5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Sway Bar End Links, possible solution

Jedi9

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with suspensionmax. The 6" length is correct for stock, 2- 2 1/2", and 3-3 1/2" lifts. the distance really doesn't increase but the angle of the lca increases so each link has different angles for the lca. this is for the 2021 with the 21mm nut on top. The increased angle will eat up the stock links

Ready Go

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with suspensionmax. The 6" length is correct for stock, 2- 2 1/2", and 3-3 1/2" lifts. the distance really doesn't increase but the angle of the lca increases so each link has different angles for the lca. this is for the 2021 with the 21mm nut on top. The increased angle will eat up the stock links
Excellent info..THANKS!

I guess since the sway bar design isn't for parallel per se, the angle isn't as critical for sway bar effectiveness, just durability🤔

I've been waiting to purchase the Maxx front endlinks until I decide if going 2" or 2.5" but sounds like 0-3.5" are all the same length, so I can go ahead and buy and install now while I wait to do the lift.

Jedi9

Reaction score
I got right at 3" of lift with the bilsteins but fear they may settle some, They recommended the 3-3.5.

yax4

Reaction score
I've got a '24 Big Horn with 35s and the Eibach Stage 2 kit (about 2 5/8" front lift settled). Got a bit of an inconsistent dribble at varying speeds, so I'll try rebalancing the new set of Falken AT4Ws. It seems with the array of weights on them the dealer was "chasing" the balance a bit.

I'm also getting a set of the SuspensionMAXX 3-3.5 w/ 21mm as I can already tell the OEM's are sitting at a bad angle and will not last long. Fingers crossed this combo smooths everything out.

yax4

Reaction score
Well, got the end links installed. Pretty simple, other than the hard to reach top mount locking nut on the back of the sway. Read the (brief) instructions carefully, washer placement, torque spec, and alignment are crucial.

After rebalancing 3 tires earlier this week, which according the Road Force read outs were all over the place, the truck rides much smoother. Went and put 50ish miles going through the ropes with the links installed. To my surprise, those SupsensionMAXX links actually make a noticeable difference in both turning and chattery roads in terms of the dribble and stiffness I was experiencing. Overall, the front is noticeably more planted.

I will note, with a 2 5/8"-ish lift, the 3-3.5" link angle seems just a little bit steep where it meets the sway bar and the gap isn't perfectly flush (truck was still on the jack though and other side not tightened down). Not a huge gap or "out of spec" by an means. Regardless, I don't think the 2-2.5" would've been a better option in this case. Side note- I did not replace the bushings on the sway bar itself. Truck has less than 6.5k miles.

I'll check again on the angle once its settled in and reevaluate. But, I think I'll go ahead and use that as an excuse to adjust the Eibach Coilovers upward a couple turns more to about 3".

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed the same with the SuspensionMaxx links after doing the 2" level. The end links did not just push into the sway bar. I noticed a good amount of torque needed to align the links to the bar and the bushings do get squished.

Be sure to check the alignment of the end links as there is an angle to the mounting that when tightening the lower nut, twists them and misaligns the bushings. I found a sweet spot that provided what looks like less strain on the bushings, so I made sure to maintain that when tightening the lower nut.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed the same with the SuspensionMaxx links after doing the 2" level. The end links did not just push into the sway bar. I noticed a good amount of torque needed to align the links to the bar and the bushings do get squished.

Be sure to check the alignment of the end links as there is an angle to the mounting that when tightening the lower nut, twists them and misaligns the bushings. I found a sweet spot that provided what looks like less strain on the bushings, so I made sure to maintain that when tightening the lower nut.
I think they redesigned the angled nuts on the end links so you don’t have to do that anymore. At least I saw that somewhere, but am drawing a blank where I heard it.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I think they redesigned the angled nuts on the end links so you don’t have to do that anymore. At least I saw that somewhere, but am drawing a blank where I heard it.
Mine have the angle as part of the link itself. The top and bottom only have a washer and nut as loose parts not connected to the link itself when installing

Users who are viewing this thread