5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fob

GoRavens

Reaction score
This literally just happened to me yesterday morning while trying to get home from work. 2019 RAM Laramie. Wouldn’t unlock doors, wouldn’t let me start the truck- tried holding the fob while pressing the start button and all the other “tricks.” Luckily one of my shift mates was able to get me home while I figure this out. Shot back to the firehouse this morning with the 2nd key fob and no dice. Having it towed to the dealership, pretty frustrating to have an otherwise great truck have this issue.

@RamCares

-Sam

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where does the glass crack and how does the frame get cracked? I have a 2019 as well. Ill have to take a look to see if there is any water getting into the cab just out of curiosity
The glass itself doesn't crack, and sometimes you don't even seen cracks in the frame. But if you do see cracks they are in the inside.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This literally just happened to me yesterday morning while trying to get home from work. 2019 RAM Laramie. Wouldn’t unlock doors, wouldn’t let me start the truck- tried holding the fob while pressing the start button and all the other “tricks.” Luckily one of my shift mates was able to get me home while I figure this out. Shot back to the firehouse this morning with the 2nd key fob and no dice. Having it towed to the dealership, pretty frustrating to have an otherwise great truck have this issue.

@RamCares

-Sam
Hey Sam,

We'd certainly like to hear more about this and see how we can help. Would you mind sending us a DM so we can dig into this with you?

Callie
Ram Cares

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like you and I are in the same boat! My truck started but when I put it in drive it would turn off. Just got told it was the same thing! I have extended warranty but they’re not sure what it’s going to cover due to water. Kind of wild a three year old truck having this issue and it’s going to be a pretty Penny. On top of a 5 hour diagnostic. I shot a message to @RamCares, but still waiting to hear about everything. Thanks to this post seeing 2200 price tag. Awesome! Plus no vehicle for two weeks. Sorry for your problems man!
Hey there,

DM received! We look forward to assisting you there!

Callie
Ram Cares

GoRavens

Reaction score

@RamCares

-Sam
After getting the truck to the dealership Monday, they called last night and said it was a bad battery. Went to pick it up this morning, and after my ride leaving was told it wouldn’t be ready until lunch time.

Just got a call from them saying the new battery they installed died overnight. They then ran diagnostics and realized IT WAS THE SAME ISSUE THAT’S BEEN REPORTED HERE BY OTHERS. WIN unit shorted out from water from a leaking rear window.

I appreciate folks on here willing to share their stories, otherwise I’d think this was a random isolated thing.

Frustrating to say the least…

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After getting the truck to the dealership Monday, they called last night and said it was a bad battery. Went to pick it up this morning, and after my ride leaving was told it wouldn’t be ready until lunch time.

Just got a call from them saying the new battery they installed died overnight. They then ran diagnostics and realized IT WAS THE SAME ISSUE THAT’S BEEN REPORTED HERE BY OTHERS. WIN unit shorted out from water from a leaking rear window.

I appreciate folks on here willing to share their stories, otherwise I’d think this was a random isolated thing.

Frustrating to say the least…
Sorry to hear friend.

Last edited:

GoRavens

Reaction score
Wanted to give an update to anyone that has, is, or might unfortunately end up in the same boat.

It’s been 2 weeks and 2 days since I last had my 19 Laramie. Here are the problems I’ve had (cautionary tale):

1. Because it’s a mechanical breakdown, insurance doesn’t provide a rental vehicle. Dealer doesn’t, either. I’ve relied on rides to work from my FFs to avoid paying for a rental, which is cost prohibitive for a Family with a single income. Who in the heck can afford a rental these days!!??

2. Ram Cares has opened a case for me. They have been more responsive than the dealership who can’t return calls or provide regular updates. I’m out of warranty so I’m at the mercy of Chrysler and RamCares in hopes that they cover what is obviously a common flaw with 5th gen ram trucks.

3. The rear window is in at the dealership, but the win module is not. I imagine this is due to supply chain shortages since it’s got a chipset in it.

4. Finally got the dealership on the horn this morning. They have no idea when the module will be in and danced around the issue of who’s paying for this. I have zero idea of when it’ll be fixed or even if they’ve done anything with it at all.

I am at the same break point that others on this forum are with this issue.

Anyone that has gone through this, outside of ramcares and being persistent, is there anything else you did to resolve this that worked?

Thanks and sorry to the others that have gone through the same window and win module issues. Blows my mind that a major car corporation wouldn’t want to make this right. The rep of the brand is no doubt being affected by this flaw.

Sam

GoRavens

Reaction score
Same exact boat dude.

Hope you’ve had some good fortune in getting yours fixed. [mention]RamCares [/mention] was very helpful, and I should have my vehicle back this coming week now that the window and win module are in.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. This forum is a huge help, and my situation would have been way worse without folks on here sharing their insight and experiences.

God bless you aces on here (and ramcares).

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread