5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mat Recall

gtxdana

Reaction score
Is there a part number on the new recall mat? When they did the floormat recall on my truck, they just left the new mat in the truck since I had the carpeted mats in the truck at the time. I didn't really see any difference between the old mat and the new one.

RRSBighorn

Reaction score
Is there a part number on the new recall mat? When they did the floormat recall on my truck, they just left the new mat in the truck since I had the carpeted mats in the truck at the time. I didn't really see any difference between the old mat and the new one.
Here is pictures of the differences, the just lowered where the ribs were relative to the gas pedal.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/floor-mat-recall.23427/page-2#post-331491

The 2nd picture shows where the part # is on back of mat. The recall notice W64, shows over a dozen part #'s that are part of recall. I didn't get the new mat yet so don't know what the new # is.

jmr

Reaction score
I bought my mat as a mopar accessory and got 2 recall notifications. The dealer had a hard time with the recall since it wasn't tied to my vin. I had to show them my sales receipt for the mat then the parts dept guy exchanged the old mat for the replacement version. It was a hassle but finally got completed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Quirk Ram in Weymouth, MA - asked if they were still hand modifying the rebel floormats and they said yes as mats are not available for 3-6 months.

Thank you, the mats are available now. We reached out to the dealer's field resources to clarify with them.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

jayp1919

Reaction score
So I fit into the category of having bought my truck and then a couple months later I purchased the floor mats from the dealer parts department, part# 82215323AB. I received both recall notices in the mail, the first one to have them cut, and then the second directing me to contact the dealer for replacement. When contacting the dealer they state that my VIN is not applicable to the recall. I contacted FCA and Mopar who told me the same thing, and contacted the dealer while I waited on hold and came back with the same answer. I tried my best to explain that this is a safety recall issued for a part, not the truck itself and explained that the truck did not come from the factory as having them but I have a receipt showing that I purchased this from the dealer but its like they are just reading off of a script and not budging. For those of you who have had success, what are you saying to your dealer to get them to accept it? Any advice on where I can tell them to look in their system to find the right information? I have provided them with the W64# on the notice but they again state that my vin is not part of it. The dealer is Lia in Northampton, MA
Thanks

RRSBighorn

Reaction score
So I fit into the category of having bought my truck and then a couple months later I purchased the floor mats from the dealer parts department, part# 82215323AB. I received both recall notices in the mail, the first one to have them cut, and then the second directing me to contact the dealer for replacement. When contacting the dealer they state that my VIN is not applicable to the recall. I contacted FCA and Mopar who told me the same thing, and contacted the dealer while I waited on hold and came back with the same answer. I tried my best to explain that this is a safety recall issued for a part, not the truck itself and explained that the truck did not come from the factory as having them but I have a receipt showing that I purchased this from the dealer but its like they are just reading off of a script and not budging. For those of you who have had success, what are you saying to your dealer to get them to accept it? Any advice on where I can tell them to look in their system to find the right information? I have provided them with the W64# on the notice but they again state that my vin is not part of it. The dealer is Lia in Northampton, MA
Thanks
I posted the same problem , see post 19 & 20: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/floor-mat-recall.26556/post-374577.

I just picked up the mats a few hours ago, gave them the old one and vehicle mileage, and got the new updated one. To recap, I called service, and they told me they couldn't replace because it wasn't part of the VIN #. I was PO'd and since this dealer is only 2 miles away. I went in there but went to the parts department, not service, with my recall notice #64 and talked to a guy I think was the parts manager. I showed him that the notice said the recall included mats that were not originally on the window sticker but were purchased from an authorized Ram dealer. I told him that the service said it wasn't part of the VIN and couldn't replace it, but he looked up my VIN number (bring that in with you) and found that in the VIN database, that my floormats recall, was in separate area. I bought these original mats from the dealer I bought the truck from and was included as an extra cost line item, although I had to wait to get them because they weren't in stock. If you bought these from a different dealer at a different time, you will need the receipt, but you still are entitled to a new mat.

Also you might try sending Katlin from RamCares a PM. I did that, but didn't need her help as I got it done on my own.

jayp1919

Reaction score
I posted the same problem , see post 19 & 20: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/floor-mat-recall.26556/post-374577.

I just picked up the mats a few hours ago, gave them the old one and vehicle mileage, and got the new updated one. To recap, I called service, and they told me they couldn't replace because it wasn't part of the VIN #. I was PO'd and since this dealer is only 2 miles away. I went in there but went to the parts department, not service, with my recall notice #64 and talked to a guy I think was the parts manager. I showed him that the notice said the recall included mats that were not originally on the window sticker but were purchased from an authorized Ram dealer. I told him that the service said it wasn't part of the VIN and couldn't replace it, but he looked up my VIN number (bring that in with you) and found that in the VIN database, that my floormats recall, was in separate area. I bought these original mats from the dealer I bought the truck from and was included as an extra cost line item, although I had to wait to get them because they weren't in stock. If you bought these from a different dealer at a different time, you will need the receipt, but you still are entitled to a new mat.

Also you might try sending Katlin from RamCares a PM. I did that, but didn't need her help as I got it done on my own.
Thank you. We have corresponded and it seems like a fix is in the works. Troubling part of this is both Mopar and FCA at the call centers do not understand this either. Despite clearly explaining how the purchasing went they gave the same replies of citing the VIN as not being part of the recall...I explained what was said in this thread as well. It wasnt until the 3rd rep that I spoke with who actually took the time to "listen" to what I was saying and not just repeating a like a robot that my vin is not part of the recall that something started to get moving. FCA called the dealer's service and parts department and last I was told from the service manager is that an account manager needed to override something but wasnt going to be in the office until today. So will see what happens. Kaitlin is working on it as well. Thanks again for your reply....I am equally as PO'd about how much effort this has taken to resolve.

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
Took my Laramie in today for the recall, ten minutes from when they checked me in until the swap was done and they brought the truck back. It had a yellow tag attached with a zip tie that I had to remove and push the mat down onto the locking pin. Here’s some pictures of the new mat and part numbers on the back.

Attachments

• E180CC42-94C4-4C51-A0B7-1FCBFD07898F.jpeg
    E180CC42-94C4-4C51-A0B7-1FCBFD07898F.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 52
  • CF1EC507-55F9-471A-9B4E-5DE1348447DB.jpeg
    CF1EC507-55F9-471A-9B4E-5DE1348447DB.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 52
  • C1767B01-B298-4957-A445-A7992D030324.jpeg
    C1767B01-B298-4957-A445-A7992D030324.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 52

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Yes, you will get CSN W73 where you will get a new mat. Letters will be sent out soon.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Hey @RamCares, how do I deal with this?

I got a letter and finally went to the dealer a few weeks ago to get the mat replaced. No mat in stock, so we ordered one, although it said there were none in the warehouse.... Never heard when it arrived. Yesterday brought it in for service and to have the mat replaced. Done.

Today I'm getting badgered saying they need the letter I got because it looks like they shouldn't have replaced it. It's a Mopar mat with Mopar part numbers on it and they have a record in the parts department of me buying it. I have power adjusted pedals. I don't have a letter with my name and VIN on it.

So it seems that because I purchased the mat through the parts department and not with the new truck it doesn't show up on a recall list, and so it shouldn't have been changed. I don't have the letter anymore -- I left it with the writer -- so I'm going to bring the damn mat back. Hopefully they didn't toss my original. And then I'm going to call NHTSA tomorrow because I can't get safety recall performed. .

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealership should have read the recall - and verified the part numbers on the underside of the driver's side mat. Even if you purchased it from the Dealership Parts Department, it would have been replaced if it was improper.

The recall .PDF was posted elsewhere on the original recall notification on this site if you want to look at it yourself for comparision.

I still have my old and new if someone needs photos (thanks to @HoosierTrooper for posting his)

RamCares

Reaction score
Hey @RamCares, how do I deal with this?

I got a letter and finally went to the dealer a few weeks ago to get the mat replaced. No mat in stock, so we ordered one, although it said there were none in the warehouse.... Never heard when it arrived. Yesterday brought it in for service and to have the mat replaced. Done.

Today I'm getting badgered saying they need the letter I got because it looks like they shouldn't have replaced it. It's a Mopar mat with Mopar part numbers on it and they have a record in the parts department of me buying it. I have power adjusted pedals. I don't have a letter with my name and VIN on it.

So it seems that because I purchased the mat through the parts department and not with the new truck it doesn't show up on a recall list, and so it shouldn't have been changed. I don't have the letter anymore -- I left it with the writer -- so I'm going to bring the damn mat back. Hopefully they didn't toss my original. And then I'm going to call NHTSA tomorrow because I can't get safety recall performed. .
Hi Richard320, we responded to your message, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.

Rob
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread