5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foam cannon

Twil6

Reaction score
Hi
Do you guys rinse the truck off after you use foam cannon or do you just go straight to the hand wash part with the bucket and rinse after.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do the same as Wgm. When it’s hot, I section the truck and work on 1/3 at a time so the soap won’t dry

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do the same as Wgm. When it’s hot, I section the truck and work on 1/3 at a time so the soap won’t dry
Basically the same here as well. If hot or in direct sunlight, I will typically only wash half at a time leaving the side exposed to the sunlight for last. It has been years since I've owned a black vehicle, and I've never owned a vehicle as large as my RAM, so it took a few washes before I found an approach that worked with good results lol.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I do wheels and rims first, change water and then foam the top and work down washing by hand each section. Finding between sections.

in the shade.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I actually do both.

After I clean the wheels, I spray some bug cleaner on the front and mirrors and foam the entire vehicle. After I let that dwell for a bit, I rinse.

Next, I foam it again and immediately hand wash with 6-8 wash mitts depending on the vehicle.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I foam the truck in quarter sections and use the foam to hand wash. I do quarters because it takes me a minute to climb up and down the ladder multiple times because it’s so damn tall 😂

Tinman 454

Reaction score
first time ever using a foam gun with some chemical guys soaps I hand washed after foaming it and then spray it off very happy with how it works. BFB1C23E-25D5-4D40-A05E-F0AF8016A1D2.jpeg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
does foaming work ?
I’m not 100% convinced that it really helps (but I still do it).
You’re SUPPOSED to rinse after the foam cannon. This allegedly rinses off larger loose particles that would otherwise scratch your paint when you start wiping with the sponge.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup. I just did mine and my bike after the weekend ride. Didn’t take pics of the truck. But it makes my old ktm look like new after rides. Same with the truck
c232184e338c58d8b7745666a58b46bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deese

Reaction score
What are some good foam cannons out there? Been tossing around getting one before car wash season starts up.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are some good foam cannons out there? Been tossing around getting one before car wash season starts up.
For the money, I've had very good results from the TriNova. MTM PF22.2 if you want probably the best you'll find.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I use chemicals guys. I had a cheaper one off Amazon that ended up leaking bad so I picked up a CG from Walmart due to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe they are all made by the same people. I went through two chemical guys ones and one Amazon one.

Currently my Amazon one has lasted the longest. And a fraction of the cost of the chemical guys version.

But the CG honeydew foam seems to work the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldsy

Reaction score
Honestly, there is the MTM PF22 and then there is everything else. The MTM is expensive, but amazing. If you don't want to spend that kind of money on a foam cannon, a 20 dollar one from Amazon will do the job. The rest in between are just fancier packaging.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, there is the MTM PF22 and then there is everything else. The MTM is expensive, but amazing. If you don't want to spend that kind of money on a foam cannon, a 20 dollar one from Amazon will do the job. The rest in between are just fancier packaging.
The TriNova is a lot better than the Amazon specials, especially with a 1.1mm orifice. I'd probably recommend it over the MTM for most people.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I bought one off amazon 3 years ago for $20 and it's worked perfectly. It has all brass and stainless construction except for the obvious plastic parts. I use it 2-3 times a month except when it's below freezing. I definitely think there's diminishing returns as the price goes up which something like this that's basically a commodity.

The PITA part is getting out the gas pressure washer, hooking it up, and the noise. I usually try to wash at least two vehicles at a time from my fleet just to save on set up/take down time.

Users who are viewing this thread