5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford Owner But Like Rebel

Dreng

Reaction score
Some users are reporting when dealer selects rebel 12 its auto selecting the 9 speaker "upgrade". If the dealer doesnt uncheck the 9 speaker upgrade they are not getting the 19 speaker HK speakers. I haven't heard the 9 speakers myself but some reviews I have read say the sound quality is cleaner and crisper on the 19 HK speakers vs the 9 speaker setup

Blee2221

Reaction score
That’s upsetting cause I’m working on a deal with a deaership for a rebel 12 with everything I want on it except they selected the 9 speaker with subwoofer option.

ibang1

Reaction score
I think the 9 speakers does an awesome job. If I want HiFi I just go to my office and fire up my old tube amp for my listening pleasure. Too much going on when you’re driving and with all the road and driving noises around me to enjoy. Then again why annoy others with loud music.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The cabin of my truck is actually very quiet. Not sure of this traffic noise you speak of.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Horkn

Reaction score
Not even close to comparable interior wise.

Some ways no, some ways yes. The drivetrain is a lot better in the 5.0, and there's a normal column or console shifter. The Ford will be faster, and more efficient, but the ram does have a nicer overall interior, and the ram boxes are awesome. There's always trade-offs. No new truck interior is crappy anymore.

I need to test drive a 3.21 geared Laramie Sport yet before I make up my mind.

RichT

Reaction score
500 miles in and i don't even think about the shifter any longer. Thought it was going to be a huge sore point for me since that has been my arm rest for 35 years in whatever I was driving.

The manual buttons on the other hand. Just plain dumb where they placed them. I'm actually going to look into getting them moved, or duplicates patched in more likely. How they could put those on the wheel is mind numbing to think about.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I came from an 18 F-150 Platinum 4x4 5.0 and I think this RAM drives better, feels more comfortable, nicer tech/interior and the HEMI with the 3.92 seems to have so much power than my Ford. I still love the look of the F-150 and there a couple things I miss on the Ford but are just me being picky. As far as the shifter, I am so used to it. Just this past week Mitchell Watts (owners son) who does most of the videos for a very large Ford dealership in Alabama posted on YouTube about his wife leaving the Explorer in park and it drove down an embankment with his kids in it. Everyone was OK, but he made a comment that Ford moved to rotary on the new Expedition for this very reason. So all the Ford guys who to feel a stick in their hand should grab something else :)

Buy what you like to look at and remember you can customize if you save a little change too.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I came from an 18 F-150 Platinum 4x4 5.0 and I think this RAM drives better, feels more comfortable, nicer tech/interior and the HEMI with the 3.92 seems to have so much power than my Ford. I still love the look of the F-150 and there a couple things I miss on the Ford but are just me being picky. As far as the shifter, I am so used to it. Just this past week Mitchell Watts (owners son) who does most of the videos for a very large Ford dealership in Alabama posted on YouTube about his wife leaving the Explorer in park and it drove down an embankment with his kids in it. Everyone was OK, but he made a comment that Ford moved to rotary on the new Expedition for this very reason. So all the Ford guys who to feel a stick in their hand should grab something else :)

Buy what you like to look at and remember you can customize if you save a little change too.

The Platinum had the tech I like, but not necessarily the looks (I'm not huge on chrome..a little is ok). Price is better on the RAM with similar tech. Only thing that might be nice is the massaging seats on long trips.

Pretty sure I'll go with a Ram, but just need to figure out if the rebel or Larimie offroad sport.

Last edited:

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Platinum had the tech I like, but not necessarily the looks (I'm not huge on chrome..a little is ok). Price is better on the Dodge with similar tech. Only thing that might be nice is the massaging seats on long trips.

Pretty sure I'll go with a Ram, but just need to figure out if the rebel or Larimie offroad sport.

I would load up the Laramie with Tech, off road and Sport. The massaging seats in the F-150 were such a gimmick, the seats were so uncomfortable that I would squirm on short trips trying to find comfort. Also "Dodge" makes cars, RAM is the truck brand :)

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would load up the Laramie with Tech, off road and Sport. The massaging seats in the F-150 were such a gimmick, the seats were so uncomfortable that I would squirm on short trips trying to find comfort. Also "Dodge" makes cars, RAM is the truck brand :)
Corrected... :). At least I was 50% on that one.

Kadarnall

Reaction score
I've owned an f150 for 10years and am considering a new truck. I love the Raptor, but find the price and pure off road nature of it somewhat unnecessary for my needs.

The rebel looks great, has that aggressive look, and is more reasonable priced and may fit my needs better.

Questions I have:

1. Does the rebel 12 have dual power front seats?

2. Where are the 19 speakers located? I'm an audio guy and am trying to figure where they even are placed.

3. I live in ND. Is the air ride a problem in the cold? Is there a better ride with them? Trying to figure out if it's worth it.

I'm leaning away from etorque. The mileage increase seems small and from my calculations for usage would take nearly 8-10 yrs to break even on the cost.
I had a 2013 F150 FX4 loaded. Loved it. I was looking at a new Lariat special edition for about 58k with 502a luxury package OTD after days of negotiation. I have a Rebel with the Rebel 12 and equipment group 2 pacakages for 50k OTD. Its a lot more truck for substantially less. Only thing I have noticed is I am getting about 13.7 on a stock 5.7 Hemi where I was getting 12.5 on my 6" lifted F150 sitting on 35s with exhaust, intake and a 91 gas performance tune. Also, front seats are both powered and heated but do not have AC.

Users who are viewing this thread