5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those with 6 speaker base stereo who have upgraded-What speaker did you use?

irishwake63

Reaction score
I am not sure mine are blown but sounds like crap not sure where to start even the google voice that comes thru sounds fuzzy

WFO2

Reaction score
I have a basic 6 speaker system . I upgraded with JBL all round Club series speakers and the sound is 100 times better. One of the best upgrades have done on my 2022 Ram 1500 DT Quad cab. I just watched Cruchfeilds for sales . I did not have to use an ANC bypass and they sound great . Just remember to get the OEM to speaker adapter wires .

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I have a basic 6 speaker system . I upgraded with JBL all round Club series speakers and the sound is 100 times better. One of the best upgrades have done on my 2022 Ram 1500 DT Quad cab. I just watched Cruchfeilds for sales . I did not have to use an ANC bypass and they sound great . Just remember to get the OEM to speaker adapter wires .
That's awesome.

Did you just upgrade the doors?

WFO2

Reaction score
Thanks ... it is a bit of a pain in the A to get the door panels on and off. No I did all of them dash included . The dash speakers where the easy ones to do . Had to dremel just a tad on the dash speakers to get flush. fit .

irishwake63

Reaction score
ok I guess I am a noob, I always thought the stock RAM speakers sounded great but I just purchased a new to me 22 1500 V8 and the speakers sound like they are blown at low volumes so I ordered a set of kicker 3.5s for the dash and 2 sets of EL cheapo MTX terminators 6x9 for the doors and I am now seeing stuff about the ANC issue and it looks like I have it under drivers seat. If I put speakers in am I guaranteed to have that loud sound coming from the ANC? if so is there a fix? I am not sure what the bass blockers do either. Any guidance on this will be appreciated

bronco_buster

Reaction score
I just upgraded my doors with the CDT 6x9 using Metra 72-6514. They gave awful engine feedback into the cab. The drone sound, to my ears, sounds like a truck with a defective muffler. I kept thinking my cats had been stolen...LOL. So I reversed the polarity of the Metra harnesses with an el cheapo HF pick set and re-installed all four door speakers...VOILA...sounds great without needing the ANC cancelling harness.

2019 Limited HK system

bronco_buster

Reaction score
Can I get confirmation from somebody on the following...

I want to upgrade my 2019 Limited HK dash speakers. Already did the doors, as posted above.

I would like to install the Faital Pro speakers, so are the 4 ohm speakers the ones I want? Do I need to reverse polarity on the Metra 72-7902 connectors?

I assume the ANC isn't affected by the dash speakers in the Limited. Is that correct?

irishwake63

Reaction score
I went el cheapo and put mtx terminators in the doors and had kickers in the dash but took them out as they were overpowering the doors so I put factory back in dash I always thought that in previous rams I had the sound was pretty nice but there was something wrong with these they sounded like crap it still sounds better now with the elcheapos

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know this thread is older now, but rather than make another unfindable thread about this, i figured i'd start here:

i have a couple questions for peeps who have replaced the 3 dash speakers. specifically about the Infinity Reference 3032cfx 3.5" ones

1. Anyone who has replaced all 3 with these up on the dash, can you confirm this type fits in the center channel location with no adjustment?
2. If they DO fit in the center, where are you guys finding a single Inf Ref 3032cfx? Since they are sold in pairs everywhere i've seen... i can't even find a single on eBay! Are you guys just just buying TWO pairs and having a spare one sitting around?
3. And finally, IF anyone DID do that, and has a spare single inf ref 3032cfx sitting around, would you want to sell that to me? haha. (all serious questions btw.)

Thanks for any info

Brunzca

Reaction score
I know this thread is older now, but rather than make another unfindable thread about this, i figured i'd start here:

i have a couple questions for peeps who have replaced the 3 dash speakers. specifically about the Infinity Reference 3032cfx 3.5" ones

1. Anyone who has replaced all 3 with these up on the dash, can you confirm this type fits in the center channel location with no adjustment?
2. If they DO fit in the center, where are you guys finding a single Inf Ref 3032cfx? Since they are sold in pairs everywhere i've seen... i can't even find a single on eBay! Are you guys just just buying TWO pairs and having a spare one sitting around?
3. And finally, IF anyone DID do that, and has a spare single inf ref 3032cfx sitting around, would you want to sell that to me? haha. (all serious questions btw.)

Thanks for any info

I can confirm that they fit in all locations.. the only place I’ve seen anyone get a single is on here, for the same reason, lol. Maybe check the 5th gen rams FB group, too. Good news is that they are pretty cheap, so it won’t cost an arm and a leg if you do have to get two pair. (then maybe you could sell one to someone else and recoup a few $$)

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can confirm that they fit in all locations.. the only place I’ve seen anyone get a single is on here, for the same reason, lol. Maybe check the 5th gen rams FB group, too. Good news is that they are pretty cheap, so it won’t cost an arm and a leg if you do have to get two pair. (then maybe you could sell one to someone else and recoup a few $$)
haha roger that. thanks for the confirmation tho, as that is the most important part. 😅

Bansheeman6100

Reaction score
Ok, this is the thread that I need! I've just begun upgrading my base 6 speaker, and started off a bit unprepared but purchasing a set up 5 fatalpro 3fe22's (4ohm) from a member last year without doing any real research. I never installed them, but did just install a Phoenix 13.6 that was already Improved audio, along with giving me access to all the additional rca and other ports. I have already decided im going to now replace all 4 door speakers, so can I still use the 4ohm speakers if I am replacing the rest? And can I easily add the center dash channel, and possibly the rear headliner ones? Or should I sell the 4ohm speakers and start from scratch.

I also plan on adding a small speaker and Amp unit later at some point

Users who are viewing this thread