5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Air Dam Removal

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, the trucks do look so much better!! Did you all keep the active air dam or remove that too?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any more feedback on mpg change? I don’t know why I’m so concerned for this... I’m getting a whopping 17.5mpg on the highway as is, haha!

Looks really good, guys!

BostonBLS

Reaction score
Can the lower air dam be removed while keeping the active one, or does the active dam sit directly behind the lower air dam?

can it be done? Yes. I think it would look weird though. Not sure it would even work without the other one either. Give her a shot and see how it goes.

BostonBLS

Reaction score
Any more feedback on mpg change? I don’t know why I’m so concerned for this... I’m getting a whopping 17.5mpg on the highway as is, haha!

Looks really good, guys!

these are designed to help with aero and mpg. So yes it will take a hit. If you’re worried about it just keep them on.

I have a Laramie with the 20” wheels. I went down to 16.5. I am now running the rebel wheels and duratracs which are 33” basically and my mpg is 15ish.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
these are designed to help with aero and mpg. So yes it will take a hit. If you’re worried about it just keep them on.

I have a Laramie with the 20” wheels. I went down to 16.5. I am now running the rebel wheels and duratracs which are 33” basically and my mpg is 15ish.

That helped answer my question. I’m also running a Laramie with Rebel takeoffs. The Rebel wheels/tires affected my mpg about 0.5mpg, actually the weight was within 0.6# between the two.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Removing those really improved the look of your truck. I'm wanting to do that now. Kind of reluctant to do anything that will affect fuel economy since I'm only seeing about 14.5 mpg now, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little fuel economy for better looks. I can always drive the Audi to work if I want to save on fuel. Thanks for sharing this.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
f99d492cc5b92ba2dcf744b44454a868.jpg

Love mine removed and have take off for sale if anyone with a Limited wants to drag the ground with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice, I would need to see one with chrome bumpers first in order to know if this would look right on mine.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to see a shortened version of the airdam, I'd like a little more clearance but still something to finish off the bottom of the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online