5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Flowmaster's are the poor mans Magnaflow ;) And you could argue, but a far tougher argument, that MF is the poor mans Borla. Not a bad product but not a free-flow design like MF and Borla and the materials and quality aren't quite there either.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flowmaster's are the poor mans Magnaflow ;) And you could argue, but a far tougher argument, that MF is the poor mans Borla. Not a bad product but not a free-flow design like MF and Borla and the materials and quality aren't quite there either.
So that makes Borla the poor mans Corsa?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So that makes Borla the poor mans Corsa?
Now you're catching on ;) Actually, I would put Corsa and Borla right there at the top together next and neck. Just my personal experiences with these over the last 22 years as I have had them all. I had a Corsa on my last 2007 GMC Sierra Denali and it was a work of art and sounded amazing! If I went CBE today, my choices would only be two: MF or Borla...period but that's just one man's opinion.

I have a great friend whose a Proctologist and he always said opinions are like @$$holes...everyone's got one:ROFLMAO:

hopVIP

Reaction score
From what I've heard MF sounds great but personally I'd go with either Borla or Carven. All have similar Hemi sound with these trucks but from what I've seen and heard smaller mufflers are louder. And depending on what you do with cats and resonators the tone will change.

dakmary

Reaction score

Which muffler from borla suits me? Are you referring to Borla’s cat back options? (touring for example)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dakmary

Reaction score
From what I've heard MF sounds great but personally I'd go with either Borla or Carven. All have similar Hemi sound with these trucks but from what I've seen and heard smaller mufflers are louder. And depending on what you do with cats and resonators the tone will change.

I’m planing to keep the resonator, As I’m afraid if I do a full cat back it’ll be too loud and/or might have drone issues. Thus I’m leaning towards replacing the muffler. What would you recommend?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here’s what I had before

Attachments

• 5BA2DC2F-712A-4D97-9625-A56B4DF14DDE.jpeg
    5BA2DC2F-712A-4D97-9625-A56B4DF14DDE.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 92
  • BB100530-DBA6-404C-AE86-D62859511C3C.jpeg
    BB100530-DBA6-404C-AE86-D62859511C3C.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 91

dakmary

Reaction score
Thanks! You had it on a 2019 Ram? Why did you remove it?

dakmary

Reaction score
I’ve easily had over (5) exhaust systems on the DT model. All have been removed because of a thing called marriage lol.

Oh Marriage! I have this syndrome too

Was it too loud?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not for me but I was easily outvoted by the fact she’s D wife lol.

Damion

Reaction score
The flow master is not loud at all, just a nice rumble. I also kept the resonators installed. The wife didn't notice anything was different until I told her, she just said yes it sounds good. While going down the road its not noticeable nd the radio on 6 or 8 volume easily overpowers the exhaust sound.

Ive had magna flow on other vehicles and id say the quality is at par, full stainless construction etc.

dakmary

Reaction score
Not for me but I was easily outvoted by the fact she’s D wife lol.
Haha.. So what do you have now? I assume what you have now doesn't bother the wife. (pls don't say you are back to stock muffler )

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread