5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fourth Installment Of The 2021 Ram 1500 “Built To Serve” Edition Has Been Announced:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah as far as BTS Editions, here’s how it works. There are 5 branches of the military, each branch gets a BTS Edition in 2 colors each (1 Special Edition Color and 1 Normal Color, both unique to that branch). Each color gets 1000 units (So 2000 BTS’s for each Branch) except for the Coast Guard, they get 500 units for each color (1000 Total). They rolled out the Army (Diamond Black and Gator) and Navy (Patriot Blue and Ceramic Grey) as 2020 models. They will not make more of those every year, they are “limited” editions in the true sense of the word, (at least for now in the current 5th Gens). For 2021 model year they have the Air Force (Billet Silver and Anvil) and Marine (Flame Red and Tank) which are currently available for order (closing soon I believe). Soon to be Coast Guards (Bright White and [I believe Spitfire Orange, no idea]) are expected around early to mid spring.

You can order any of these BTS in any configuration (engine, drivetrain, and bed/cab size) you want with as many packages or options as you want (Given they have the inventory for those items). However, they are ONLY in the Big Horn Trim. Think of it as a Big Horn/Rebel/Laramie Mix. As far as orders to my knowledge, you can not order the Army, Navy, and Air Force anymore; and as far as being completely sold out, Ram only mentions the Diamond Black version of the Army BTS Edition as being sold out as of today. So if you want the last of these BTS’s, do not wait. Or if you specifically want a White or Orange BTS, be ready to order one and have a good dealer that will get you one with a nice discount. Check Ram’s website and here for updates. Hope this clears some confusion and misinformation about these special editions; specifically from dealers who know nothing about what they’re talking about. 😂

Best color goes to the Ceramic Grey in my opinion. Tank, Flame Red, and Billet Silver are nice too tho; although I’m really looking forward to the Orange.

Last edited:

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Yeah as far as BTS Editions, here’s how it works. There are 5 branches of the military, each branch gets a BTS Edition in 2 colors each (1 Special Edition Color and 1 Normal Color, both unique to that branch). Each color gets 1000 units (So 2000 BTS’s for each Branch) except for the Coast Guard, they get 500 units for each color (1000 Total). They rolled out the Army (Diamond Black and Gator), Navy (Patriot Blue and Ceramic Grey), and Air Force (Billet Silver and Anvil) as 2020 models. They will not make more of those every year, they are “limited” editions in the true sense of the word, (at least for now in the current 5th Gens). For 2021 model year they have the Marine BTS (Flame Red and Tank) which are currently available for order (closing soon I believe). Soon to be Coast Guards (Bright White and [I believe Spitfire Orange, no idea]) are expected around early to mid spring.

You can order any of these BTS in any configuration (engine and bed/cab size) you want with as many packages or options as you want (Given they have the inventory for those items). However, they are ONLY in the Big Horn Trim (as a 4x4 Model I believe). Think of it as a Big Horn/Rebel/Laramie Mix. As far as orders to my knowledge, you can not order the Army, Navy, and Air Force anymore; and as far as being completely sold out, Ram only mentions the Diamond Black version of the Army BTS Edition as being sold out as of today. So if you want the last of these BTS’s, do not wait. Or if you specifically want a White or Orange BTS, be ready to order one and have a good dealer that will get you one with a nice discount. Check Ram’s website and here for updates. Hope this clears some confusion and misinformation about these special editions; specifically from dealers who know nothing about what they’re talking about. 😂

Best color goes to the Ceramic Grey in my opinion. Tank, Flame Red, and Billet Silver are nice too tho; although I’m really looking forward to the Orange.
I said I wasn't looking for a brightly colored truck, but I'm interested in that orange now. Too bad I don't have time to wait for it to be released

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I said I wasn't looking for a brightly colored truck, but I'm interested in that orange now. Too bad I don't have time to wait for it to be released
Yeah well you can order a 75th Anniversary Edition of the 2021 2500 Power Wagon in a special edition 'Molten Orange' too. It should be made available soon. I went for Diamond Black Crystal Pearl for my 3rd 5th Gen again. Wish the Limited had better colors: more Reds, Blues, maybe a Brown and Green.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah as far as BTS Editions, here’s how it works. There are 5 branches of the military, each branch gets a BTS Edition in 2 colors each (1 Special Edition Color and 1 Normal Color, both unique to that branch). Each color gets 1000 units (So 2000 BTS’s for each Branch) except for the Coast Guard, they get 500 units for each color (1000 Total). They rolled out the Army (Diamond Black and Gator), Navy (Patriot Blue and Ceramic Grey), and Air Force (Billet Silver and Anvil) as 2020 models. They will not make more of those every year, they are “limited” editions in the true sense of the word, (at least for now in the current 5th Gens). For 2021 model year they have the Marine BTS (Flame Red and Tank) which are currently available for order (closing soon I believe). Soon to be Coast Guards (Bright White and [I believe Spitfire Orange, no idea]) are expected around early to mid spring.

You can order any of these BTS in any configuration (engine and bed/cab size) you want with as many packages or options as you want (Given they have the inventory for those items). However, they are ONLY in the Big Horn Trim (as a 4x4 Model I believe). Think of it as a Big Horn/Rebel/Laramie Mix. As far as orders to my knowledge, you can not order the Army, Navy, and Air Force anymore; and as far as being completely sold out, Ram only mentions the Diamond Black version of the Army BTS Edition as being sold out as of today. So if you want the last of these BTS’s, do not wait. Or if you specifically want a White or Orange BTS, be ready to order one and have a good dealer that will get you one with a nice discount. Check Ram’s website and here for updates. Hope this clears some confusion and misinformation about these special editions; specifically from dealers who know nothing about what they’re talking about. 😂

The Air Force Billet Silver and Anvil are 2021 models, not 2020. And it must depend on dealer, because I've I ky heard of a handful of people who have been able to actually custom order one. The two dealers I talked to when I was looking for my Ceramic Gray both said they weren't able to order any, they just got what Ram shipped them, and dealer allocation was based off. We truck sales. So the dealers that sold more trucks got a higher allocation of the BTS, and some dealers may not get any allocation for one.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Air Force Billet Silver and Anvil are 2021 models, not 2020. And it must depend on dealer, because I've I ky heard of a handful of people who have been able to actually custom order one. The two dealers I talked to when I was looking for my Ceramic Gray both said they weren't able to order any, they just got what Ram shipped them, and dealer allocation was based off. We truck sales. So the dealers that sold more trucks got a higher allocation of the BTS, and some dealers may not get any allocation for one.
Correct, I've edited it since then in regards to MY. As far as dealers go and custom orders, my dealer is pretty big and they get first dibs on this sort of thing so yeah it depends on dealer. SOL if your dealer doesn't get any allocations; like the TRX in that regard, at least for now. Also, being early really helps.

obrien

Reaction score
Yeah as far as BTS Editions, here’s how it works. There are 5 branches of the military, each branch gets a BTS Edition in 2 colors each (1 Special Edition Color and 1 Normal Color, both unique to that branch). Each color gets 1000 units (So 2000 BTS’s for each Branch) except for the Coast Guard, they get 500 units for each color (1000 Total). They rolled out the Army (Diamond Black and Gator) and Navy (Patriot Blue and Ceramic Grey) as 2020 models. They will not make more of those every year, they are “limited” editions in the true sense of the word, (at least for now in the current 5th Gens). For 2021 model year they have the Air Force (Billet Silver and Anvil) and Marine (Flame Red and Tank) which are currently available for order (closing soon I believe). Soon to be Coast Guards (Bright White and [I believe Spitfire Orange, no idea]) are expected around early to mid spring.

You are correct except the best color is clearly Anvil :-D

BTW I found BTS to be really good deal- off road package, led lights, appearance package, alpine sound system (which is really good IMHO) nice wheels, great nice seats (+ few extra stuff like side step) for $2700 is really good deal and having special color on top of that.

MikeMatty

Reaction score

BTW I found BTS to be really good deal- off road package, led lights, appearance package, alpine sound system (which is really good IMHO) nice wheels, great nice seats (+ few extra stuff like side step) for $2700 is really good deal and having special color on top of that.
Amen!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score

Yep! Lotta truth to that, only I didn't realize it at the time I put my order in!

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Yeah well you can order a 75th Anniversary Edition of the 2021 2500 Power Wagon in a special edition 'Molten Orange' too. It should be made available soon. I went for Diamond Black Crystal Pearl for my 3rd 5th Gen again. Wish the Limited had better colors: more Reds, Blues, maybe a Brown and Green.
Yea, not sure I need or can afford that much truck at the moment. Oddly enough, the 2500 has a ton much color options and ordering options in general

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, not sure I need or can afford that much truck at the moment. Oddly enough, the 2500 has a ton much color options and ordering options in general
That’s true, you can order a freakin 21 Limited Longhorn in Flame Red for the HDs. That would be so cool on a 1500. We went with a Black Night Edition tho for our 2020 2500 HD.

HEMITKN

Reaction score

Great post you can get 4X2 also I might add. Still pissing about the RAM box system!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great post you can get 4X2 also I might add. Still pissing about the RAM box system!
Yessir, I just checked you are correct. I updated my post with the corrections. Odd since its basically the Off-Road Group with extra goodies but yeah just saw it's the same price no matter what drivetrain, but the RWD (4x2), skips out on the tow hooks, skid plates, shock absorbers, rear spare (supposedly), hill descent control, and electronic locking rear axle. Also sorry about the Ram Boxes again lol. I saw someone order a Ram with the boxes on 11/24 and they already have the truck; probs not a BTS tho.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was just curious since I have a Gator on order as well via MAS. I think it has a production date of 07/20 and hoping it has the correct springs installed.
Good luck on that one. 7/20 was well into the Navy color production run and Gator production had stopped at least two months prior. I can't see Dodge doing a one off when the paint booths wouldn't have been set up for that color.

Users who are viewing this thread