5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Sway Bar End Links, possible solution

James066

Reaction score
Thanks! The dealer actually said the bar itself needs to be replaced. The assembly I purchased came as an entire kit so it'll be interesting to see how the current bar actually looks.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bar needs replaced? Hard upsell. Energy bushings are split to install over the bar. Might be time to second guess (opinion) your dealer.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bar needs replaced? Hard upsell. Energy bushings are split to install over the bar. Might be time to second guess (opinion) your dealer.
Up until last summer I never thought the sway bar itself would need replacing either. But my dealer replaced it along with bushings a few months back.

Clunking noise has returned in less than 6 months, sway bar bushings need to be replaced again.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! The dealer actually said the bar itself needs to be replaced. The assembly I purchased came as an entire kit so it'll be interesting to see how the current bar actually looks.
The newer trucks all have spit bushings in the sway bar, so you can replace just the bushings. And if you are replacing bushings, it's would be good to just go ahead and use polyurethane bushings that will last longer and offer better handling.

James066

Reaction score
Yes I did purchase some Moog bushings. What type of grease should be applied to those or does it come with it?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I did purchase some Moog bushings. What type of grease should be applied to those or does it come with it?
I doubt the moogs are polyurethane. Silicone grease if you have it. Otherwise regular grease you'd have in a grease gun will work. If they are poly bushings, us only silicone grease

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No split bushings on my 2022, just picked up a set of bushings from the dealer and they are solid aswell. Makes installation a pain, but I can’t stand the low speed clunking. This makes it the third set of bushings on this truck.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No split bushings on my 2022, just picked up a set of bushings from the dealer and they are solid aswell. Makes installation a pain, but I can’t stand the low speed clunking. This makes it the third set of bushings on this truck.
Cut off the junk factory ones and replace with the ones that @Redz72 and @HSKR R/T posted. They come with a split in them for easy installation.... enjoy a clunk free truck again.

Jedi9

Reaction score
so IFS is new to me, On a solid axle with spring lift you need longer links to keep the sway bar horizontal. Just lifted my truck using Bilsteins and netted 3" but it looks like the links are too long as the sway bar is not tracking horizontal, it's higher at the link. Do I need shorter links for a lifted vehicle?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so IFS is new to me, On a solid axle with spring lift you need longer links to keep the sway bar horizontal. Just lifted my truck using Bilsteins and netted 3" but it looks like the links are too long as the sway bar is not tracking horizontal, it's higher at the link. Do I need shorter links for a lifted vehicle?
You will need longer links for a lift/level. A few of the forum members are running these .....

Jedi9

Reaction score
Thanks, I see those are 7.5" long top of lca to center of sway bar

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Jedi9

Reaction score
My stock links are 6 or 6 1/2" measured from top of LCA to center of top end, can't exactly remember. But my sway bar is angled up with my 3" lift. To get the sway bar horizontal I would need 2" shorter links. I've always gone with the theory that the sway bar should be pretty close to horizontal. Is something different about this 2021 Ram that the sway bar should not be level? Suspensionmax website is confusing. their stock length links are 6". Their 2-2 1/2" lift with 21mm nut and their 3-3 1/2" lift are 6". Their 2-2 1/2" lift 19 mm nut is 7 1/2" I think there are typos there.

Jedi9

Reaction score
It does appear the longer links are for 2019+ and the 6" links are for 2021+, which is what mine is

Ready Go

Reaction score
It appears that the DT Ram front sway bars DON'T follow conventional wisdom of the sway bar ends being as close to parallel to the ground as possible (the rear ones are though).

As near as I can figure, Ram designed the front sway bar with the CENTER area (between the sway bar frame mounts) being perpendicular to the ground (90° from parallel).

The front sway bar ends seem to be approximately 30-45° UPWARDS from parallel to the ground..WTF compared to conventional wisdom. 🤷‍♂️🤔🤯

Users who are viewing this thread