5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford Recall

D

Deleted member103

Yea, I read that too somewhere else, let's prey or hope or rub sticks or whatever . . . that RAM (FCA US) fairs better in 1018/19 models !
Got MY fingers crossed !
1f44d.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It surprises me in this day and age how prevalent issues like this are.

LordHobbit

Reaction score
Ford has had this issue before, many years ago.

Use your park brake for safety!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford is pushing out the trucks as quick as they can - quantity over quality - from what I hear a truck a minute rolls of the line at Dearborn and Kansas City. From this and other recalls that shouldn't have to happen - it is what it is. Take a close look at trucks on your local dealers lot, there are build issues that most wouldn't notice - but a car or truck guy would.

I've been pleased with both of mine. A bit worried before my ordered truck arrived if it would have any build issues - but it arrived flawless.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Ford is pushing out the trucks as quick as they can - quantity over quality - from what I hear a truck a minute rolls of the line at Dearborn and Kansas City. From this and other recalls that shouldn't have to happen - it is what it is. Take a close look at trucks on your local dealers lot, there are build issues that most wouldn't notice - but a car or truck guy would.

I've been pleased with both of mine. A bit worried before my ordered truck arrived if it would have any build issues - but it arrived flawless.
Every F150 I looked at before I bought my Ram had build issues, even my friend that was with me when I was shopping pointed some out. While they can always be fixed it doesn't leave the best impression.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Every F150 I looked at before I bought my Ram had build issues, even my friend that was with me when I was shopping pointed some out. While they can always be fixed it doesn't leave the best impression.
Amen to that! And I'd be singing a different tune if I had a moonroof that really leaked, door panels not aligned, or IWE (4x4 staying engaged) issues. I've only been locked out of my truck in the cold - with inoperative door latches when it's a certain temp outside!

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
"a piece of equipment on the affected vehicles can become dislodged over time, which means the car won't be in the gear that it looks like it's in, such as park . . ."Weren't electric shifted automatics supposed to be an improvement?
1f61b.png

But seriously, electric shifting has increased performance significantly, though park might as well be a manual lever as often as this has made headlines. I remember when the Jeep Grand Cherokee shifter had "issues" that turned out to be user error on a massive scale because certain vehicular paradigms are so ingrained in people's minds they were simply using it incorrectly. Car folk do tend to forget that not everybody is a car nut and isn't interested in newfangled ways of doing things they already know how to do. To many people, a car is just transportation - simple, boring, effective (like some of their personalities, minus the "effective" part). It isn't something they want to learn new things about or have to read a manual to learn how to use. They just want to get to work, jam their tunes on the way there and not die in the process.
While this Ford issue is not user error, but a predictive precaution where something might become an issue over time, it is something that would be a great deal less likely to occur with a manual actuator.
Like a parking brake . . .

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Amen to that! And I'd be singing a different tune if I had a moonroof that really leaked, door panels not aligned, or IWE (4x4 staying engaged) issues. I've only been locked out of my truck in the cold - with inoperative door latches when it's a certain temp outside!
The IWE issues have been going on since 04, I had to change out a couple hubs on my friends old truck. To be fair though I have 2 friends with 2016 F150s and outside of a few initial build quality issues both trucks have been flawless.

I have heard about the door latch problem, I also heard that people that have had the recall done have still had the issue re occur so I'm not too sure where thats at.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
The IWE issues have been going on since 04, I had to change out a couple hubs on my friends old truck. To be fair though I have 2 friends with 2016 F150s and outside of a few initial build quality issues both trucks have been flawless.

I have heard about the door latch problem, I also heard that people that have had the recall done have still had the issue re occur so I'm not too sure where thats at.
Thankfully I haven't had the IWE problem. Sounds like a lot of the issues are just due to parts suppliers QC or Fords QC on the parts suppliers. I've had the recall done on the doors, twice. Both times it's warmed up afterwards so all is well.

D

Deleted member103

From what I read today, RAM has actually got 3 full time shifts working round the clock at the DT Plant - 350 units !
Now I can't recall if that was total or per shift ?

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
From what I read today, RAM has actually got 3 full time shifts working round the clock at the DT Plant - 350 units !
Now I can't recall if that was total or per shift ?
I believe it was 250 per shift for a 750 daily total, six days a week.

Users who are viewing this thread