5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox 2.5 coilovers install on 2020 Rebel

Ready Go

Reaction score
I haven't completely ruled out the updated Carli Commuters as probably being good enough for me, but as I've said before I really like valving adjustable shocks to get that extra level of tunability of rate, rake, valving, alignment, etc. The adjustable valving gets that last bit of reaching for perfection!

@Morenar just posted on another thread that he's dialing in his Fox 2.5 PEs...and he AND his wife have their favorite dial-in and compromised endpoint..this has nearly fully sold me now!!

I put double-digressive valved MeisterR GT1 C/Os on Wifey-pooh's ND Miata..and after many adjustments to ride height, rake, preload, swaybar adjustments, 5-6 alignments, etc..we settled on -16F/-16R for valving..and haven't had to touch anything now for 5 years!! Ever once in a while I think maybe another turn or two of front preload and maybe take the camber from -1.9° to -2.2°, but then decide..WHY?!

The Fox 2.5 PEs offer me that level of dial-in that the Commuters won't and then some day I can say WHY with the Ram, haaa.

Ready Go

Reaction score
in that case run with the stock valving. On road just put low and high speed at 1 click. follow my adjuster tuning guide and you're gonna be golden
Ok..I bookmarked your Guide and emailed it to myself..SOLD!

As I said when you posted your suspension diagram pic, I really like that you used Carli's Rebel HD Rear springs (Rebel will work for me..RB, MFT, BUG, Class4, etc) and Carli Rear Swaybar endlinks with your PEs..I'd do the same. Think I'll stick close to your build profile👍

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok..I bookmarked your Guide and emailed it to myself..SOLD!

As I said when you posted your suspension diagram pic, I really like that you used Carli's Rebel HD Rear springs (Rebel will work for me..RB, MFT, BUG, Class4, etc) and Carli Rear Swaybar endlinks with your PEs..I'd do the same. Think I'll stick close to your build profile👍
yeah i don't have much choice at the time of putting everything together with the anticipated weight in the bed.
now there are plenty more options. If I put more stuff in the bed I'd definitely put Ironman 2.5" coil rear coil!

Simann

Reaction score
after all those miles it's time for rebuild and recharge the nitrogens!
then it will ride better than new. I upped the nitrogen level a bit higher than what Fox gave me and it rides so much better.

Who did you have rebuild your shocks and how quick was the turnaround?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guy said to make an appointment so he can order the oil and parts. Then drop it off in the morning and it will be done by the end of the day.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i haven't rebuilt mine yet. Only have like 18k miles on them. I only recharged the nitrogen since they felt a bit too soft than when new.
When I rebuild I probably will order the parts and do it myself in a weekend. Alternatively, if I decide to get custom valving then I'm going to contact Filthy Motorsports or Accutune to see whichever wants to take it. Or ask CJC if they got any recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread