5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford Owner But Like Rebel

19Jake

Reaction score
19 Speaker System w/900w Amp
7 Unity speakers ~ 3 in IP ~ 2 in upper front doors ~ 2 in rear headliner
4 6x9” woofers ~ 1 in each lower door
10” enclosed subwoofer behind rear passenger seat
  • Logic 7 Processing
    • Consistent center imaging
    • Enveloping sound for all seats
    • Expands space so the sound feels bigger
  • Green Edge Technology
    • Reduced energy consumption
    • Reduced weight
    • Increased longevity Screenshot (8).png Screenshot (9).png

Last edited:

Horkn

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I drove a loaded 8.4" uconnect crew rebel with etorque and the air suspension. I really liked it, but after driving it, I joined here to check out real world mpg with the etorque vs regular hemi. I wasn't impressed with what I saw. You'll need to determine is if you'll be driving much on the freeway. The 3.92 gears, c with the 8 spd on a hemi are not really good for mpg. Now in the 3.21 gears, the new ram gets good mpg at freeway speed. You just can't get a rebel with the 3.21 gears.

You can get the off-road package on a non rebel ram and get everything except the rebel rims and the duratracs. Also it's easier to get the 12" screen on the non rebel Rams as it looks like the rebel 12 option hasn't been available since it was originally released. Have you seen the north edition, or the Laramie sport models? They get the rebel hood. I actually like the monochromatic look better than the rebel black plastic grill.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good info on the speakers. That helps. I misunderstood the post about dropping in additional speakers in the regular spots.

I'll have to play around with the builders on the site a bit. I haven't seen the editions/builds you reference but that might make sense for me. 80%+ of my driving will be freeway...I just like the look of an off road truck. (the country boy coming out in me).

What is the trade off on 3.21 vs 3.92 gearing?

Jake you mentioned 360 camera and additional safety. Like Lane departure?

Horkn

Reaction score
Thanks for the side by side. Both are nice. Front end of the raptor sure is sexy. Otherwise, I think I like the ram as much. How was your mileage between the two?

I think comparing the two can be a bit off to certain extent given the Raptor is in a different off road capacity league. Maybe the Rousche f150 is closer, which I also like but it's a 10k upcharge for mostly cosmetics. I would think spec to spec the Rebel is considerably less.

Yeah, the raptor is in a different league. Unless you order one that's only got the options you want, almost all of them are loaded to the gills. A crew cab raptor starts at 57,400. They do get amazingly good mpg for what it is, a 450 hp 510 tq off road truck.

A Roush F-150 is more comparable to a rebel than the raptor. The Roush has the 5.0 coyote v8 395 hp 400 tq with direct and port EFI, plus the 10 spd. The Roush F-150 will absolutely get better mpg than any rebel, again if that matters to you ( it does to me). The stock 5.0 is faster than any of the figures I've seen anywhere for a new hemi ram. The Roush is more than just an appearance package. The core of the package is the fox coilover shocks and lift, with 20" rims and Mickey Thompson tires and a Roush exhaust. There's the fender flares and graphics as well as different grill too. There's more packages as" levels" as Roush has always done going back to their early days on mustang modifications. You can get a supercharged one of you want, or can afford it.

You can add the Roush package at any time to the Ford. Also, comparing the Roush to the rebel, you could actually spec a Roush out for less than a rebel because you can roush-ize even an XL f150. If you used an xlt Ford, that would be comparable to the rebel trim, price and equipment wise.

19Jake

Reaction score
Jake you mentioned 360 camera and additional safety. Like Lane departure?
ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP

• Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
  • Advanced Brake Assist
  • Automatic high-beam headlamp control
  • Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
  • Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
  • Parallel & Perpendicular Park Assist with Stop
  • 360 Surround View Camera

Last edited:

Horkn

Reaction score
Well, the 3.92 should accelerate a little faster and tow heavy loads a little better vs the 3.21 due to the gearing helping more with braking. Unless you are towing towards the top of the ratings, you'll never see any difference.
Especially if you have trailer brakes.
Since you did say that freeway mpg does matter to you, you'll see the window sticker say 22 freeway mpg on the rebel. It won't get it. It's really a shame that the EPA/Ram is allowed to put the false mpg sticker on the rebel when it won't achieve it.

Blee2221

Reaction score
My last two trucks were F150. The last one was a 2015 Platinum. I now have a Rebel and I have no regrets but kinda wished I still had the front camera and remote tailgate.

Yes, both front seats have power seats.

I have the 9 speaker so I can’t tell you the placements.

I’m in MD and I get up very early in the mornings when it’s cold but it hasn’t gotten to freezing yet. Ride is great and smooth. I was once driving down the highway and I looked over at my wife. Her head shooked like a bobble head. I though I was driving on a bad patch of highway. Wife mentioned the seats were a lot firmer and supportive compared to the Platinum.

I happened to look down at my dash and my air setting was set at ‘exit/entry’. The air setting was at the lowest. No wonder my wife shooked so much. We both laughed at each other. I then got the truck in Aero and the ride was a lot smoother.

I also passed on the etorque.

Do you have the regular alpine system or the added option of the 9 speaker system with subwoofer?

Blee2221

Reaction score
Well, the 3.92 should accelerate a little faster and tow heavy loads a little better vs the 3.21 due to the gearing helping more with braking. Unless you are towing towards the top of the ratings, you'll never see any difference.
Especially if you have trailer brakes.
Since you did say that freeway mpg does matter to you, you'll see the window sticker say 22 freeway mpg on the rebel. It won't get it. It's really a shame that the EPA/Ram is allowed to put the false mpg sticker on the rebel when it won't achieve it.

Any idea when this would be available??

Horkn

Reaction score
Any idea when this would be available??

You can buy a 3.21 geared ram now. You just can't buy a rebel with the 3.21, as the only option is 3.92. if you want the off road package, click on that, if you want the monochromatic paint, get a sport package, or the north edition. Those are all out on the lots/ordering now

Blee2221

Reaction score
You can buy a 3.21 geared ram now. You just can't buy a rebel with the 3.21, as the only option is 3.92. if you want the off road package, click on that, if you want the monochromatic paint, get a sport package, or the north edition. Those are all out on the lots/ordering now

My apologies. I was actually trying to reply to jakes comment about the advanced safety group/surround view being available for the rebel 12.

ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP

• Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
  • Advanced Brake Assist
  • Automatic high-beam headlamp control
  • Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
  • Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
  • Parallel & Perpendicular Park Assist with Stop
  • 360 Surround View Camera

Any idea when this would be available?

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, the raptor is in a different league. Unless you order one that's only got the options you want, almost all of them are loaded to the gills. A crew cab raptor starts at 57,400. They do get amazingly good mpg for what it is, a 450 hp 510 tq off road truck.

A Roush F-150 is more comparable to a rebel than the raptor. The Roush has the 5.0 coyote v8 395 hp 400 tq with direct and port EFI, plus the 10 spd. The Roush F-150 will absolutely get better mpg than any rebel, again if that matters to you ( it does to me). The stock 5.0 is faster than any of the figures I've seen anywhere for a new hemi ram. The Roush is more than just an appearance package. The core of the package is the fox coilover shocks and lift, with 20" rims and Mickey Thompson tires and a Roush exhaust. There's the fender flares and graphics as well as different grill too. There's more packages as" levels" as Roush has always done going back to their early days on mustang modifications. You can get a supercharged one of you want, or can afford it.

You can add the Roush package at any time to the Ford. Also, comparing the Roush to the rebel, you could actually spec a Roush out for less than a rebel because you can roush-ize even an XL f150. If you used an xlt Ford, that would be comparable to the rebel trim, price and equipment wise.

So did some online pricing. Doesn't seem like a person could really come within even $7k with a Rousch (similar features anyway). You could certainly get a base xlt but it would have nowhere near the tech or amenities.

The sport Larimie with off-road package is nice. Is the lift similar to the rebel in that configuration? The rest seams pretty obvious, but I can't find any details there.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you order the 33 gallon tank....a must have! Mine has every option except etorque, block heater, and Ram boxes. I love this truck. I loaded 25 bags of wood pellets for pellet stove (40 lbs each), so exactly 1,000 pounds, or 1/2 ton in a 1/2 ton truck. It stayed absolutely at same ride height, and drove the same as if it was empty. ( I didn't hot rod, but just drove routinely with traffic.) This truck does what 3/4 tons used to do yet drives and rides like a luxury SUV. It makes my old truck 2004 Dodge Cummins Laramie 2500 quad cab 4x4 loaded with only 63,000 miles feel like it's a rough riding farm truck with vague steering. And I've loved that truck since I bought it new!!! :confused:

I see you put different rims on it! Very nice. What do people do with the stock rims? Do dealers trade them in at purchase?

ibang1

Reaction score
Do you have the regular alpine system or the added option of the 9 speaker system with subwoofer?

I have the upgraded 9 speaker and subwoofer. On the dash I do have an emblem with Alpine.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see you put different rims on it! Very nice. What do people do with the stock rims? Do dealers trade them in at purchase?
I have them for sale for $500 firm without TPS sensors. They are listed in the "for sale" thread. Several others have had interest but shipping costs have made them too expensive for long distance buyers. I am in Portland, Oregon 97236 They are perfect condition. I bought my Fuel Hardline 18"x9" from a local tire and wheel shop that has great prices. I figured someone would be looking for Rebel OEM wheels so they are for sale.

Last edited:

Horkn

Reaction score
So did some online pricing. Doesn't seem like a person could really come within even $7k with a Rousch (similar features anyway). You could certainly get a base xlt but it would have nowhere near the tech or amenities.

The sport Larimie with off-road package is nice. Is the lift similar to the rebel in that configuration? The rest seams pretty obvious, but I can't find any details there.

I'd say you could get an XL 5.0 and the Roush package for what a hemi rebel goes for. They'd be almost comparable interior wise, but the suspension is on a much higher level on the Roush. If you go up to an xlt or lariat, then.....

Yes, the sport Laramie is a nicer interior than the rebel, is easily had with the 12" screen, the lift is pretty much the same as the rebel. The wheels are different and the ORP gets falken wildpeak AT tires which are great btw. The rebel had a steel front bumper skid combo, but the ORP had skid plates too. https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/05/20...ad-package-rebel-nicer-interior-ask-tfltruck/

Blee2221

Reaction score
I have the upgraded 9 speaker and subwoofer. On the dash I do have an emblem with Alpine.

How does it sound? Looking at a rebel 12 that has this option but haven’t seen/heard much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread