5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foam cannon

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Electric pressure washer ftw. I have both.. electric gets used for washes since it has plenty of power for that and is way quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe they are all made by the same people. I went through two chemical guys ones and one Amazon one.

Currently my Amazon one has lasted the longest. And a fraction of the cost of the chemical guys version.

But the CG honeydew foam seems to work the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also use a cheap Amazon one, it's looks almost identical to the Chemical Guys one another guy in my local Ram Club has. Works great. I also use the CG Honeydew car wash in it. Mix 2-3 oz of the CG and the rest of the reservoir with warm water. Mix and spray. This was last weekend and took picture about 2 minutes after I finished spraying the foam. PXL_20220409_201944048.MP.jpg

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I pressure wash the vehicle, then foam. Leave the foam in place and hand wash. The foam helps lift surface contaminates and enhances lubrication during hand washing to limit scratching. I use a cheap Amazon foam canon. I find that making the spray pattern wide and during down the flow creates the most foam. If you are looking for a foam canon soap to try, give Adams Mega Foam a shot.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not 100% convinced that it really helps (but I still do it).
You’re SUPPOSED to rinse after the foam cannon. This allegedly rinses off larger loose particles that would otherwise scratch your paint when you start wiping with the sponge.

Exactly. When you foam cannon you leave the foam soak a little to loosen up the bigger pieces of dirt/grime. Rinse off and then do the 2 bucket system. This would get most of the contaminates off the vehicle before using a mitt to do the full wash minimizing scratches.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Many car washing product manufacturers (Griots, Chemical Guys, etc) recommend the following (which is how I wash):
  1. Pressure foam your cool to the touch vehicle (no pre-rinse) and allow soap to dwell for several minutes
  2. Pressure rinse
  3. Two bucket wash (or optionally pressure foam and two bucket wash)
  4. Pressure rinse
When using the pressure washer I like to wash at least two vehicles at at time because the pressure washer is a PITA to get out set up etc, so the fewer number of times I have to get it out the better.
  • Foam 1st vehicle and allow to dwell
  • Set up 2 bucket washing
  • Rinse 1st vehicle and foam 2nd to dwell
  • 2 bucket 1st vehicle
  • Rinse 1st and 2nd vehicles
  • 2 bucket 2nd vehicle
  • Rinse 2nd

blue_by_you

Reaction score
anything wrong with just pressure washing, then foam cannon with CarPro Reset then pressure wash off and dry with leaf blower? I dont want to touch the paint and I'll get it professionally detailed 1x a year by the people that did the ceramic coating.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
anything wrong with just pressure washing, then foam cannon with CarPro Reset then pressure wash off and dry with leaf blower? I dont want to touch the paint and I'll get it professionally detailed 1x a year by the people that did the ceramic coating.
If I'm doing a touchless wash, I like to do a pre-rinse with ONR before I hit it with the pressure washer.

bombaman

Reaction score
I havent had much luck with the CG Honeydew and my Amazon Foam Cannon, it does foam, but usually seems to be lowwer lather than I was hoping. Almost out so onto another brand to try.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I havent had much luck with the CG Honeydew and my Amazon Foam Cannon, it does foam, but usually seems to be lowwer lather than I was hoping. Almost out so onto another brand to try.
I might try changing to a 1.1mm orifice. Honeydew has been awesome for me for years. Adam's mega foam had also been great. Might be another one to try.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Make sure you’re adding enough wash liquid and you’re pressure washer has enough gpm / psi as required.

I bought two chemical guys cannons both broke. Now my Amazon one works the exact same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Adjust the flow, and make sure you are diluting the CG soap properly in the reservoir. Helps to use warm water when mixing it. This is my cheap Amazon foam cannon and CG Honeydew after sitting for 3 minutes.

Attachments

• PXL_20220409_201944048.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220409_201944048.MP.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 33

bombaman

Reaction score
Adjust the flow, and make sure you are diluting the CG soap properly in the reservoir. Helps to use warm water when mixing it. This is my cheap Amazon foam cannon and CG Honeydew after sitting for 3 minutes.
Thats about the consistency of mine after 30 seconds, Might give it another shot then..

Cajun_

Reaction score
i use rinse less wash heavily diluted as a pre wash, pulls everything off the paint and breaks it up ( lots of industrial dust where I am.) Rinse that off then use a bug cleaner then foam everything and keep foaming while i work on sections with the handmitt and high lube shampoo. Foam prevents spotting so long as you dont let it dry. Washing a black truck in louisiana summers sucks.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i use rinse less wash heavily diluted as a pre wash
I started doing this recently as well. Putting together a routine that I can maintain on the road, and have started spraying down with 16:1 ONR as the first step.

Begrenzt

Reaction score
I have three rather expensive foam cannons and have been happy with them. HOWEVER, Harbor Freight recent introduced car care products. One is a $25 foam cannon. I switched to a 1.1 orifice and have been amazed at the amount of foam. Quite a barga in my opinion

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I gave up on my amazon foam cannon and am now just using a pressure washer for pre-rinse and two bucket method.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I gave up on my amazon foam cannon and am now just using a pressure washer for pre-rinse and two bucket method.
My Amazon foam cannon that hooks to pressure washer is awesome. Biggest thing is getting the mix ratio correct in the reservoir. And using warm water when diluting the soap for the foam cannon.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Hi
Do you guys rinse the truck off after you use foam cannon or do you just go straight to the hand wash part with the bucket and rinse after.
I wet the truck 1st then foam cannon. After that, I spray that off without washing/touching the paint. Next, I wash with two bucket (this may be overkill because both buckets are pretty clean after I'm done). Finally. I come back with spray rinse off.
A few extra steps but my black paint is shiny without spider webbing.

Users who are viewing this thread