5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fob

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I came out of the gym and my truck won't recognize my fob. Got my kid to bring me my wife's and it doesn't recognize that one either. Waiting for a tow to the dealer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I came out of the gym and my truck won't recognize my fob. Got my kid to bring me my wife's and it doesn't recognize that one either. Waiting for a tow to the dealer.
Did you try pushing the start button with the fob itself?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You sure someone didn’t break into your truck? One trick for thieves is to wipe out the old fobs, then program new blanks.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

We'd love to get you some help while your vehicle is at the dealer! Please send us a DM if you're interested!

Callie
Ram Cares

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appearently water leaked through the rear window(crackd glass and frame) into the cab and burned out the module for the remote start system. Of course there are supply chain problems but my guy may have a line on a module across the state. If and when he can get one it will be $2200.00 for all parts and labor to repair. Of course it's out of warranty. I've heard a lot about this leaky rear window issue quite a bit. Seems CFA should have dealt with it by now. Oh well. I'm out of a truck for a bit.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appearently water leaked through the rear window(crackd glass and frame) into the cab and burned out the module for the remote start system. Of course there are supply chain problems but my guy may have a line on a module across the state. If and when he can get one it will be $2200.00 for all parts and labor to repair. Of course it's out of warranty. I've heard a lot about this leaky rear window issue quite a bit. Seems CFA should have dealt with it by now. Oh well. I'm out of a truck for a bit.

Reach out to @RamCares . I'd bet they could do something. They've already hit this thread just upstream.

(Worst case, keep your receipts. That class-action lawsuit may give you some relief.)

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If that is what they say the issue is, there’s no possible way it could cost $2200.
The part they are talking about, which is mounted on the back wall under the rear window, is the RF Hub, and it costs $80 MSRP:

The rear seats have to come out along with the insulated panel on the back wall in order to swap that out, but after that, it takes a few minutes to program the new one with your fobs. You do not need new fobs for this either (if that’s what they’re telling you. There are no other parts involved with swapping out the RF Hub.
This can’t possibly take them more than 3 hours in labor to do.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to add to the above, if you are going to try to source this part on your own, do not buy a used one. It has to be a brand new virgin RF Hub.

Reactions: c3k

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Reach out to @RamCares . I'd bet they could do something. They've already hit this thread just upstream.

(Worst case, keep your receipts. That class-action lawsuit may give you some relief.)
Hey! We appreciate the tag!

You can always reach out to us via direct messaging for assistance!

Callie
Ram Cares

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If that is what they say the issue is, there’s no possible way it could cost $2200.
The part they are talking about, which is mounted on the back wall under the rear window, is the RF Hub, and it costs $80 MSRP:

The rear seats have to come out along with the insulated panel on the back wall in order to swap that out, but after that, it takes a few minutes to program the new one with your fobs. You do not need new fobs for this either (if that’s what they’re telling you. There are no other parts involved with swapping out the RF Hub.
This can’t possibly take them more than 3 hours in labor to do.
They are saying that the whole rear window and frame need to be replaced. That is the cause of the leak.

JVELAZQUEZ0113

Reaction score
Looks like you and I are in the same boat! My truck started but when I put it in drive it would turn off. Just got told it was the same thing! I have extended warranty but they’re not sure what it’s going to cover due to water. Kind of wild a three year old truck having this issue and it’s going to be a pretty Penny. On top of a 5 hour diagnostic. I shot a message to @RamCares, but still waiting to hear about everything. Thanks to this post seeing 2200 price tag. Awesome! Plus no vehicle for two weeks. Sorry for your problems man!

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like you and I are in the same boat! My truck started but when I put it in drive it would turn off. Just got told it was the same thing! I have extended warranty but they’re not sure what it’s going to cover due to water. Kind of wild a three year old truck having this issue and it’s going to be a pretty Penny. On top of a 5 hour diagnostic. I shot a message to @RamCares, but still waiting to hear about everything. Thanks to this post seeing 2200 price tag. Awesome! Plus no vehicle for two weeks. Sorry for your problems man!
Back atcha dude. If it happens again I'm gonna lawyer up.

edgarrian

Reaction score
Where does the glass crack and how does the frame get cracked? I have a 2019 as well. Ill have to take a look to see if there is any water getting into the cab just out of curiosity

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My case, wet seat and carpet, heavy condensation on the interior.

The leak is hidden. No cracked frame, no cracked glass. It is from the top left corner.

Users who are viewing this thread