5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Air Dam Removal

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the Eco diesels have additional grill shutters in the lower bumper? I’m not familiar with the EcoD’s. Thanks for that clarification. Makes sense. That pesky fine print and mundane details on the websites always get me. 🤣
Yes, because they have an open grill in bumper for the intercooler, that has its own set of grill shutters on it. This is why most aftermarket bumpers say they don't fit eco-diesel models

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
IIRC from the last time I messed with it, that connector is molded into the motor housing. I guess I could cut up my motor, since the plan is to remove it, but what I'm really looking for is a wire connector, which presumably I could fill the wire holes with RTV or epoxy or something for a submersible water-tight seal.
I really don’t remember. That might be your best bet. I taped mine up real good and put a zip tie around the tape so it wouldn’t come off when the adhesive fails

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really don’t remember. That might be your best bet. I taped mine up real good and put a zip tie around the tape so it wouldn’t come off when the adhesive fails
I used a plastic bag, and zip ties that on

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think I saw this answered somewhere, but couldn't find it. Is there a mating connector available somewhere to substitute for the AAD motor? I'd like to seal it up good rather than just wrapping with tape.
Look back in this thread at post #138.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I thought I saw information on here somewhere, but didn't have luck finding it. Didn't remember being a Mercedes part number, that might have helped the search engine. Thanks for the good leads. (y)
No worries. I remember someone posting that in this thread and had a few minutes this morning to search for it. Hope it works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread