5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front bumper alignment

Schatzy

Reaction score
My truck also had the bumper issue. Was actually touching the trim on the driver's side and a 1/2 inch gap on the passenger. Body shop adjusted it before I took delivery so it was close but not perfect. Would require further work under warranty. I climbed under the truck and saw the adjustment bolts were at their limit in the adjustment slots. Body shop did what they could. I decided to remove the bolts and use a Dremel and small grinding wheel to elongate the slots on both sides. This gave me another 1/8 inch which now makes it almost perfect - maybe an 1/8 inch difference side to side. I saw the pins they were talking about. Looks like they didn't build in enough adjustment at the factory and obviously don't have good quality control - easy to see from the front of the truck when it is out of adjustment. Every time I go to the dealership I check trucks on the lot - not one was perfect but some were close enough you probably wouldn't notice unless looking for it. Seems to be a very common problem.

Once it gets warmer I will maybe try the grille adjustment to try and make it perfect. That or would have to remove the bumper and elongate the pin and pin bolt holes to allow it move just that little bit more.

Ya I could take it to the dealership but will they get it perfect - probably not. Besides I'm old school and like working on my vehicles

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is still an issue on my 2022 Big Horn w/chrome bumper. I would have thought it would have been addressed over the last two years. I noticed it just recently and did a search and found this thread. Has anyone else withs 2022 noticed this? It's on my list of issues for the dealer when I take it in for my free oil change.

vtsnowplow

Reaction score
This is still an issue on my 2022 Big Horn w/chrome bumper. I would have thought it would have been addressed over the last two years. I noticed it just recently and did a search and found this thread. Has anyone else withs 2022 noticed this? It's on my list of issues for the dealer when I take it in for my free oil change.
I also have a 22, and the front chrome bumper is a bit .5" higher on the drivers side. Also one of the doors was misaligned. I also have a 21 grand cherokee and the body panels were all out of wack. I had to get all 4 doors on the jeep aligned. It is an FCA peoblem, but at least they can get chips and you dont have to wait 12 months for a Ford.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

We'd love to hear more about this, would you mind sending us a direct message so that we can look into this with you?

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread