5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford's new on-board 'scales'

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I'm happy for you guys, and, I'mma let you finish, but @securityguy and I had the best joust on this site of all time.

9515192dW.jpg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
(I had to, I had to, I'm sorry)

But for real!
For real.
Lemme be the 3rd party to say, that was a good old fashioned regulation scrap!

...and that on board scales sounds pretty neat!
I look forward to seeing what tech the automakers offer in the next few years, the non-government mandated kind, that is.
Yeah it's all good fun haha.

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
@SpookyWatcher This you? (Love this guy 😂)

There is no way I can hold a candle to that sweet sweet dirt squirrel on his upper lip! I just cant pull it off.

But I did come across your FB with your profile pic. Just a couple of favors though... please stop saying "meow" on guard. And when you're in the terminal please please for the love of all, take off the oakleys and the backpack! We get it... You're a pilot and very cool. :p

Pat-Ram.png

All in good fun!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what section this belongs in but came across this TFLtrucks video on the forthcoming option from Ford and found it very interesting. Certainly has some limitations and can't replace an actual scale in certain situations but would be a great feature to see on future Rams in my opinion.
It would definitely be nice to have a factory integrated feature. There is a similar solution you can use though- https://www.haulgauge.com/compatibility/
I’ve had one on my 2017 2500 for a few years, and it is pretty much dead accurate compared to scaling.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no way I can hold a candle to that sweet sweet dirt squirrel on his upper lip! I just cant pull it off.

But I did come across your FB with your profile pic. Just a couple of favors though... please stop saying "meow" on guard. And when you're in the terminal please please for the love of all, take off the oakleys and the backpack! We get it... You're a pilot and very cool. :p

View attachment 91799

All in good fun!
Hahahahaha omg this guy, meow on guard.

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
looking into this, the down side of this system is you have to enter the weight of every person in the truck as well yourself. How accurate is that?? Asking my wife what she weighs would be more dangerous than slapping honey all over myself and running through a bee hive, lol... You would think the truck could tell that itself if the truck would simply take a measurement at all four corners vs just the back to give a total weight. hmmm, Ram are you listening????

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
looking into this, the down side of this system is you have to enter the weight of every person in the truck as well yourself. How accurate is that?? Asking my wife what she weighs would be more dangerous than slapping honey all over myself and running through a bee hive, lol... You would think the truck could tell that itself if the truck would simply take a measurement at all four corners vs just the back to give a total weight. hmmm, Ram are you listening????

LMAO this Ford truck is going to end up in divorces :ROFLMAO:

"No look, babe, I need to put your weight into the truck because-"
"IT'S ME OR THE TRUCK!!!"

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even know there were such scales. And what other scales besides those measuring bodyweight do you use at home?
🤔
I have a few scales that measure grams and a couple others that measure grains.

tristanbartel

Reaction score
Wow. So many different things in the world exist. I had no idea something like that existed. The only scales I've ever seen in my life are scales that measure body weight. Then there's the scale they use in the kitchen when the recipe says everything in grams and my favorite weed scale. Lol. That's what I use the most. Because I don't care about body weight and cooking recipes and grams. And it turns out there is such a variety of different scales. I'm really shocked now. What technology has come to?

Last edited:

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, the Silverado/Sierra and F-Series have typically outsold RAM for a long time, so it hasn't really been a hindrance for them in still sticking with leaf springs for the majority of buyers. With with the next Raptor going multi-link, I suspect we aren't far away from regular F-series going in that direction. With Ford & GM having electric offerings coming on-line in the next few years, expect a jump to IRS as well.
Ram out sells Chevy now, could be the better ride is what knocked Chevy down to 3rd. https://www.statista.com/statistics...e-united-states-from-january-to-october-2011/

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford has the optional heavy duty payload package too. You can get a crew cab standard bed 4x4 with a GVWR of 7,850lbs and 2,300+lbs of available payload. If I had known that a year ago I may have gone that route instead of going to an HD truck

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram out sells Chevy now, could be the better ride is what knocked Chevy down to 3rd. https://www.statista.com/statistics...e-united-states-from-january-to-october-2011/

Absolutely, though the keyword is Chevy, not GM right? That would be the Silverado/Sierra, which would be about 767K and just outselling the F-Series. Usually, the F-series outsells both GM combined annually, for the last 3 decades up to 2015, there was only 3 times the GM twins outsold the F-series. However since 2015, the F-series has been beaten a couple of times, so that ratio is dropping.

I think Chevy got dropped to 3rd because of their dated interiors, but it appears to also be production. My local RAM dealership has 80 RAMs in stock, my Chevy dealership has only 17 trucks! They all got hit by the chip shortage, but I think GM got hit the hardest.

Last edited:

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like another useless technology adder for the sake of saying they are being innovative. I’ve hauled and used trucks for my landscaping business and can’t ever recall thinking of only I had an onboard scale. My sinister side also thinks this is another way for them to deny a warranty claim.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some of the things Ford is offering have me leaning toward them for my next 1/2 ton. The heavy duty payload package, max tow package and this bed scale are three of the things I would get. I personally would like having that scale so I know how loaded up I am. Rams 1500 line are my favorite trucks but let’s be honest, they are not the best for towing and hauling when it comes to payload.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread