5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front End Low Speed Noise

BJG

Reaction score
Hey Friends,

I have a strange sound that I can primarily hear at low speed. This is when going straight or turning. My truck is a 2020, less than a year old and pretty low miles due to being home a lot obviously.

I recorded this video. Any ideas before I let the dealership start tinkering? (The noise is best heard towards the end of this clip)

Thank You,
Brian

Klicht87

Reaction score
I hear the clunking if that's what you are referring to. Definitely sounds like something is loose, Since you're under warranty let them deal with it. If anything, I would just get underneath and start pushing on things, like the shocks or exhaust.

Reactions: BJG

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey Friends,

I have a strange sound that I can primarily hear at low speed. This is when going straight or turning. My truck is a 2020, less than a year old and pretty low miles due to being home a lot obviously.

I recorded this video. Any ideas before I let the dealership start tinkering? (The noise is best heard towards the end of this clip)

Thank You,
Brian
have you made any changes to your truck?

list everything.

Trailrunner77

Reaction score
Check your front sway bar end links particularly where they attach to your a-arm, you’ll have to put a wrench on it to see if the nut is tight, I had mine loosen up on my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie and it made an annoying clunking sound too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJG

Reaction score
have you made any changes to your truck?

list everything.
Mopar 2" lift, dealer installed.

Mud tires. For sure the knobs might contribute to vibration at low speed.

High clearance front bumper.

Steel running boards / sliders.

Mopar skid plates from rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread