger and 5% on all the other windows.

Attachments

• EAE75FFB-E013-424F-B12F-2CF37E0E33CC.jpeg
    EAE75FFB-E013-424F-B12F-2CF37E0E33CC.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 226

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
35% on the front windows here and all the cars I have ever owned. I live in CA so this is the darkest I am comfortable with as to not get pulled over for tinted fronts. I think it is dark enough to not see through at night and not see through clearly during day. Very easy to see out of at night also which is nice. I've been happy with it.

JRD

Reaction score
For those of you with ceramic tint, did you notice much of a difference? Wondering if it’s worth the price difference, $250 vs $600

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For those of you with ceramic tint, did you notice much of a difference? Wondering if it’s worth the price difference, $250 vs $600

Wow that's a big price jump. I had all 4 doors and back window done for $285(Canadian) in ceramic and its worth the price.

JRD

Reaction score
Wow that's a big price jump. I had all 4 doors and back window done for $285(Canadian) in ceramic and its worth the price.
Yeah I never expected the price to be more than double, I could understand like 250 vs 400 to where it’s slightly more but it’s over double the price. Many of the places I called didn’t even offer the ceramic, Idk what’s going on down here lol

U

User_18177

Yeah, I've yet to have it done but I was quoted for Llumar ($295 + tax) and Llumar IRX ($395 + tax). Maybe you're adding the windshield? These quotes don't include windshield or pano.

JRD

Reaction score
Yeah, I've yet to have it done but I was quoted for Llumar ($295 + tax) and Llumar IRX ($395 + tax). Maybe you're adding the windshield? These quotes don't include windshield or pano.
Both quote include windshield no pano. I’m going to call some more places and see if they’re willing to order ceramic for me as it gets pretty hot here in the southeast

How dark are you going on the pano? Some tint would be nice but I’d like to enjoy the view as well even though I don’t use it often

U

User_18177

Both quote include windshield no pano. I’m going to call some more places and see if they’re willing to order ceramic for me as it gets pretty hot here in the southeast

How dark are you going on the pano? Some tint would be nice but I’d like to enjoy the view as well even though I don’t use it often
No pano here. I'll probably be undecided until the day I go to get it done but was thinking about matching up the front sides with the rear sides (factory 20%) and then go a little darker on the rear window.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
No pano here. I'll probably be undecided until the day I go to get it done but was thinking about matching up the front sides with the rear sides (factory 20%) and then go a little darker on the rear window.

I did 20% all around in ceramic and it’s still not dark enough in the back. I have a baby and she still gets blasted by sunlight. The truck stays cooler but I had to get window shades. 20% is chill during the day. You can see out perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/